ARPG with Van Helsing

If I could think of any critical feedback it would be to change the Logo for your sequel. I thought the original logo was a little hackey( the crossed flint pistols and hat). This is just my personal taste of course, I prefer cleaner simpler logos.

Also, when I first read about the sequel but saw the original's logo I figured it was just DLC, may be wise to make it a little more obvious that it is a sequel.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
The game seemed... limited. Even though I played a fair share through the game(I remember getting to a steampunk city, destroying some core, or collecting it for some vampire guy.. Well, I kinda gave up on the game at that point. Not because the game was bad, but it is just not my type of game.

I guess it's more a dungeoncrawler for casual gamers, even though the game was quite hard - I remember dieing a few times, not sure if it was because I was gaming drunk, or had a toughy going though - it misses the dept, true character building. It felt like everything was laid out for.

And that didn't only apply to the character building stuff, also to the game itself. Even though you had plenty of side quests.. it just felt linear, you had one way, and it pointed clearly forward. Boring.
For me that is.

Like I said, I believe a casual gamer could enjoy the game way more then I do, but yeah ;P
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"
Appels_Zijn_Gezond написал:
The game seemed... limited. Even though I played a fair share through the game(I remember getting to a steampunk city, destroying some core, or collecting it for some vampire guy.. Well, I kinda gave up on the game at that point. Not because the game was bad, but it is just not my type of game.

I guess it's more a dungeoncrawler for casual gamers, even though the game was quite hard - I remember dieing a few times, not sure if it was because I was gaming drunk, or had a toughy going though - it misses the dept, true character building. It felt like everything was laid out for.

And that didn't only apply to the character building stuff, also to the game itself. Even though you had plenty of side quests.. it just felt linear, you had one way, and it pointed clearly forward. Boring.
For me that is.

Like I said, I believe a casual gamer could enjoy the game way more then I do, but yeah ;P

I'll definitely agree with the points you've made; I enjoyed it in spite of these issues, but I doubt I would ever play through it on the original character again. Every build I tried in the game felt the same, since it was really just spamming the two mouse buttons; the only difference is if you did it up close or from a distance. Even then, it really didn't feel very different at all.

We'll see if I manage to make it through the game again with the new character they recently added; perhaps it is better designed.
Reimur: even though you're wrong, why would you have faith in diamond supporters? you're talking about a group of people that are so autistic that they would spend 1000 dollars on pixels. we're almost the most idiotic group of people in this community. second to hardcore players.
"
thelordrahl написал:

[...]Every build I tried in the game felt the same, since it was really just spamming the two mouse buttons; the only difference is if you did it up close or from a distance. Even then, it really didn't feel very different at all.

We'll see if I manage to make it through the game again with the new character they recently added; perhaps it is better designed.

Yeah, was pretty much the same for me on the first character. Just Cleave and that Heavy hitting single target skill - can't remember the name.
However, I used a lot more skills on the new class, I really enjoyed playing that one. Unfortunately, Katharina didn't tank as much as I would have loved her to. Got screwed a few times before I gave up that idea.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
"
Delirii написал:
"
thelordrahl написал:

[...]Every build I tried in the game felt the same, since it was really just spamming the two mouse buttons; the only difference is if you did it up close or from a distance. Even then, it really didn't feel very different at all.

Yeah, was pretty much the same for me on the first character. Just Cleave and that Heavy hitting single target skill - can't remember the name.
However, I used a lot more skills on the new class, I really enjoyed playing that one. Unfortunately, Katharina didn't tank as much as I would have loved her to. Got screwed a few times before I gave up that idea.

I just played through Heroic Hardcore on a Thaumaturge; it was definitely way better than the Hunter class. It was a lot more fun and had very few OHSHIT moments, especially considering I did an all Willpower build. Here's my Thaumaturge after beating the game. You can do some crazy stunts with firewall, ha.

I know what you mean about katarina. I wish there was a skill that increased her threat or gave her some aoe. At the end, she had about 1k dps on her melee attack, went full body on her, and she still couldn't keep the attention off me. She never died though, so her 3.2k hp was good for somethin at least, haha.

Lookin' forward to their next class, and the next game of course. No real replayability out of the currents classes for me, probably won't be for the next one either, but it's still fun for one playthrough. Definitely worth it to me.
Reimur: even though you're wrong, why would you have faith in diamond supporters? you're talking about a group of people that are so autistic that they would spend 1000 dollars on pixels. we're almost the most idiotic group of people in this community. second to hardcore players.
Последняя редакция: thelordrahl. Время: 9 окт. 2013 г., 20:59:45
"
It was a lot more fun and had very few OHSHIT moments, especially considering I did an all Willpower build.

Yes, I felt the same way. When I first started my Thaumaturge, I thought that he's lack of power versus my previous hunters, but that could be caused by the fact, that I had made scenarios with high level characters.

As I got forwards in the story line, I could chose between different builds and each of them were quite useful against the hordes of enemies. This was a good point after the typical RoD build. (To kill monsters, with all type of elements while Sluggish Time is active is so awesome) ;)

"
I wish there was a skill that increased her threat or gave her some aoe
Yeah, first I thought the same, but if she would be a perfect tank, it could ruin the balance, cause ranged characters could easily take out everybody, before they got hurt.

"
Lookin' forward to their next class
If you loved the Thaumaturge, the Arcane Mechanic will also cause some great moments, I'm sure.

It will be available today, but as Murphy said "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong", so you can purchase it, but you have to wait some hours till it will download the new content :)
"
Vakirauta написал:
Why are you not answering the negative comments? And yes, this is an actual question.

Which do you think exactly?

On the first page, I asked for more about his opinion, and there was another guy who was sure about that he will never use steam related game. However PoE will be available there soon, it would just lead to an endless argument.

As I see, after reading them again, they just shared their experiences either was it positive or negative. Negative criticism comes good, when it's posted in a proper manner, and it was. Me and the others don't have to convince them like "Oh man, you are not right, it was great". We have to learn from their feedback, like the linearity and spamming buttons you also mentioned.

Because if we release new classes(content,maps,patches etc...), it means more, then trying to prove our case's rights.

Последняя редакция: Valkyrie_Neocore. Время: 16 окт. 2013 г., 9:37:16
"
Valkyrie_Neocore написал:
"
Vakirauta написал:
Why are you not answering the negative comments? And yes, this is an actual question.

Which do you think exactly?

On the first page, I asked for more about his opinion, and there was another guy who was sure about that he will never use steam related game. However PoE will be available there soon, it would just lead to an endless argument.

As I see, after reading them again, they just shared their experiences either was it positive or negative. Negative criticism comes good, when it's posted in a proper manner, and it was. Me and the others don't have to convince them like "Oh man, you are not right, it was great". We have to learn from their feedback, like the linearity and spamming buttons you also mentioned.

Because if we release new classes(content,maps,patches etc...), it means more, then trying to prove our case's rights.

Just an FYI: even though PoE releases on Steam, you won't need to use Steam. You can still just use the normal Client without Steam integration.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
I would play it if it wasn't Steam only. This is why...DRM

Port your game over to gog.com

Forget activations or malicious DRM - every game on GOG.com is 100% DRM-free. You buy it. You own it. 100% DRM-free.

DRM, also called copy protection, tries to control you and your games. We don’t believe in that - all of the games on GOG.com come without any DRM at all!

Download, reinstall, or backup without limits:

While you can always redownload your games off the GOG.com cloud, you can also install them on all your computers at home or back them up onto a DVD or spare hard drive. No limits!
Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.
"
Valkyrie_Neocore написал:
[...]If you loved the Thaumaturge, the Arcane Mechanic will also cause some great moments, I'm sure.

It will be available today, but as Murphy said "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong", so you can purchase it, but you have to wait some hours till it will download the new content :)

Thanks for mentioning, just bought it and will now wait for the download.
Mines, summons, flamethrower.. looks cool. :)

Edit:
One thing to add to the Thaumaturge: Combat feels a lot more.. impactful.
While Cleave was just.. well, I hit stuff, but it didn't feel awesome.. the skills you designed for that class dragged me into the battle way better than the standard Van Helsing did. I'm hoping the Arcane Mechanic will feel even better. ;)
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
Последняя редакция: Delirii. Время: 16 окт. 2013 г., 11:15:09

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация