[3.24] Splitting Steel Champ - All Uniques, Cheap League Start, Mapping, MF, Sanctum

Very interesting build to peep in on this lovely Sunday. I'm also a player developing wrist pain after playing PoE, so a simpler skill set-ups/autoflasks is always a nice thing. Currently reading through the PoB notes to get an idea of how upgrading goes. I was originally wanting to try a Splitting Steel Trickster with The Ephemeral Edge, but that kinda feels like a bait build. I'm tired of 'IMMORTAL OMG FACETANK UBERS' Trickster builds that still feel incredibly volatile, even with low-to-medium investment. Wings/Replica Wings is also one of my favorite uniques, so I took a peek at Poe Ninja, found your Champion, googled the setup, and here I am. I am still comparing this vs. the trickster build as the second character to roll this league now that I've got a handful of div and 240c kicking around the stash—rather, 260c, thank you for the trade, BLUEBALLENJOYER— but I've gotta say, this has definitely caught my attention.

Few quick questions that I haven't peeped in my note reading -yet-:

1: Are the stat corrupts much necessary?

2: How comfortable does this feel in degen? I know it has an instant flask as the oh shit button, but ultimatums and some rares have told me that physical degen is my bane. Corrupting blood/bleeding immunity will be possible with some masteries and jewel corrupts, but degen auras are still nightmareish.

3: How does it feel to play in: Blight, Breach, Ultimatum, Legion encounters, or Heist and Delving? You mentioned you like doing delves early, so I can assume it's cozy enough for the mines.

4: Boss rushing with Splitting Steel, eh feeling or damage is comfortable enough for the youtube cringe thumbnail 600000d an hour?
"
Cappabitch написал:
Скрытый текст
Very interesting build to peep in on this lovely Sunday. I'm also a player developing wrist pain after playing PoE, so a simpler skill set-ups/autoflasks is always a nice thing. Currently reading through the PoB notes to get an idea of how upgrading goes. I was originally wanting to try a Splitting Steel Trickster with The Ephemeral Edge, but that kinda feels like a bait build. I'm tired of 'IMMORTAL OMG FACETANK UBERS' Trickster builds that still feel incredibly volatile, even with low-to-medium investment. Wings/Replica Wings is also one of my favorite uniques, so I took a peek at Poe Ninja, found your Champion, googled the setup, and here I am. I am still comparing this vs. the trickster build as the second character to roll this league now that I've got a handful of div and 240c kicking around the stash—rather, 260c, thank you for the trade, BLUEBALLENJOYER— but I've gotta say, this has definitely caught my attention.

Few quick questions that I haven't peeped in my note reading -yet-:

1: Are the stat corrupts much necessary?

2: How comfortable does this feel in degen? I know it has an instant flask as the oh shit button, but ultimatums and some rares have told me that physical degen is my bane. Corrupting blood/bleeding immunity will be possible with some masteries and jewel corrupts, but degen auras are still nightmareish.

3: How does it feel to play in: Blight, Breach, Ultimatum, Legion encounters, or Heist and Delving? You mentioned you like doing delves early, so I can assume it's cozy enough for the mines.

4: Boss rushing with Splitting Steel, eh feeling or damage is comfortable enough for the youtube cringe thumbnail 600000d an hour?

Hi, thanks!

1) To get started you can use uncorrupted gear, but have you checked the prices?

- Corrupted 90% res multi helmet: ~20c
- +1 curse ammy: ~1d
- Vulnerability gloves: ~50c
- Spell Supp boots: ~1d
- %int belt: ~30c

2) We don't have a huge Life pool, so nasty degens like those dark circles that Cortex drops will kill you quick! But we can get Chaos Res capped, bleed/CB immune, have an Instant Recovery Life Flask, Enduring Cry Regen, and 10% Instant Leech, so as long as you can hit something, and you're not standing in it forever, degens are not an insurmountable problem to deal with, just don't stand in shit ;)

3) Blight is annoying cuz you gotta be pretty much melee range to take out some of the big/thick baddies, but if you can freeze/stun them with empower, DPS should be fine. Breach is np, but Splitting Doesn't have whole screen clear. Ultimatum, I don't do/like much, but it's mostly about staying alive, so if I were to tweak the build for it, I am sure it could run them, but you'd need someone that knows the mechanic better than I do. Legion, again kinda same issue as Breach: Splitting doesn't have whole screen clear. Heist is fine, very zoomy! Yes, Delving is very fun! Deepest I usually go in a league is ~400, but from there I'm sure you can tweak to keep going.

4) I don't see why you couldn't boss rush with this. It's definitely fast enough to get to the bosses, and probably go with a Single Target DPS setup focus, like what you can see in the 3.22 Sanctum PoB Export. Though, I haven't seen the cringe thumbnail ur talkin bout lol!

GL
Последняя редакция: corosou. Время: 7 апр. 2024 г., 12:20:57
"
corosou написал:

Hi, thanks!

1) To get started you can use uncorrupted gear, but have you checked the prices?

- Corrupted 90% res multi helmet: ~20c
- +1 curse ammy: ~1d
- Vulnerability gloves: ~50c
- Spell Supp boots: ~1d
- %int belt: ~30c

2) We don't have a huge Life pool, so nasty degens like those dark circles that Cortex drops will kill you quick! But we can get Chaos Res capped, bleed/CB immune, have an Instant Recovery Life Flask, Enduring Cry Regen, and 10% Instant Leech, so as long as you can hit something, and you're not standing in it forever, degens are not an insurmountable problem to deal with, just don't stand in shit ;)

3) Blight is annoying cuz you gotta be pretty much melee range to take out some of the big/thick baddies, but if you can freeze/stun them with empower, DPS should be fine. Breach is np, but Splitting Doesn't have whole screen clear. Ultimatum, I don't do/like much, but it's mostly about staying alive, so if I were to tweak the build for it, I am sure it could run them, but you'd need someone that knows the mechanic better than I do. Legion, again kinda same issue as Breach: Splitting doesn't have whole screen clear. Heist is fine, very zoomy! Yes, Delving is very fun! Deepest I usually go in a league is ~400, but from there I'm sure you can tweak to keep going.

4) I don't see why you couldn't boss rush with this. It's definitely fast enough to get to the bosses, and probably go with a Single Target DPS setup focus, like what you can see in the 3.22 Sanctum PoB Export. Though, I haven't seen the cringe thumbnail ur talkin bout lol!

GL

1) Good point. I have the funds to dive in to what I need, but I will temper my expectations and get the rizz goin' slowly, like not diving headfirst into crit and keep to a cozy precise technique setup.

2) Thank you for the detailed answer! I have less reservations on that now. But c'mon homie, ya can't tell a monkey not to stand in degen and expect him to tap-dance away.

3) Yeah, I love Blight, but the way PoE seems to perform worse with every league and some juicy mobs are absolutely immortal without the right tower build/annoints, it can be a colossal pain. I will keep the AoE limits in mind, I was remembering Splitting Steel as having a much larger AoE than it does. Legion can prove frustrating in that regard, maybe best avoided. No big loss, given how many splinters drop from the Allflame Embers. Heist and delving, that is good to know! Delving is my favorite secondary content and I kick myself for not buying the delve bear, man, but the parrot was the most important purchase in history.

4) I like bossing in general as a mid-league currency strat for maps and the like, so this pleases me. Cringe thumbnail was a LIITTLE bit of hyperbole X3

I really think I'll give this a shot. Thank you again for the responses and absolute props for a well-written how-to and being active in your thread. It is greatly appreciated for brainless bozos like myself who need their hands held when they go shopping. To this day I make absolutely moronic atlas or passive tree calls as I go, deviating from a guide or standards. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't, but you have enough information in your notes to keep my ass in my safety space.
"
corosou написал:
"
Slayer_Tip написал:
Скрытый текст
corosou! Firstly, thank you for an incredible build guide!

I'm far from new to this game, but I still like to follow build guides coz I mean, there are so many things I don't know about this game despite having over 18k hours :'( so having a strict guide is great.

I am curious as to when to change to crit (as seen in your recent Hydra kill PoB thingy). Is it a full conversion once you have the right gear/awakened? or is there a possibility of progression?

My first assumption is that its a full conversion once all of the gear is sorted so its a smooth transition, but I started the league following the levelling PoB (my character is very under-equipped thanks to my laziness, I can certainly fix it within days but it's been a busy week for me.

You're awesome, reply when you can. Take care of yourself, and again, thank you for the incredible build guide!

Thx for the kind words :)

I know what you mean, I learn something new everyday in this game!

U can change to crit right after getting a Replica Wings as it has a sizeable Crit bonus and lets you grab DW crit nodes in Skill Tree, but a good point is when you can get the large/medium cluster setup. Good thing about these is you can craft yourself, so they aren't hard/expensive to get. The small rare clusters I am for the first time using this league, previously I used Megalomaniacs with the Reservation mods.

Thx again, you take it easy too, and YW!

GL

could you elaborate on crafting clusters? They're kinda pricy and if I can get them cheaper by crafting it would be cool
"
Seliot написал:
could you elaborate on crafting clusters? They're kinda pricy and if I can get them cheaper by crafting it would be cool

You buy:

1 x Large Cluster with "adds 8 passive skills" + "12% inc dmg with 2H weapons"

2 x Medium Clusters with "adds 4 passive skills" + "10% inc proj dmg"

All preferably between ILVLs 50-67 (a bit pricier, but they eliminate a lot of possible rolls when higher ILVL). If you go higher ILVL you can still craft them, but you'll spend more currency doing so.

Small clusters you can buy for a few chaos, so not worth crafting.

To craft:

Trans > Alt till one or two of the good mods > Aug for a second good mod, if only got one > If failed to get second good mod, Alt + Aug over and over till you have 2 good mods > Regal and pray for third good mod > Scour and start over if failed.

I'm sure you can also use Grave Crafting for these too, but you'll need to look into youtube videos to figure that out.

GL
Последняя редакция: corosou. Время: 7 апр. 2024 г., 14:56:42
"
corosou написал:
3.24 Video Update: T16 Hydra (Baseline for Comparison)

Hi Fellas,

Just a quick one so you can judge your own setups against:

YouTube: 3.24 T16 Hydra (Enfeebled, Boss Possessed, Maven Witnessed)

This is the PoB Export for this kill: https://pobb.in/1GgD_tnlywXT

The config page shows everything that can be active, not everything that was. Though most everything has a pretty good uptime, except for Adrenaline.

As you can see, the build is doing fine and I haven't even gotten a Nimis yet, so TONS of room to grow!

And the starting Atlas I had for this kill:

GL

EDIT: Forgot to mention, as you can see in the Skill Tree, I dropped all Spell Suppression nodes, and I really can't tell the diff without them, but that's once I was able to fit in both Determination and Grace, so that's probably why. I'm sure T17s may encourage me to grab some again ;)

why do you spec into scarab drop rate if unwavering vision disabled drops
I'm not sure if I'm missing something, because Whispers of Doom isn't allocated by your, or my, amulet. Neither is it in the guide.

We can only apply one curse at a time, so why do we run Leap with Punishment and Hextouch to apply it, and then Sniper's Mark with Mark on Hit.

It seems that Sniper's Mark would override the Punishment every single cast of Splitting Steel.

Is it just an oversight? I know that PoB says that it adds damage, but everywhere I checked confirmed that a mark and a hex are both curses and only one can be applied by default.
"
LordAzuRa написал:
I'm not sure if I'm missing something, because Whispers of Doom isn't allocated by your, or my, amulet. Neither is it in the guide.

We can only apply one curse at a time, so why do we run Leap with Punishment and Hextouch to apply it, and then Sniper's Mark with Mark on Hit.

It seems that Sniper's Mark would override the Punishment every single cast of Splitting Steel.

Is it just an oversight? I know that PoB says that it adds damage, but everywhere I checked confirmed that a mark and a hex are both curses and only one can be applied by default.

im thinking remove hextouch & punishment to make room > enduring cry + call to arms. hope he will respond what to do for the crit build/ end game. also his atlas is scuffed
Последняя редакция: Myst3ryMan99. Время: 7 апр. 2024 г., 19:57:07
"
Myst3ryMan99 написал:

why do you spec into scarab drop rate if unwavering vision disabled drops

Basically, cuz I'm an idiot and didn't notice lol, and I had been getting Scarab Drops here and there, but probably not as many as I should :)
"
LordAzuRa написал:

I think you missed the +1 Curse corrupted amulet:

GL

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация