0.9.12x Patch Notes and PvP Arena rules

After some feedback on alpha we have decided to try raising the 1v1 time limit to 90 seconds, and the 3v3 time limit to 120 seconds.

As always, everything we do is subject to change based on feedback!
Path of Exile II - Game Director
Sweet! 1 vs 1 PVP arena!!! =D
I agree that a warmup period should exist, so that both/all players are entering the battle prepared and at full strength. Around 10 seconds should be plenty.
IGN: KoTao
"
Archwizard написал:
Here's a +1 in hoping for spectator mode.

Also, I find it interesting that people keep mentioning uniques, but not ilvl 60+ items that are reqlevel < 28.

What's to stop me from using an endgame character to get stuff with really badass ilvl 60+ mods and giving it to a char that's never left normal via the stash?

For the level limit arena it would seem to make sense to have an ilvl limit on the gear as well.

ilvl 60+ mods will cause the level requirement of an item to be lvl 60+

The only part of the item that can be improved while keeping min level requirement down is number of sockets isn't it? So I could be really lucky and roll mods all level 28 and under on a level 28 or under item, with ilvl 60 and have 6L sockets.

I dont see a problem with this as many support gems arent even available at lvl 28 and the mana costs could cause problems with your build. Such a lot of work farming such gear would require a reward though.
I think we're also forgetting the fact that a lot of gems require level 31+ to use ex. GMP, Flame Totem, etc so I guess you're right - 4L+ won't be anything to worry about.

GOD I want PvP right now.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Spectating...really?! Was there any spectate in Diablo 2 Days or even WoW BG days? No, think about it... even 1v1 would be dumb, way ta' completely take away element of surprise w/ whomever you're fighting..I won't drink the coolaid

GG: Down to test and feedback pvp endlessly this is my expertise in games, see ya in arena

-DarylDixon
Последняя редакция: ukepower. Время: 24 окт. 2012 г., 19:01:27
"
Chris написал:

[li]You can either play Level 28 Capped PvP in Normal difficulty or Open PvP in Merciless difficulty (with resistance penalties).[/li]
[li]Level 28 Capped PvP requires that you haven't entered Cruel difficulty and are not higher than level 28.

Ah LLD is finally back in a game I care about :D thank goodness lol
"Playing jank off-meta minion builds since 2012"
"
ukepower написал:
Spectating...really?! Was there any spectate in Diablo 2 Days or even WoW BG days? No, think about it... even 1v1 would be dumb, way ta' completely take away element of surprise w/ whomever you're fighting..I won't drink the coolaid

I don't think you get what I'm saying. I'm saying allow OTHERS to watch your games. So the 2 people fighting can't see, but other's watching can. This would allow for many things to happen.

1. Possible leagues put into PvP where admins or something running the leagues can watch over it. This also enables the streaming of every match.
2. People can learn from watching other people play and seeing what they do.
3. It's fun to take a break and watch games.

Of course it could be implemented in many ways. I have a lot of ideas, but I'm not a developer and i don't have time to write them down right now :P
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Another + for a spectator mode and leagues. They have these in another game I play occasionally and it works very well.

As I don't recall seeing this answered, I'll take the opportunity to ask here. Do items drop when defeated, either from the inventory or from those worn/equipped?

"
KoTao написал:
I agree that a warmup period should exist, so that both/all players are entering the battle prepared and at full strength. Around 10 seconds should be plenty.

Not having this will lead to some players running simple scripts to quickly cast auras at the start of a pvp battle.

^while some players might still do this even with a 10 sec grace period at the start of a battle they wouldn't be gaining an unfair advantage while doing so.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация