The Ultimate Melee DPS/TANK [FACEBREAKER ONSLAUGHT GUIDE]

"
xNovoxx написал:
Wouldn't this passive allocation be significantly more efficient?
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwCcQSzBS0MfQ6tEH8UTRZvGNsZLhmFGjIaOBv6HRQhYCSqJd8n7SmlMgk26TrYOuE8LUCgQ5xHfk3YT31QUFFgVElVxlhjWK9Z818_YEthIWVNZp5uaXC7cql07XTxeA16uHrvfNmAVoFvgziE2YTviPGMdozPj0aQVZ48nrmiAKQZplenCKeEqW6plavFrKquk7Xytz64k7ndvoq-p8APwBrE9saexq7G2M9l0NDSTdSP4urjaudS52PsOO8O707vfPAf8i_yRfPd9kj22vrS_go=

"
Acrosis написал:
The build you posted is very unoptimised. You can drop the less crit damage taken nodes for a strength node and save a point, and you waste another near Blood Magic in the circle. You can drop it down from the armour nodes and save a point.

Edit: Regarding Haste vs Vitality, Haste gives much more benefit considering Vitality only gives around 1.77% life regen, which is only marginally better than Troll's Blood. However, Haste gives 16% attack speed, worth roughly 4 passives, and movement speed, worth another one passive. Much more bang for your buck.

It isn't optimized but you are mistaken if you think the less crit damage nodes are not worth the investment... considering the biggest threat to dying in hardcore is being 1 shot, which is likely to occur under crits.

I compared his tree vs yours, and his has more armor while yours has more life. A important thing to note is that your has a ton less dex, which is necessary to run auras.
IGN: Azuredrag, SpliTime

Fastest way to get a hold of me is in-game. Second fastest is through PM. I don't check on threads all that often since I prefer to play :)
"
Acrosis написал:
The build you posted is very unoptimised. You can drop the less crit damage taken nodes for a strength node and save a point, and you waste another near Blood Magic in the circle. You can drop it down from the armour nodes and save a point.

Edit: Regarding Haste vs Vitality, Haste gives much more benefit considering Vitality only gives around 1.77% life regen, which is only marginally better than Troll's Blood. However, Haste gives 16% attack speed, worth roughly 4 passives, and movement speed, worth another one passive. Much more bang for your buck.

by a ton less you mean one 30 dex node which is in your vicinity. dex nodes shouldn't be core to your build anyways as they are dependent on gear.

Personally, I'd also drop the 2x 10% shield res nodes as you can acquire rare shields superior to lioneyes remorse with res, but thats once again dependant on gear.
"
xNovoxx написал:
"
Acrosis написал:

by a ton less you mean one 30 dex node which is in your vicinity. dex nodes shouldn't be core to your build anyways as they are dependent on gear.

Personally, I'd also drop the 2x 10% shield res nodes as you can acquire rare shields superior to lioneyes remorse with res, but thats once again dependant on gear.

ah sry. didn't actually look at the tree. just the stats. I have bad gear so I'm lacking in dex and int. With good gear, u can drop quite a few nodes. There are some ridiculous rare shields out there better than lioneyes remorse which relieve a ton of the res problems but they're pricey :/

Fastest way to get a hold of me is in-game. Second fastest is through PM. I don't check on threads all that often since I prefer to play :)
"
"
samord написал:
Weird, i could swear that on the video, he has reduced mana+grace+purity+determination on the gloves then blood magic + hatred +haste on the boots (which doesnt show on his life, but check 9:00 to 9:10 on part 2)

however, it makes way more sense to swap grace and hatred/haste.

But, let's say on boots you have blood magic, enfeeble, decoy totem, enduring cry

On the shield, you would still have to put blood magic + grace. And you cant have haste in the 3rd sockets, since we'd see the low life reserved.

Weird, am i missing something ?

he has grace reserved to life using the covenant, not a blood magic gem if that's what you're asking?

I think I understand ur question better now. He has all his auras on his gloves/boots so that he can shield swap w/o losing auras. That means that 5/8 slots (from gloves and boots) are aura gems, 2 are red slot for reduced mana cost, and 1 is a skill gem from enfeeble, decoy totem, or enduring cry (it will be linked to a blood magic gem which will replace the red slot that the reduced mana cost gem will temporarily b used for when casting auras). Then, a blood magic gem is linked to your other 2 skills to be cast from life. Hope that helps :D

Well, to be fair, I went a completely different direction with my own Facebreaker build because going along the highway with the 2 10% life nodes without taking the leech node (using a leech gem) isn't worth it, so I took the life clusters to Marauder. I admit I do have the less critical extra damage taken nodes, but do note they only reduce the extra damage granted by the crit, making it not as effective as it might seem.
P.s. I know I can respec out of the 6 points above Iron Reflexes into Marauder but I'm waiting on levelling so I can respec some 6%'s away to finish off Marauder. Not in the mood to waste 6 regrets now and then a couple more after I level.

Скрытый текст
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwCcQSzBS0MfQ6tEH8UTRjbGS4ZhRo4G_odFCFgJKol3yftKaUyCTbpOtg64TwtQKBDnEd-Sn1N2E3jVElVxlivWfNbr18_YEthIWVNZp5noG5pcLtyqXTtdPF4DXq4eu982YFvgziE2YTvh3aI8Yx2j0aQVZkrnjyeuaIApBmmV6cIp4SpbqvFrFmsqq6TtfK3PriTud29gb6KvqfAD8AaxPbGnsauz2XQ0NJN1I_dDeLq42rnUudj7DjvDu9O73zwH_Iv8kXz3fba-tL8xf4K_o8=

And the melee physical damage nodes are really awesome for DPS, just saying.
"
xNovoxx написал:
"
Acrosis написал:

Hello xNovoxx.

Like I said in the Part 2 video there might be more efficient paths to take, but - while your tree might seem more efficient in theory it's actually very impractical in practice. Actually you're missing 60 dexterity which basically means you will not be able to run Grace or Haste if you do not find items with +60 dexterity. The path you took does give 24% more Life, but you lose 43% armor and the dex.

But you are very right in that the path you took might be more effective when you approach the higher levels. At level 88 however I still don't have enough points to make that path as effective as the other with my current items. As I approach level 90+ however - I had actually planned to take that route, as you can see I have already dropped the Life leech.

Of course all of this is irrelevant to most of the players trying this build because very few will have the patience to actually reach level 90 without getting bored in the process - which is why I didn't discuss it in the video.
"
Acrosis написал:

Hello Acrosis!

Very unoptimised? Why, thank you!

For a standard player like yourself - it might seem wise to drop the critical damage nodes, but in reality they are indeed very useful if you want to survive in onslaught - where dodging critical strikes from Vaal, Shield Chargers and Rhoas sometimes is impossible.

Regarding the wasted point near Blood Magic I'm afraid you'll have to be more specific. :-)
I agree, most people will unlikely reach that level and therefore its up to them on how to optimize. You can technically make up the loss in armor by simply removing 3 more nodes from the center and applying them to the 3 in the maurader and you'll have essentially the exact same thing, maybe 1 passive point more expensive however 2% more life :P.

Luckily I am able to completely cover dex through my amulet and boots, while maintaining max res prior to using purity. In addition, I cover the armor deficiency via endurance charges. I run 6 endurance charges allowing me to reach 90% damage reduction, while maintaining 17k armor. Having endurance charges also provides you with the opportunity to use Immortal Call, a move that is under-rated. I linked both, enduring cry and immortal call to a blood magic on both, my main shield and saffels. However, I don't run haste as I don't have The Covenent and chose to run grace on mana along with determination, purity and hatred.

Lastly, I don't invest in the shield res nodes since I crafted one of these, allowing me to conserve 3 nodes

So far, the high point of the build has been doing a map featuring two vaal's hasted w/ pack sizes, magics and res.
Последняя редакция: xNovoxx. Время: 20 июля 2013 г., 3:43:52
Assuming the build posted by Samord is actually the one you are using.
"
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwB5wJxBLMFLQx9Dq0QfxQgFE0WbxjbGS4ZhRoyGjgaVRv6HRQhYCSqJd8n7SkuKaUyCTboNuk62D38QKBDnEd-TdhPfVBHUFBRYFRJVcZXDVhjWK9Z818_YEthIWSjZU1mnm5pcLtyqXTtdPF4DXrvfLh82YBWgW-DOITZhO-MdozPj0aQVZ48nrmezaIApBmnCKcwp4SplavFrKq4k7ndvoq-p8APwBrGnsbYz2XQ0NIh0k3Uj9lh2t3jaudS7DjvDu9O73zwH_Iv8932SPba-tI=

This is how you save the point.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwB5wJxBLMFLQx9Dq0QfxQgFE0WbxjbGS4ZhRoyGjgb-h0UIWAkqiXfJ-0pLimlMgk26DbpOtg9_ECgQ5xHfk3YT31QR1BQUWBUSVXGVw1YY1ivWfNfP2BLYSFlTWaebmlwu3KpdO108XgNeu98uHzZgFaBb4M4hNmE74x2jM-PRpBVnjyeuZ7NogCkGacIpzCnhKmVq8WsqriTud2-ir6nwA_AGsaextjPZdDQ0iHSTdSP2WHa3eNq51LsOO8O707vfPAf8i_z3fZI9tr60uLq

I'll just say that the crit damage nodes are personal choice, I do have them myself, but if I had enough spare to take the armour nodes in Marauder, I would spec out of them to 'save' myself a point.

Edit: Now in regards to how I personally view survivability - I prioritise HP over block and some other nodes like the lower armour ones, this is because I want to increase my leech cap.
Последняя редакция: Acrosis. Время: 20 июля 2013 г., 3:46:25
"
Acrosis написал:
Well, to be fair, I went a completely different direction with my own Facebreaker build because going along the highway with the 2 10% life nodes without taking the leech node (using a leech gem) isn't worth it, so I took the life clusters to Marauder. I admit I do have the less critical extra damage taken nodes, but do note they only reduce the extra damage granted by the crit, making it not as effective as it might seem.
P.s. I know I can respec out of the 6 points above Iron Reflexes into Marauder but I'm waiting on levelling so I can respec some 6%'s away to finish off Marauder. Not in the mood to waste 6 regrets now and then a couple more after I level.

Скрытый текст
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwCcQSzBS0MfQ6tEH8UTRjbGS4ZhRo4G_odFCFgJKol3yftKaUyCTbpOtg64TwtQKBDnEd-Sn1N2E3jVElVxlivWfNbr18_YEthIWVNZp5noG5pcLtyqXTtdPF4DXq4eu982YFvgziE2YTvh3aI8Yx2j0aQVZkrnjyeuaIApBmmV6cIp4SpbqvFrFmsqq6TtfK3PriTud29gb6KvqfAD8AaxPbGnsauz2XQ0NJN1I_dDeLq42rnUudj7DjvDu9O73zwH_Iv8kXz3fba-tL8xf4K_o8=

And the melee physical damage nodes are really awesome for DPS, just saying.

Hello again Acrosis!

The build you posted could be effective if you manage to get very good items with resistances indeed. However currently if playing Onslaught - there are no such items for sale and the probability to find those are very slim.

If we compare the paths, you lose:

-43% Armor
-20% All resistances
-7% Block
-12% Spell block - (-16% Spell block if using the Spell block shield)
-20% defence from shield
-0,4% Life regeneration
-20 STR
-20 DEX

While you gain:

+38% more Life
+27% dmg
+15 Life

The survivability between these two is actually not very different, however like I previously said - requires alot better gear. Also you lose 20 dexterity so you will be dependent to find dexterity on your gear. The increased damage (23% if we account for the loss in STR) is not very useful because you will have problems in double reflect maps or maps with slower Life gained - also the clearing speed will probably be just about the same in normal maps. If playing standard however and you could risk going for faster clears - why not? This is actually a totaly viable path and like I explained in the video - you can take different paths depending on your gear etc.

While gaining more levels I will eventually take the path in the middle - gaining even more Life and survivability - however with the current gear availible in onslaught, that's just not possible atm.

Btw. your build could be further optimized if you dropped Thick skin and the dex nodes. Went for the marauder Life and picked up a dex node instead. This would give you +2% Life and 0,4% Life regeneration for the same amount of points.

Playing onslaught or hardcore though, I would never recommend playing Duelist since you are forced to choose the increased damage over survivability nodes. However if playing Standard League and if the unarmored duelist wouldn't have a red dress - I would also go for the Duelist. :-)
Последняя редакция: Exalton. Время: 20 июля 2013 г., 4:14:41

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация