Bosses spawning as rare mobs are really interesting but makes me want to quit the game

title.

i m strong enough to alc and run t16s, avoiding certain mobs. deleting everything and actually having fun.

i was certainly having a ton of fun. especially with the fact i was zooming around blasting everything.

i had even learned to enjoy back to basics to get rid of divine shrines/the unkillable shrines.

so much fun till i suddenly died. i was confused. why? i normally can handle the map mods.

took a 2nd look. brutus was the rare mob that killed me.

it was a super rare occurance. the first time i saw it in hours but it ripped all my enjoyment.

i actually uninstalled the game. but decided to reinstall again. to see if i d continues again later when i ve calmed down.

all i can say is this is what josh describes as a quite moment. i already have deep hatred towards AN which ironically is not an issue with my current build. in fact i m running maps with a lot of increased mod effectiveness and i CAN clear them with ease. theyre dangerous AF but as long as i kill them first its not a problem.

i even freeze/stun map bosses with ease.

but then i get an unexpected brutus rare mob that just wrecked me out of nowhere.

i dont feel happy. i dont feel challenged. just tired.

i learned to adapt learning what map mods to avoid. i spend chaos rerolling maps. i tailored my atlas tree to get rid of all extra content. and yet i get this unexpected content.

this definitely is a memorable event. i m not joking when i said i uninstalled the game. i understand myself enough that i might reconsider trying again when i m more calmed down but i really dont know if i would.

the fact this happened already means it could happen again.

i m really sick and tired of dying to something unexpected in the game. it feels soo so so so cheap.

sigh. i ll calm down and perhaps play again later or not.
[Removed by Support]
Last bumped24 апр. 2024 г., 10:11:10
Okay, but what caused Brutus to spawn? Far as I understand, you either need a scarab that converts a monster pack into a map boss, or have Maven witness a map boss while you have the Destructive Play keystone.

I believe you can also get bosses to spawn as normal mobs in Valdo's special maps.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Последняя редакция: Pizzarugi. Время: 22 апр. 2024 г., 14:47:23
"
Pizzarugi написал:
Okay, but what caused Brutus to spawn? Far as I understand, you either need a scarab that converts a monster pack into a map boss, or have Maven witness a map boss while you have the Destructive Play keystone.

I believe you can also get bosses to spawn as normal mobs in Valdo's special maps.

tbh i ve been running my maps without scarabs.

i also avoid t17s as my current level of power allows me to delete t16 content but t17 could wreck me.

i've also got back to basics atlas notable passive allocated so i m not sure what could have triggered it.

but when you mentioned it could be a scarab causing it, there IS a chance i might have dumped a scarab by mistake and if so its my bad.

tho i've been running a ton of maps scarabless so i dont think its likely. there is a chance

EDIT: read thru scarabs description

Horned Scarab of Pandemonium
Monster packs in Area have a 15% chance to be replaced by a random Atlas Boss
Modifiers to the Final Map Boss also apply to these Atlas Bosses

not too sure if that the same effect coz the atlas boss was rare and not unique. it had haste and regen mods (not possessed).

[Removed by Support]
Последняя редакция: exsea. Время: 22 апр. 2024 г., 21:36:22
There is a devoted modifier in the lantern that causes packs to spawn an additional map boss. Do you have the modifier that turns the lantern off and/or recall the lantern effects on the map?
This league isn't just about reading the modifiers on the map, but you also need to consult this lantern... and if you've turned it off, impossible to know what it's doing in the background to ruin your day.
"
Jixa87 написал:
There is a devoted modifier in the lantern that causes packs to spawn an additional map boss. Do you have the modifier that turns the lantern off and/or recall the lantern effects on the map?
This league isn't just about reading the modifiers on the map, but you also need to consult this lantern... and if you've turned it off, impossible to know what it's doing in the background to ruin your day.

OP has 0 challenges and is in "t16 maps". They are playing standard they dont have devoted modifiers even available to them.

Has to be something external they are including
Bump your post as many times as you want. Its not like the Devs are changing anything your way anyways.

Generic I'm quitting/uninstalling post. Comes back to the game and none of the things they whined about changed their way. Only to whine about even more things.
"
Chickenwink написал:
"
Jixa87 написал:

OP has 0 challenges and is in "t16 maps". They are playing standard they dont have devoted modifiers even available to them.

correct. my best guess is i could have accidentally dropped a scarab in. but i was running tons of maps without scarabs.

tho i would say there is a possibility that i COULD have dropped a scarab in by accident. i cant discount that and if that was the case, thats all on me.

for other readers clarification i am playing on standard.
[Removed by Support]
"
Chickenwink написал:

Tldr: op saw some random streamer yapping about something during their stream and now they feel all entitled about it and open up a big drama topic for nothing.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
There is that node in the northern section near the maven stuff that spawns additional and rewarding enemies. Invasive Adversaries. I have no idea if this spawns boss enemies as I haven't tested it myself being SSF.

Otherwise idk..
"
e1337donkey написал:
There is that node in the northern section near the maven stuff that spawns additional and rewarding enemies. Invasive Adversaries. I have no idea if this spawns boss enemies as I haven't tested it myself being SSF.

Otherwise idk..

i didnt allocate that because with back to basics allocated i cant have my maps witnessed or influenced by eater/exarch

to add, the boss appeared as a rare with rare mods, early in the map.

i was running defiled temple and was far away from the boss room entrance.
[Removed by Support]
Последняя редакция: exsea. Время: 22 апр. 2024 г., 23:25:19
"
Pashid написал:
"
Chickenwink написал:

Tldr: op saw some random streamer yapping about something during their stream and now they feel all entitled about it and open up a big drama topic for nothing.

what random streamer? what yapping?

what entitlement? no head no tail. all assumptions zero value.
[Removed by Support]

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация