What games do you guys play other than POE?

"
xMustard написал:
Chronicon just came out with its first DLC, Ancient Beasts. looks sweet, got it already, gonna play it at some point.

Also there are a few Factorio-esque games on my wishlist i'll pick up when they go on sale, Mindustry and shapez.io.
Core Keeper is also releasing early March, can't wait to see how well that is received.

i just can't get behind triple A gaming anymore. indie pixel art games are
#1 way less system requirements. no need to upgrade PC components to play
#2 way cheaper to purchase
#3 way higher reviews

so there are 4 massive titles that everyone has been anticipating for a long time now.

Lost Ark. way too MMO for me, i thought it was more ARPG. at least its free, but has pay to progress features and currently sitting at 71% with 110,000+ reviews. not exactly mind blowing.

Dying Light 2. 80 bucks, would need to upgrade my PC to even play it, sitting at 80% with 58k reviews.

Horizon Forbidden West. console only, 85-90%. also expensive.

and finally Elden Ring. again 80 bucks, and right now sitting at (game of the year edition) 61% with 35k reviews. ouch.

yeah i'll stick to games that don't require insane requirements, cost like 10-15 bucks purchase at most, and have 95% or higher reviews.
i mean take a look at a top rated games of all time on steam list, and see how many are indie pixel art games....3/4 of them?
i mean frick, Vampire Survivors is like 98% positive with 50k reviews and only cost 3 dollars.

but sure, enjoy your overly hyped buggy release disappointments, and keep going back for more! lol

To be fair, rates like those tend to be influenced by the hype and expectations behind the games, people who bother to post a rate(and goes double for someone who bother to post a review) tend to be people recently shut down to earth after sky-high expectations... ER will most likely fix itself tho, most AAA titles fix themselves after some weeks, games with big worlds often are released with a great many bugs that get polished over time, dragon age and skyrim were also broken on release and fixed themselves over time(not unlike PoE leagues, lul), so rates on a fresh product tend to be not reflective of the current state of the game, and even less so about the future state of the game i think

Always give it some time for the dust to settle on AAA titles i would say, its dumb to buy big titles as soon as they are out-unless you are not playing for the game, but just to have experience to talk about the game(and dont ever look at metacritic, professional reviews on the videogame media are just... whow they even still exist is the big question)
"
feike написал:
To be fair, rates like those tend to be influenced by the hype and expectations behind the games, people who bother to post a rate(and goes double for someone who bother to post a review) tend to be people recently shut down to earth after sky-high expectations... ER will most likely fix itself tho, most AAA titles fix themselves after some weeks, games with big worlds often are released with a great many bugs that get polished over time, dragon age and skyrim were also broken on release and fixed themselves over time(not unlike PoE leagues, lul), so rates on a fresh product tend to be not reflective of the current state of the game, and even less so about the future state of the game i think

Always give it some time for the dust to settle on AAA titles i would say, its dumb to buy big titles as soon as they are out-unless you are not playing for the game, but just to have experience to talk about the game(and dont ever look at metacritic, professional reviews on the videogame media are just... whow they even still exist is the big question)

you know what? negative reviews because of bad releases are incredibly valid, especially after dropping 80 bucks for the BASE game let alone any other price incurred for whatever bonus packages.

will ER level out? it might. if people change their reviews. but otherwise it'll still only sit at maybe max 90% positive. first impressions are key. has cyberjunk 2021 recovered yet?

i think its part of the problem to expect triple A titles, which cost the most and have the most funding and development behind them, to release badly. thats a problem.

and rates on a fresh product DO tend to be reflective of the "current" state of the game. not necessarily the future, sure, but who cares about that when you just spent 80 bucks and want the weekend to put in its time, when its fresh and hyped?

thats like telling everyone that plays new PoE leagues for just the first 2-4 weeks, "don't worry, it'll all be patched up and working by month 2....when you've already lost all interest to play even when the game is working perfectly to begin with"
not the best business model...you'd think. but this business's consumers just keep consuming, so what do the developers care? other than reputation...which to be real doesn't matter a lick as long as you get enough hype. and they still profit hundreds of millions.

but thats half my point. why bother with it? for shiny graphics? just play some of the greatest games released to date with literally no issues

https://steamdb.info/stats/gameratings/
Последняя редакция: xMustard. Время: 25 февр. 2022 г., 19:47:35
"
xMustard написал:
you know what? negative reviews because of bad releases are incredibly valid, especially after dropping 80 bucks for the BASE game let alone any other price incurred for whatever bonus packages.

will ER level out? it might. if people change their reviews. but otherwise it'll still only sit at maybe max 90% positive. first impressions are key. has cyberjunk 2021 recovered yet?

i think its part of the problem to expect triple A titles, which cost the most and have the most funding and development behind them, to release badly. thats a problem.

and rates on a fresh product DO tend to be reflective of the "current" state of the game. not necessarily the future, sure, but who cares about that when you just spent 80 bucks and want the weekend to put in its time, when its fresh and hyped?

thats like telling everyone that plays new PoE leagues for just the first 2-4 weeks, "don't worry, it'll all be patched up and working by month 2....when you've already lost all interest to play even when the game is working perfectly to begin with"
not the best business model...you'd think. but this business's consumers just keep consuming, so what do the developers care? other than reputation...which to be real doesn't matter a lick as long as you get enough hype. and they still profit hundreds of millions.

but thats half my point. why bother with it? for shiny graphics? just play some of the greatest games released to date with literally no issues

https://steamdb.info/stats/gameratings/

First impressions are key but they are not everything

Street Fighter V launched at an abysmall state and guess what? Its hyped as one of the best games of its generation now

The game will sort itself wether people complain or not, its all about developers interest and that does not come only from immediate feedback
In fact, in some games, its more profitable on the long run to take the immediate bad impression and use the feedback to polish the game from there. Thorough testing is expensive, in very big games like ER its unlikely be enough to detect everything and overall might not be worth it esp if it pushes the game release after some deadline. Its super common for a big developer to expect initial flak, as long as its not something that renders the game umplayable, developers know videogame consumers are in general a rather forgiving kind of customer

And frankly, if you are the sort who only want to play a game when its "fresh and hyped", thats a VERY sheep-ish way to go. And frankly, kinda weird coming from someone who dont mind venturing into indie games, those are never hyped and also tend to become better with patches, after they are no longer fresh. Most games nowadays give the best experience when they are patched out and that does not only apply to AAAs. Prision arquitect, galactic civs 2 and 3, rimworld, surviving mars, frostpunk... all of those are WAY better now than when they were "fresh and hyped"

And to the other half of your point: Sticking to just the top rated games is just as silly as sticking only to AAAs. There are many AAA titles that DO live up to their name and deliver. No indie game can quite deliver a shooter like doom or the AAAs, very few RPGs can match the new tales game or the final fantasy series, and so on
"
feike написал:
And frankly, if you are the sort who only want to play a game when its "fresh and hyped", thats a VERY sheep-ish way to go. And frankly, kinda weird coming from someone who dont mind venturing into indie games, those are never hyped and also tend to become better with patches, after they are no longer fresh. Most games nowadays give the best experience when they are patched out and that does not only apply to AAAs. Prision arquitect, galactic civs 2 and 3, rimworld, surviving mars, frostpunk... all of those are WAY better now than when they were "fresh and hyped"

And to the other half of your point: Sticking to just the top rated games is just as silly as sticking only to AAAs. There are many AAA titles that DO live up to their name and deliver. No indie game can quite deliver a shooter like doom or the AAAs, very few RPGs can match the new tales game or the final fantasy series, and so on

im not that type, i was speaking for majority of people who ride the waves of marketing and hype....AKA a large part of gamers. most ppl who watch twitch, and stuff like that.
face it, a lot of people playing these big titles are doing so because they're front page twitch news and have the highest marketing bubble. once that crashes, they move on to what is.

also i don't and am not trying to suggest you should just stick with top rated steam game list, but im using it as evidence that indie games and/or pixel art games are, IMO, miles above most triple A experiences. the ratings don't lie though, especially when its tens of thousands

no indie game can quite deliver a shooter like doom or the AAAs? well no other game in general can offer things like doom....but in that regard, each game is unique in its own way. a great shooter like doom? hell yeah there are multiple indie games that are fulfilling that and more.
same goes for the RPGs

and even if you find the diamond in the rough triple A title which stands above and beyond any other experience, that exception isn't exactly an argument against my claim....that indie/pixel games are on par if not superior to triple A titles. my point is, 3A games, for their development timeline and funding and marketing, it should essentially be expected and a given that they'll be the best games to play.

this is precisely why PoE and GGG stood out so hard and rose to the point where they're at now...even being harolded as superior to the diablo series which spawned such games to begin with!

the main thing that goes against indie games is they're mostly unheard of. they don't have the marketing prowess that massive gaming companies possess.

theres obviously some subjective aspects involved here, like what each gamer is looking to get out of their experience.
my subjective conclusion is i'll most likely never buy a tripleA title again.
After watching uncounted hours of gameplay, I finally gave in and bought Frostpunk, a steampunk-era ice-age apocalypse settlement builder survival game.

I am loving the hell out of it! It's by no means easy, and the scenarios very nicely set up expectations of procedure, then change them up with each iteration. Beyond the several base scenarios, with multiple difficulties, there is also Endless mode, a great way to chill out just building (Serenity), a way to challenge yourself with limited starting resources (Builder), or an opportunity to see how far you can go in an increasingly hostile environment (Endurance). In each, you can also create your own challenges in various locations with whatever limitations you choose to place on yourself (no exploration, minimal housing, NO HEATER...)

Steampunk 2 is already on the way (no release date yet), and promises to expand on the lore of the base game. Should be a lotta fun, too. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Последняя редакция: Raycheetah. Время: 5 апр. 2022 г., 20:45:19
Sounds pretty cool Ray. I have a lot of games just no time to play them. You guys are lucky.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep написал:
I have a lot of games just no time to play them

Preach!

I'm juggling Lost Ark, Elden Ring (NG+++), and Destiny 2. (I havent even touched Horizon yet)

There were some good titles on the Playstion Spring Sale too, but seriously who has time?

Not to mention the FFXIV patch is coming. I suppose these are good problems to have, but really, some damn good titles to spend your time on right now.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
xMustard написал:

and finally Elden Ring. again 80 bucks, and right now sitting at (game of the year edition) 61% with 35k reviews. ouch.

I'm only 60 hours in, but Elden Ring continues to amaze me with its scope and scale while maintaining that Dark Souls / Bloodborne charm. My brother has spent over twice as long in it, and he tells me my jaw will just continue to drop.

Get it on sale later, sure, but get it when you can. If you're a Souls fan, you're doing yourself a massive disservice.
Just started Umineko.

Yep, this is gonna be a wild ride.

Oh, and I ripped through Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin. I knew it'd be 'for me' and it really is. Ugly fucking game with fucking amazing combat unlike anything else in the Souls/Nioh genre, great music and (surprise, but not really) a story worthy of the FF legacy once you let it do its thing. I don't even consider it a guilty pleasure; it's just a pleasure.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Diablo IV s4, Predecessor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Stellaris (finally);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster Deckbuilder, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word (book 2 draft is done! formatting and shit ensues.)
Последняя редакция: Foreverhappychan. Время: 13 апр. 2022 г., 15:18:56
Скрытый текст

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация