Race Season Two Announced!

not sure how many people you guys have playing in the US Eastern zone, but your schedule is completely awful. Season 1 was bad, this is just as bad.

3:00 AM

6:00 AM

8:00 AM

10:00 AM

1:00 PM

5:00 PM

11:00 PM

If you have a 9-5, like me, you cant do 3am, 6am, 8am, 10am, 1pm, 5pm and 11pm is really late.

why are there so many races in the middle of the night, every 2-3 hours, but once you get to 5pm there is a 6 hour break?

i wont play this season since the schedule is so bad I could never compete, but maybe have a season where there are equal opportunities for all. like a race every 3 hours not big gaps to shut out certain time zones
Последняя редакция: zuj. Время: 17 апр. 2013 г., 13:36:25
Horrible. Guess GGG just doesn't want to listen to the real feedback.

Players:
"We want less races that are more flexible (can start in a timespan of 4hrs for a 1hr race). We don't care some individuals can cheat using multiple accounts, the majority will be able to participate".

GGG:
"We heard you! We present you with more races! Horrible starting times that are set in stone! Have fun you no lifers!!"

Players:
"Be gone with the lame unique items and give us back individual goody bags with currency after each race".

GGG:
"We heard you! We present you new unique items, even better! *cough*".

Yeah, oh well.
In my opinion long-term-races like 1 week or 1 month are excellent opportunities for players having a full-time job. Time-zones are not important at all, login whenever you want and have time.

In Season 1 reward-system for those players (1-week-race) were not perfect, you needed to become level 60, which requires a lot of time (and risk) for players like me.

Therefore proposal (staying alive):
RPs for completing Normal (eg 1 point)
RPs for completing acts in further difficulties eg in cruel (eg 1 point per act until end-game, then experience) which gives incentive for boss-kills also for medium-skilled players rather than never-ending farming to reach a certain level.
Have more one-week races

Thanks for the good work done so far.

Really hoped the random prizes at the end of the races would be the closed beta random currency awards, not yet more uniques. Oh well, such is life and fingers crossed for next season.
GJ !! Looking forward to it
"
Qarl написал:
"
vinsimbulan написал:
I noticed that there are no reward thresholds posted yet for each of the races. I hope you they are scaled better this season depending on the difficulty of the race.

In any case, I'm really excited for Season 2! Keep up the good work!

Scaling rewards based on each race takes time! I'm hoping to have prizes set for the first two weeks of races tomorrow, at which time I'll make forums posts outlining the points for each race.

As a thought and I'm sure you've thought of this already, but I'll say it anyway just to be redundant, :)

tl;dr summary:
Create the scale for all the vanilla events, then create a generic modifier based on the additional race type to scale the level requirements.

For example:
Turbo could be a 0.85 modifier

Then multiply the vanilla levels by all the modifiers and then round up

So in a normal one hour race, to get 1 point you have to be level 8, 3 points is 11, 4 points is 13 etc.

Multiply each of the levels by that value so in this case the race levels would be:
8*.85 = 6.8 or 7
11*.85 = 9.35 or 10
13*.85 = 11.05 or 12
15*.85 = 12.75 or 13

for multiple modifier races such a Blood Magic Lethal Ancestral Multiprojectile Turbo race, you could simply take the base levels and multiply them each to the vanilla levels, Assuming each of the five modifiers were scaled to .85 (which probably wouldn't be the case, but for simplicities sake we will use that), it'd be .85^5 = .44 so for that race:
8*.44 = 3.52 or 4
11*.44 = 4.84 or 5
13*.44 = 5.72 or 6
15*.44 = 6.6 or 7

Obviously this is just an example and not an effort to say that's what they should be scaled to. But a system similar to that could really help determine points based on the race quickly and easily.

Thanks!
Mark

Serious lack of BLAMT up in here.
Races that are primarily based on story progression would be easy to gauge.

As soon as players complete the necessary objectives to progress the story line, the ladder would reset placing those who have progressed the story line ahead of those who haven't.
Different players who have progressed through the story to the same point would then be placed according to total experience gained.

The greatest part about progression based races is that they would no longer be about farming an ideal area to finish the race. Example: during season 1, 3 hour races were about who could get to Act 3 Docks the fastest in order to farm that area for a longer period of time.

During a 3 hour progression race, players wouldn't finish the race in Docks. Players would have to try to get as far into Cruel difficulty as they could to win the race.

At the very least GGG can try one 3 hour progression race in the latter half of season 2 to see how it goes:)

I'm looking forward to trying harder during season 2 than I did during season 1.

I really want to win Kripp's shirt:p
Awesome prizes! I'm definitely going to participate in many more races this season.
I'm looking forward to actively racing in season two.

quick question and probably an obvious answer:

how do you get the quest rewards? do they go to default? hardcore? stash? please help me understand this. thanks

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация