[3.19] Boneshatter Jugg - Cheap to start with room to grow. Fast mapping/Endgame boss videos

"
old_nihilist написал:
Why my dmg is so low.... Im killing bosses for ages... got the best axe at my lvl and still the same
Im using herald of ash + vitality + determination

upd: swapped to boneshatter at 53 lvl.... hate splitting steel mechanic.....
but can't understand what to do with auras...

Hmm... sounds to me like you need a better grasp of some of the game mechanics first and honestly, this isn't a guide for new players.

Apologies, but I'm not going to do a one-on-one to fix issues with a lvl 50 toon. I assure you, the main post has ALL the information you need to make the build work, but figuring out issues like this is on you to do. That is what the game is all about.

As you can see I am playing the build myself and I literally linked the crappiest SSF gear I was using when I started mapping on a 4L.

So, if you can't just copy that, then I dunno what to tell you, but this game is rough homie and struggling is part of it.

GL

EDIT: I suggest checking out videos on Youtube like Path of Exile University. Here's a good one on how to increase your damage in general: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abdcqae2hu8
Последняя редакция: corosou. Время: 6 февр. 2022 г., 14:33:58
Hey corosou, tried this build for the first time for this league, gotta say, mapping feels pretty good but killing bosses/archnems feels abysmal. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or my gear is just dog water. Other than bosses and hard rares, clearing red maps & easy mod T16s; build feels pretty good although I feel like I die a lot more than I should. I'm getting about 1M-1.2M on PoB, not sure how I'll reach 40M like your endgame PoB though.

Any tips for gear progression or where I need to go from here?

https://pastebin.com/wjZrMUW7
Последняя редакция: Callmezeus123. Время: 6 февр. 2022 г., 16:46:42
"
Callmezeus123 написал:
Hey corosou, tried this build for the first time for this league, gotta say, mapping feels pretty good but killing bosses/archnems feels abysmal. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or my gear is just dog water. Other than bosses and hard rares, clearing red maps & easy mod T16s; build feels pretty good although I feel like I die a lot more than I should. I'm getting about 1M-1.2M on PoB, not sure how I'll reach 40M like your endgame PoB though.

Any tips for gear progression or where I need to go from here?

https://pastebin.com/wjZrMUW7

You're doing fine, looks to me like you just started gearing.

Gem levels matter, gear rolls matter, corruptions matter, but Panopticon Allocated, Awakened Gems, Cluster Jewels, Watcher's Eye and Flasks matter the most.

You already know how to use PoB, well you can Copy & Paste item from mine into yours and setup your toon like mine and do a side by side comparison.

Everyone struggles with things like this and it's all part of the game to work through issues like this.

Overall, like I said, you're doing fine, just keep working on your toon.

As you saw, it doesn't take much to do T16 mapping, but ya T16+ Bossing requires investment; the build is pretty good, but it's not magic or using broken mechanics, so you gotta work on your toon more.

GL
"
corosou написал:

Hmm... sounds to me like you need a better grasp of some of the game mechanics first and honestly, this isn't a guide for new players.

Apologies, but I'm not going to do a one-on-one to fix issues with a lvl 50 toon. I assure you, the main post has ALL the information you need to make the build work, but figuring out issues like this is on you to do. That is what the game is all about.

As you can see I am playing the build myself and I literally linked the crappiest SSF gear I was using when I started mapping on a 4L.

So, if you can't just copy that, then I dunno what to tell you, but this game is rough homie and struggling is part of it.

GL

EDIT: I suggest checking out videos on Youtube like Path of Exile University. Here's a good one on how to increase your damage in general: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abdcqae2hu8

Thank's for your reply but I'm not a new player.
I've not played for 1,5 year and forgot a lot of skill mechanics and some depenciences but not the main understanding of the game.

The true is that it's my first melee build and that's why I don't know smth, but the only one place where I can learn it - this forum =).

If I can get the problem with dmg, so what auras use to level that's the question I struggle with.

"
old_nihilist написал:

Thank's for your reply but I'm not a new player.
I've not played for 1,5 year and forgot a lot of skill mechanics and some depenciences but not the main understanding of the game.

The true is that it's my first melee build and that's why I don't know smth, but the only one place where I can learn it - this forum =).

If I can get the problem with dmg, so what auras use to level that's the question I struggle with.

Gotcha, no worries, I've been there. I took a break for the WoW Classic release and when I came back I didn't remember a ton of stuff.

You really need to read the guide my man. I explain this build depends on physical damage. Just compare your jewelry to what I posted in page 29.

Do you see the Physical Damage? Not just 1-4 dmg like your lvl 1 Iron Rings, but 9-15 T1 rolls. That's an astronomical difference in terms of DPS.

Like I said, copy my character, ROLLS MATTER.

GL
3.17 Starting Red Maps Gear

Hi Fellas,

So... I took advantage of the early league prices by rushing double-chaos recipe and Heist and acquired a lot of the core items for pretty cheap and here's how I'm looking as of this writing:

**Mapping: AC+Behead. Bossing: MP+Ruthless

Well, I've done T16s and took out The Black Star with only one death, so DPS is fine for the most part and it will only get better!

As I'm sure you've noticed, this league is ridiculous rippy. What does that mean for us? Well, before 3.17 it had felt fine to cover Ailments through Flasks and Pantheon, but now it is 100% mandatory to have Ailment Immunity.

The easiest way to achieve this is through Purity of Elements, but it has a steep Mana Reservation cost of 50%.

The only way to fit it in is to drop Pride, which is big DPS loss, but we have DPS in spades, so I've tested it and it works fine!

This also means we have a new chase item to look forward to: "Aul's Uprising" with Pride No Reservation. It does mean we'll lose Marylene's Culling, but it may be worth it to regain Pride. We'll see how well I do money wise this league and maybe get one.

You'll also notice I am running Chains of Emancipation + Remove Curse Flask for the 100% Rage uptime trick and the additional Curse Immunity while above 25 Rage.

If you are unfamiliar with how the belt works: because we are immune to the effects of Temporal Chains (Unstoppable), when we get hit, we'll get cursed with Temporal (which does nothing), we then pop Curse Remove Flask and that refills our Rage; we then pop Berserk which drains Rage till we get below 25 Rage, we get hit again, get Temporal again, remove it again, regain Rage again, pop Berserk again. You can repeat this cycle FOREVER... So, yeah, it's pretty strong for Juggs.

I also added Life Gain on Hit to Leap Slam for a bit of healing as you move from pack to pack.

So, as always, every league brings its own challenges and so I'll continue to adjust the build as necessary, so stay tuned for further updates and don't forget to check out my Archnemesis toon for the latest things I'm testing.

Lastly, to boil it down, just take a look at the changes above and implement them into your toons and you will feel much tankier than before.

GL
Последняя редакция: corosou. Время: 7 февр. 2022 г., 20:24:50
I cant see the tree after leveling before cluster jewels. Ofc i can copy your character...
"
jdth6h написал:
I cant see the tree after leveling before cluster jewels. Ofc i can copy your character...

Ya, sorry, I'm not here to give you a play-by-play breakdown of every little thing you need to do.

I feel that doing that just perpetuates an uninformed player base dependent on others to make builds for them, when the goal should be that everyone can make their own build.

So, I opt instead for encouraging people to experiment and figure things out on their own, because struggle is a great teacher.

Trust me, this thread has all the information you need, but as you said, if all else fails, you can just copy what I'm doing.

GL
"
corosou написал:
"
Helchor написал:
Hopefully this hasn't been asked or answered before (couldn't find it):

SSF SC Standard, I'm looking for a melee build to compliment my skele mages (want faster map clear). Is this build at all viable in SSF?

Currently got my eyes on this and LS.

Thx in advance!

The build uses a lot of uniques, but none that make or break the build. Sure Replica Wings is nice, but it can be replaced with a self-crafted 2H axe.

Success in SSF really depends on your knowledge of the game, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

If you do try it, let us know how it goes.

GL

EDIT: The only real issue I see is getting Panopticon, because you either need the Oils or Thread of Hope, so it will take you a while to get the Oils.

Hey, me again.

Doing fine at mid red maps atm. Found a Kongor's which I 6L in 3 tries, so using that. I've died once so far. Got decent large & small cluster + immune to CB. But I'm looking at axes now to switch to acc / crit / more dps.

Perhaps a stupid question, but I haven't seen it asked:
How do we scale clear / AoE potential of Boneshatter if we forgo the stun (duration) potential of maces?

Is that where Melee splash and Ancestral call come in?

Thx in advance and gl

Edit: Misspelling
Последняя редакция: Helchor. Время: 8 февр. 2022 г., 11:51:18
"
Helchor написал:

Hey, me again.

Doing fine at mid red maps atm. Found a Kongor's which I 6L in 3 tries, so using that. I've died once so far. Got decent large & small cluster + immune to CB. But I'm looking at axes now to switch to acc / crit / more dps.

Perhaps a stupid question, but I haven't seen it asked:
How do we scale clear / AoE potential of Boneshatter if we forgo the stun (duration) potential of maces?

Is that where Melee splash and Ancestral call come in?

Thx in advance and gl

Edit: Misspelling

Cool! Welcome back.

We don't really need to scale Stun, the clear is already good enough and all investment should go towards endgame single target DPS because we are already fast enough mapping, but yes Melee Splash + Ancestral Call feel pretty good together, so does the other option, AC + Behead because of the Strike Range.

But, by all means feel free to experiment with Maces and more Stun duration.

GL

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация