Souleater removed, when?

What o would change us that soul eater eats your stats until you kill it.

So like it takes
50% life
30% action speed
30 % mana and life reservation efficacy
30% life mana and es regen
30% Armour evasion and energy shield
30% ailment and stun immunities.
30% ailment infliction chance.
Removes 30% of your attributes and omniscience. Gains the benefits of these stats.

This way it doesn't scake infinitely. Is clearly dangerous. Turns off your auras. Messes with your character balance, and can be extremely tanky. Also they can make it do it to minions. And as a plus it targets stacking builds more than normal builds. Could be really funny in parties.
Последняя редакция: Jradlot21. Время: 15 дек. 2023 г., 8:10:35
"
Emphasy написал:
"
Jradlot21 написал:
Never, it adds challenge to the game. You shouldn't be able to easily kill every monster in the game. Don't like fighting soul eater? Then don't, run away....

It doesn't really add challange. In most cases you can't prevent it from getting souls and if it does the enemy just runs at you at an insane speed and oneshots you.

If you are a groundslam guy, you see a souleater enemy, realize he already got plenty of souls before you even realize he is there, you go back to town to switch to single target, to not give him even more souls, then you go back and then you realize that there is a mob casting raging spirits near him that gives him infinite stacks anyways.

Souleater, but also stuff like Lightning Storm is just terribly punishing for melee builds or more general self casters. If I play a summoner I don't give a shit. A wall of zombies reliably keeps the Souleater mob engaged and most of them are still terrible at killing minions, even though you usually infnitely buff them with raging spirits.

It is always a bad design if you encounter mobs were your only chance is to run away... and for Souleater that is exspecially bad, because it requires only a few souls for them to be so fast that you cannot run away from them.

It is so good for headhunter. I don't know what to tell you.... get better?
Or don't fight it simple as that. Stop whining.
"
Jradlot21 написал:

Such are high hill baffling take holy shit...
I eat cats for breakfast.
"
InvictaVultis написал:
"
Jradlot21 написал:

Such are high hill baffling take holy shit...

How so?

There is no need to stay and fight the thing for 20 minutes. If you can't kill it move on or get better.
"
Jradlot21 написал:
Never, it adds challenge to the game. You shouldn't be able to easily kill every monster in the game. Don't like fighting soul eater? Then don't, run away....

Because a monster with effectively zero counter play in the modern game is "challenge"? Soul eater is awesome: you log out or you one shot it instantly

because logging out of a Delve is good gameplay?

Because a game with effectively NO SINGLE TARGET SKILLS AT ALL where literally every viable spell and projectile and even Strike skills hit everything in front of you without any focused targeting needs a mod buried in visual clutter that reads:

"go ahead and log out, that's your counter play unless you instantly one shot all rares"

I'm a slow player I can't fathom how slow you have to play to think Soul eater has REAL counter play, or is challenging... Keep in mind I was always the guy who could do Vorici missions without complaining because I always had a single target gem swap back in the day.

Now though? Its just a brick. leave your map or one shot all rares.

I've about 15 or 20 Delves runs bricked that had to be logged out of due to unkillable soul eaters lost in GGG's own designed in visual noise. What kind of illusions are you playing under, I'm not even a clear speed guy?

I love fighting monsters using the interface to log the hell out. So good.

They are fully ramped within moments of being at the edge of your screen WITH MELEE SKILLS. Assuming you're not playing at POE 1.0 speeds.

What are you doing running about with Vigilant strike 6L with no extra strikes mastery or something? LOL. How many maps a night do you run where you carefully edge forward and mouse over THOUSANDS OF RARES A NIGHT? I have to know. Because as a slow careful player who loves challenge and didn't even bitch about Vorici "kill only the one guy" mission I don't see the practical outplay of Soul eater in the modern game balanced as it is with the assumption that you'll kill MILLIONS of monsters to get anywhere.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Последняя редакция: alhazred70. Время: 23 апр. 2024 г., 20:02:16
"It is so good for headhunter."

AHHHHHHH never mind it all makes sense now. Ulterior motives.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
Johny_Snow написал:
The reason soul eater exists is more prosaic - the point is for the Headhunter crowd to be happy.

That is a fools errand, the Headhunter crowd will never be happy. I hope one day ARPG game companies figure that out and stop catering to them.
Why not instead of removing souleater, just add a soul purge timer to the monster with slow ability to spawn non-exp monsters. Just an idea.
As always thank you for your time. Be well Exiles.
"
alhazred70 написал:
"
Jradlot21 написал:

Because a monster with effectively zero counter play in the modern game is "challenge"? Soul eater is awesome: you log out or you one shot it instantly

because logging out of a Delve is good gameplay?

Because a game with effectively NO SINGLE TARGET SKILLS AT ALL where literally every viable spell and projectile and even Strike skills hit everything in front of you without any focused targeting needs a mod buried in visual clutter that reads:

"go ahead and log out, that's your counter play unless you instantly one shot all rares"

I'm a slow player I can't fathom how slow you have to play to think Soul eater has REAL counter play, or is challenging... Keep in mind I was always the guy who could do Vorici missions without complaining because I always had a single target gem swap back in the day.

Now though? Its just a brick. leave your map or one shot all rares.

I've about 15 or 20 Delves runs bricked that had to be logged out of due to unkillable soul eaters lost in GGG's own designed in visual noise. What kind of illusions are you playing under, I'm not even a clear speed guy?

I love fighting monsters using the interface to log the hell out. So good.

They are fully ramped within moments of being at the edge of your screen WITH MELEE SKILLS. Assuming you're not playing at POE 1.0 speeds.

What are you doing running about with Vigilant strike 6L with no extra strikes mastery or something? LOL. How many maps a night do you run where you carefully edge forward and mouse over THOUSANDS OF RARES A NIGHT? I have to know. Because as a slow careful player who loves challenge and didn't even bitch about Vorici "kill only the one guy" mission I don't see the practical outplay of Soul eater in the modern game balanced as it is with the assumption that you'll kill MILLIONS of monsters to get anywhere.

Man, prime example of what I always see in this game. Its clear you have no game knowledge whatsoever, im not trying to be rude. I kill soul eaters all the time and so do many other people, in the gauntlet, in HC, in SSF, and my builds almost never have " SC trade damage ". Once and a while a soul eater is too juiced so i simply dont fight it... not need to log out.... most of my builds are lucky to hit 5-10 million dps. Why, because i have defenses. I dont trade much, and i play a lot of HC so i typically dont hit the outrageous DPS that trade players achieve. I go with enough damage and good defenses.

Maybe change your builds a bit so they are not pieces of paper that fall over the second anything touches them. You are not Jung you cant dodge everything in the game so fix your build!! Go learn how to play Path of Exile a bit better before you come to the forums crying for your own good ok? Add some defense to your builds and next time you meet a soul eater i assure you, you will probably survive.

PS - Logging out is your own choice buddy, I almost never do it. Its up to you to logout and run, or stay and fight. Again, attain more game knowledge and fix your build and gear :) that shit wont happen to you all the time no need to log out.
Последняя редакция: Jradlot21. Время: 24 апр. 2024 г., 18:41:40

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация