[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
armag21 написал:
quite new to POE and probably this was not the best build to start with, anyhow I managed to get to level 11 maps with current setup,
but really feels squishy, specially in in big group of monsters, with some ignite, looking for any advises for the build, here is pob: https://pobb.in/pUhErBxXDrlO

have now budget of 2 div to upgrade

BR

Welcome to PoE :)

1. Replace Shaper of Winter with Shaper of Storms

2. Spend your first divine purchasing a Devouring Diadem, then slot in your aura gems into the Helmet. Replace defiance banner with tempest shield.

3. After getting Eldritch Battery from Devouring Diadem in 2, unspec the 3SP leading to Eldritch Battery. Add 1SP into 15% life mastery. Add 1SP into your elemental resistances cannot be reduced from curses (Tolerance wheel with chaos resistances). Add the last SP into Entropy.

4. Unspec the Instinct wheel. Allocate two basic sockets (below Mind over Matter and Pain Attunement). Purchase two 7% Max Life jewels with at least 7% Cold DoT multiplier. Combined cost should be less than 10c (https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Affliction/zJeBqRKc4)

4. Buy lvl 21 Vortex and Creeping Frost, lvl 20 Grace gem (without quality, corrupted is fine, all three should cost less than 25c total)

5. Bonechill is the most important support gem for Vaal Cold Snap. If you are forced into a 3B 1G situation, replace efficacy with Bonechill.

5. Replace amulet, ring and shield with T1 life roll (80+. 70+, 100+)

6. Purchase divine life flask with full/semi-instant life to get you out of sticky situations. Reroll Jade and Quartz flask suffixes for evasion and reduced curse effect.

The above is for 2 divines budget. If you have remaining budget, replace your gloves with Tier 1 life roll. At this stage, the Cold DoT multiplier implicit is a good to have.

From the changes above, you will have a much higher life base. You will also have good life recovery from Devouring Diadem. Your damage will also be higher (higher DPS >> less window for monsters to kill you).

Let us know how it goes. Cheers~
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
-- done, still dont understand why we need lightning here :)

2. Spend your first divine purchasing a Devouring Diadem, then slot in your aura gems into the Helmet. Replace defiance banner with tempest shield.
-- done

3. After getting Eldritch Battery from Devouring Diadem in 2, unspec the 3SP leading to Eldritch Battery. Add 1SP into 15% life mastery. Add 1SP into your elemental resistances cannot be reduced from curses (Tolerance wheel with chaos resistances). Add the last SP into Entropy.
-- done

4. Buy lvl 21 Vortex and Creeping Frost, lvl 20 Grace gem (without quality, corrupted is fine, all three should cost less than 25c total)
-- done

5. Bonechill is the most important support gem for Vaal Cold Snap. If you are forced into a 3B 1G situation, replace efficacy with Bonechill.
-- done

other items will start progressing and see how it goes
just in case you are wondering how it's going, much better now, tier 13 maps undergoing, fixes done, 2 levels gained:
https://pobb.in/dPtG116YDXi9
HI. Really enjoying the build, but hugely struggling with surviveablility - to the point my skill tree has gone off-piste just to get more life. I'm at the mid tier point and have a small amount of divine's to spend, but it honestly feels like I'm missing something when it comes to living. My character just *explodes* sometimes. I'm not sure whether it's the league mechanic pushing things past my current level, but when I look at your PoB links they don't appear wildly more defensive than I currently am.

Was even contemplating taking glancing blows just to try and soften some of these hits that are nuking me from orbit every so often.

Anything obvious I am missing here?

https://pobb.in/oZL0YBvvj-Vg
Последняя редакция: voidhawk66. Время: 15 янв. 2024 г., 15:50:40
"
armag21 написал:
-- done, still dont understand why we need lightning here :)

-- done

-- done

-- done

-- done

other items will start progressing and see how it goes

1. It grants you the ability to shock and increases the amount of shock >> shock causes enemies to take more damage from you

"
armag21 написал:
just in case you are wondering how it's going, much better now, tier 13 maps undergoing, fixes done, 2 levels gained:
https://pobb.in/dPtG116YDXi9

Glad it is going well :)
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
"
voidhawk66 написал:
HI. Really enjoying the build, but hugely struggling with surviveablility - to the point my skill tree has gone off-piste just to get more life. I'm at the mid tier point and have a small amount of divine's to spend, but it honestly feels like I'm missing something when it comes to living. My character just *explodes* sometimes. I'm not sure whether it's the league mechanic pushing things past my current level, but when I look at your PoB links they don't appear wildly more defensive than I currently am.

Was even contemplating taking glancing blows just to try and soften some of these hits that are nuking me from orbit every so often.

Anything obvious I am missing here?

https://pobb.in/oZL0YBvvj-Vg

What content are you doing that is killing you?

Looking at the POB, I am assuming that Grace, Deter, Tempest, Male, Defiance are being used and Hatred isn't activated?

Flasks are missing increased evasion and reduced curse effect suffixes. An instant/semi-instant life flask will help you recover life faster in the more challenging content.

Do you always have all of your flasks up at all times? Because you are not ele resist capped without it.

If you are dying to DoT, Lethe Shade will help alleviate that.

Cheers~
Not sure why its showing uncapped resists - apart from chaos at 69%, the rest are all at 75% without flasks running.

Generally its three things killing me:

1) A big pack of mobs (often those bloody awful flayed shooter things) that all shoot at once and nuke you from a distance
2) powered up essence mobs
3) big end bosses - e.g. the Minotaur was practically one shotting me.

I'm running Determination + Grace + Defiance Banner + Tempest shield (hatred on divine blessing cast), with 75% evade chance and 74% physical reduction from armor.

It's just wierd because on paper I have more defense than the mid-end game tier PoB link in the Op, but it feels very fragile still. Am paranoid I've missed something obvious... ;-)

https://pobb.in/rj_mWyFW5scL should be right this time
Последняя редакция: voidhawk66. Время: 16 янв. 2024 г., 16:22:47
"
voidhawk66 написал:
Not sure why its showing uncapped resists - apart from chaos at 69%, the rest are all at 75% without flasks running.

Generally its three things killing me:

1) A big pack of mobs (often those bloody awful flayed shooter things) that all shoot at once and nuke you from a distance
2) powered up essence mobs
3) big end bosses - e.g. the Minotaur was practically one shotting me.

I'm running Determination + Grace + Defiance Banner + Tempest shield (hatred on divine blessing cast), with 75% evade chance and 74% physical reduction from armor.

It's just wierd because on paper I have more defense than the mid-end game tier PoB link in the Op, but it feels very fragile still. Am paranoid I've missed something obvious... ;-)

https://pobb.in/rj_mWyFW5scL should be right this time

Still not it, but anyway I have imported your character from your profile into POB: https://pobb.in/M3vNxBY4AXNR

Nothing big is missing, except flasks are missing increased evasion, reduced curse effect and semi-instant/instant effect on life flask. Shield charge is absent so I'm not sure how you are navigating around the map. If you are walking up to packs of buffed ranged monsters, that can be a cause of death because the window of opportunity for them to hit you is much longer than if you shield charged into their face.

Probably a playstyle issue or map mods. If you watch the videos, especially the 80% deli one, the EHP of the character displayed is even lower than yours - 52k / 60k and doing fine... until he tries to tank a deli boss' telegraphed attacks.
Hello! I love cold dot builds and i'm having a blast with this one so first of all, thank you for the great guide!

I'm very satisfied with where my build is currently at but i'd like to ask for any suggestions/changes to further improve it (standard btw ).

This is my pob: https://pobb.in/aNiA6xcDWcSv

Thanks!
Последняя редакция: billtherocker. Время: 23 янв. 2024 г., 4:39:55
"
billtherocker написал:
Hello! I love cold dot builds and i'm having a blast with this one so first of all, thank you for the great guide!

I'm very satisfied with where my build is currently at but i'd like to ask for any suggestions/changes to further improve it (standard btw ).

This is my pob: https://pobb.in/aNiA6xcDWcSv

Thanks!

Glad you're having a blast :)

Gems: Gems are quite important for spell based builds
1. Malevolence is missing! That's ~30% more DoT DPS!
2. lvl 21 Creeping Frost (important, 14% more DoT DPS)
3. lvl 21/20 Vaal Cold Snap (cheap because there is A Chilling Wind Div card)
4. Awakened Swift Affliction on chest, Awakened Controlled Des on gloves
5. Empower lvl 4
6. lvl 21 Grace, Determination, Frostbite
7. 20% quality on Defiance Banner, Flame Dash, Shield Charge

Skill tree:
1. If you can get more DEX on gear, you can turn Agility into an onslaught tattoo
2. Since you are barely resistance-capped without flasks, Ele Resistances on Protection Mastery will be helpful
3. Need reservation efficiency on Sovereignty wheel to run Malevolence
4. If you want to run Defiance Banner on top of Malevolence, either get 2% reservation efficiency from tattoos or the rare jewel

Helmet: Frostbite / Ele Weakness curse effect helmet enchant will be beneficial if you can get your hands on one

1H Weapon: Use PoE trade to search for an upgrade (https://youtu.be/U_ugXJ5VGAA)

Shield: A high spell damage roll probably beats +1 Cold, use PoE trade to search for an upgrade (https://youtu.be/U_ugXJ5VGAA)

Elder ring: Use blessing orb to max the implicit roll

Boots: % life corrupted implicit, find high increased effect of scorch roll

Gloves: Resistances rolls could be higher, CDoT implicit roll could be higher (but I would reroll on a more valuable glove instead of this)

Amulet: Could have better rolls but you should prioritize other gear first

Life Flask: Divine life flask is a better base for instant effect as it has higher life recovery

Utility Flasks: Get increased evasion effect and reduced curse effect suffixes. Suggest to drop poison and elemental resistances (unless you are regularly dying to poison?? that has not been an issue for me)

Rare Jewel: As mentioned earlier, you need 2% reservation efficiency from tattoos or the rare jewel to run Defiance Banner on top of Malevolence. Hopefully you get more resistances on gear so that you can have % max life and % cold dot multiplier on the rare jewel.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers~
Последняя редакция: LkGGz. Время: 26 янв. 2024 г., 6:15:07

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация