Everyone seems to say templar start is better then the witch in every way

Well I am playing a build that I believe gives me access to the same advantages as a templar:

Скрытый текст
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABLMRLRRNGmwpTzKJV-J8g46-ksGdrqcIuJPN-t-w5CLsOA==

I am willing to bet 4(!) whetstones that this build will probably be the new op within the next month.
Well with does have a little bit more castspeed and minion nodes.
These are the only advantages besides having spell dmg for EK builds (Templar sucks for EK because of the ele dmg only)

In all other ways Templar is better (especially better defense).

Another reason to take witch is: she isnt that ugly like a no pants templar.

And your tree is pretty bad imho - why do you start with witch if you dont do anything except going from witch tree to templar?
The biggest advantage Witch have over Templar is static blows. Unfortunately most witch build does not use it. IMO all Witch build should beeline toward it.
"
MeanBurrito написал:
I am willing to bet 4(!) whetstones that this build will probably be the new op within the next month.

So the Witch build is better since it goes straight towards the Templar side versus just starting as a Templar and putting up better numbers? Mine gets 36% life, +30 life, 10% elemental resist, 60% mana regen, 7% less mana cost, 6% less cast speed, 31% elemental damage, 40% elemental damage with weapons, and 16% more mana. Link

"
deadlylag написал:
The biggest advantage Witch have over Templar is static blows. Unfortunately most witch build does not use it. IMO all Witch build should beeline toward it.

Considering Inner Force is between them, it really isn't that hard for a Templar to get it.
Последняя редакция: Without_Pause. Время: 25 апр. 2013 г., 19:19:47
Am I the only one who seems to think this was a joke that has just gone over the head of everyone who has responded? :p
Matters what the build is. CI is easier from a witch start. Using spells, i don't see a templar having an advantage, looks more like the witch does. Melee, however, yea, the templar.
We're aware that the build in the OP is facetious, but there's still a real issue here.

The one and only thing that the witch starting area is better at than any other class is mana.

Unfortunately, because of the way mana works in this game, everybody either uses blood magic, mana leech, or eldritch battery. As a result, that one advantage is pretty marginally useful.

On the spell damage side, witch is straight up inferior to shadow, and not really any better than templar (except with EK as mentioned, but shadow is still better for that than witch is).

Templar gives basically the same or better caster stats paired with better life and ES nodes.

I'm basically a witch just to be a witch. I fully recognize my build would be better as a templar - in fact I went all the way to the root of the templar tree anyway.

The only build I can think of that is best as a witch is a summoner, simply because lord of the dead is right there.
If you try to get crit chance / crit multipliers for your spells then witch will be far superior to templar... In the end, the only thing that matters to say which one is "better" than the other is : what kind of character do you want to play ? (build-wise)
To learn is to live...
"
magicrectangle написал:

On the spell damage side, witch is straight up inferior to shadow, and not really any better than templar (except with EK as mentioned, but shadow is still better for that than witch is).

No it isnt because you dont get any mana regen as shadow and less spell dmg. The start as a witch is much better and faster (clarity more early, 40% mana regen...). You mostly take shadows nodes anyway later on with most EK builds...

The only reason to take shadow over witch is in HC mode because you have access to a lot of life much more early as the witch. EK-witch is pretty dangerous at first.
"
azraelb написал:
"
magicrectangle написал:

No it isnt because you dont get any mana regen as shadow and less spell dmg. The start as a witch is much better and faster (clarity more early, 40% mana regen...). You mostly take shadows nodes anyway later on with most EK builds...

The only reason to take shadow over witch is in HC mode because you have access to a lot of life much more early as the witch. EK-witch is pretty dangerous at first.

The +24% damage to projectiles, the +spell damage, and the availability of so much faster casting starting as shadow imo is way stronger for EK than mana regen starting out. Using EK from level 4 on, you are going to want faster casting asap, and the 3 projectile nodes are like the best 3 points you can spend on the tree for EK dps.

If i were starting a EK build, i'd start shadow and go +spell power x 2 -> +faster casting x3 -> mental acuity -> +life -> accleration -> projectile damage, then head over to 10% faster casting cluster between witch and shadow and get the 4 node +life cluster with notable.

Also, the 12% faster attacks from acceleration work nicely if you want to use whirling blades and a casting dagger for mobility early.
Hey...is this thing on?
Последняя редакция: LostForm. Время: 26 апр. 2013 г., 9:53:15

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация