Ideal New Player Build - Nemesis Block Based / Iron Reflexes Ethereal Knives Scion (EK Scion)

Updated my gear, got a 5 link, sitting at 5.4k Life at level 75 (so close to 76!)
I'm trying this build out (first time EK build for me)! It's doing decent damage so far and it's great at killing groups of enemies while being much more tanky than glass cannon builds.

Some questions:

1) Is there a way to do better single target DPS against bosses? I find that getting to the boss is pretty easy, but it takes me a while to kill the boss.

2) Should you only use blood magic when your life regen (with totem) can sustain the cost per cast of EK per second? I'm still pretty low level (lvl 31) but the mana cost is getting ridiculous when I have hatred aura on. I can cast it 2-3 times before I have to spam mana pots to keep up casting EK.
Последняя редакция: Tokenx. Время: 31 окт. 2013 г., 18:40:39
You can use Fire Trap + Conc Effect or Bear Trap + Crit Damage / Added Fire to supplement your damage, although they both received a sizable nerf in the release patch. I didn't have much trouble with rare mobs in solo, but in parties I did sometimes feel lacking with DPS. Leveling the gem really helps too, but that's not something you can really rush.

I started using Blood Magic when I had around 3% life regen from passives. I wouldn't rely on rejuv totem to sustain your casting, just try and grab the templar 1% as soon as you can. You should then aim for a nice 4 link and some new potions, Saturated ones are really nice.

Feel free to add me in game, @Kiimuir
Последняя редакция: dandan88. Время: 1 нояб. 2013 г., 9:59:33
Updated with tree to 80, and new gear. Had a few ingame PMs from people saying they're trying this build and that makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside :)
Im currently following this to best i can im only lvl 56 on HC. im at the point on the tree where i have just got iron reflexes and am about to continue onto (13more points) to the endurance charge. what are your thoughts in spending these points into the warrior path picking up more life 30% crit dmg reduction and +12 to resistance? then maybe getting the endurance charge that is close by to that?
Hi, I responded to you in game, but I'll post here too..

I think the marauder area is pretty strong, and those crit reduction with ele adaptation is especially good, but you get much better nodes per points spent in my opinion; the Testudo nodes, Golems Blood + Life and the Endurance Charge. By all means try it out, I'd be interested in how it works out.
How much DPS do you do with this EK build?
I currently have around 6.5k DPS with EK + Faster Cast + Added Fire + Iron Will + Blood Magic, with the Hatred aura. With Haste + Hatred I reach 6.9k, more than enough to map.

Updated my tree and wand as I hit lvl 84 :)
Последняя редакция: dandan88. Время: 18 нояб. 2013 г., 4:03:57
Updated some of the text on the first post, added new gear and passive tree for lvl 85.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация