Daily Deals Introduced

Well, glad I got all the things when I did. And I'm ok spending a bit more mtx pts for the sake of keeping GGG going. Also yeah, this and steam sales are going to be the bane of my bank account...
Grant us eyes.
Последняя редакция: Gibbevex. Время: 27 марта 2013 г., 13:21:31
Today's daily deal is weird: The Prem-Tabs are discounted while the Bundle is not. Today, when you buy a bundle, you'd pay 20 Points more than if you buy 6 Prem Tabs individually (200 instead of 180).
I suggest that whenever Tabs get discounted, bundles should be discounted so that they at least are not pricier than buying several single tabs individually.
As a Path of Exile supporter, I appreciate the new daily deal implementation. It is a great way to support the game we love on a budget.

Like Sevaloc, I agree that when the single tab is discounted, the set of them should be as well. It only makes sense.

I, for one, do not mind (at all) the new advertisement on the log in screen. I do not see why it is an issue. I believe that most of the people voicing concerns over it's appearance are those who disapprove, while a majority of players overall stay silent simply because it's what it is - not an issue. It does not interrupt the game play experience. You look at it for one second (the time it takes you to click log on). This is NOT a big deal. I've played games where advertisements and microtransaction items are shoved in your face during all times - through in-game advertisements, ads on the inventory box, etc. This is intrusive. As it stands, Path of Exile is not being overly intrusive. They need money to keep the game going. If you don't support them then don't buy the item, but do not have the audacity to complain about GGG keeping their staff paid and the game running.

That's my .02 on the daily deal debate.
@Onesie
I really jus want an option to turn it off- can only hope someone comes up with a trick they share that either covers it or makes it disapear lol
Последняя редакция: PeachMango. Время: 27 марта 2013 г., 2:50:21
GGG, is it possible to show the before and after discount price? That'll certainly help the decision making process be a lot quicker. =)
I really wonder when the "Verdant" Weapon Effect gonna be on Sale, I really like it ;).
IGN: ArcZero
©ArcZero™
@Calie

You are right that it's not a big deal, but i think it's important to understand why people are complaining nonetheless. I suppose to summarise, i would say it's the principle of the thing. It does not take much audacity to inform a designer that their design decision is hurting your immersion. They may or may not consider it a worthwhile trade-off, and that's fine.

I'm sure many of us will agree that intrusive advertising in the game is a lot worse than a simple ad on the login screen. I imagine less would agree on the difference between the two. Personally, that big green dollar sign right above the action bar has been bothering me since i started playing, for example.

I haven't booted the game once since i first saw an ad on the login screen... but that's probably because i've been too busy playing Natural Selection 2. However, it would be foolish to assume that it's not a factor.

At the end of the day, they will very likely make more money by including the daily deals popup on the login screen, even if they lose a few customers like myself, and i'm not necessarily saying that's a bad thing. I could, however, draw a few similarities between such a decision and certain controversial design decisions of the Diablo 3 team, but i think my point is already made so i'll leave it there :)
"
Schismatist написал:
@Calie
You are right that it's not a big deal, but i think it's important to understand why people are complaining nonetheless. I suppose to summarise, i would say it's the principle of the thing. It does not take much audacity to inform a designer that their design decision is hurting your immersion. They may or may not consider it a worthwhile trade-off, and that's fine.

It's just a login screen, man. Hardly a place where immersion is so deep that an ad (and hey, how do we know it's not an ad for our characters?) would ruin the effect.

GGG needs money to keep going. If we don't see the deals, we're not tempted to buy things.

Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Последняя редакция: VideoGeemer. Время: 1 апр. 2013 г., 15:22:14
"
VideoGeemer написал:
"
Schismatist написал:
@Calie

It's just a login screen, man. Hardly a place where immersion is so deep that an ad (and hey, how do we know it's not an ad for our characters?) would ruin the effect.

GGG needs money to keep going. If we don't see the deals, we're not tempted to buy things.

wrong, and its not as though an increase in game fixes has occured since the AD got put up, its just so tacky I have not even been playing, just double click the game to see if it starts patching lately, then notice its just slowly retrieving daily deal info AND I CLOSE IT
Hi Guys, I just started a youtube channel. I want to feature alot of RPG games on the channel but right now I'm doing Path of Exile because there seems to be alot of interest in it. Currently I'm doing a shadow class ranged build. I would appreciate your views/support please check out my channel and let me know what you think! Thanks!

www.youtube.com/user/ziggs
www.youtube.com/user/ziggsrpg

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация