[2.2] Wurpo's quill rain + cast on crit build (aka stress test build) [not scion anymore]

I stopped using Innervate as it hardly ever procs. Even in your videos, it triggers so rarely that I hardly find it worth the gem slot.

I've also unlinked Assassins Mark from Herald of Ice/Lightning. Instead, I now use a CoH setup with Ice Arrow and GMP. Just fire a volley of CoH Assassins Mark at a mob and you'll have at least half of the monsters cursed. I've found that it greatly reduces the occurrence of lengthy non-crit streaks. Plus, it also works without kills, which is useful for bosses and parties.

I'm still looking for a satisfying single target DPS setup though, as this is pretty much the greatest weakness of this build. But I guess that goes for all CoC builds.

Hi, sorry if this has already been asked, but what is point of linking 2 cold snap with CoC on the single target set-up ?

According to the wiki :

"
Cooldown Time: When a supported spell is successfully cast, it and all supported spells of the same name are put on cooldown for 50 milliseconds. This means that a given spell can only trigger once per critical strike, and reduces the effect of linking multiple copies of the same spell to this support (especially when it is at a higher gem level). It is important to note that this cooldown does not apply to the gem as whole; you can trigger multiple spells within the 50 millisecond cooldown time as long as they are different.

So if I understand correctly, on a CoC proc, the 1st Cold Snap will activate, and then the 1st and 2nd Cold Snap will go on cooldown, preventing the 2nd from activating ?

If anyone can explain that to me, I would be gratefull.

Have a nice game.
"
Atori написал:
Hi, sorry if this has already been asked, but what is point of linking 2 cold snap with CoC on the single target set-up ?

According to the wiki :

"
Cooldown Time: When a supported spell is successfully cast, it and all supported spells of the same name are put on cooldown for 50 milliseconds. This means that a given spell can only trigger once per critical strike, and reduces the effect of linking multiple copies of the same spell to this support (especially when it is at a higher gem level). It is important to note that this cooldown does not apply to the gem as whole; you can trigger multiple spells within the 50 millisecond cooldown time as long as they are different.

So if I understand correctly, on a CoC proc, the 1st Cold Snap will activate, and then the 1st and 2nd Cold Snap will go on cooldown, preventing the 2nd from activating ?

If anyone can explain that to me, I would be gratefull.

Have a nice game.

That is correct. Only one Cold Snap can trigger every 50ms.

Given a trigger chance of 70% (CoC lvl 21), linking a second Cold Snap improves the odds of having at least one trigger to 91% (one minus the odds of neither triggering, which is 1 - 0.3*0.3). This would give you 91%/70% = 30% more DPS.

Thus you're better off using a lvl 20 Concentrated Effect gem if you're not concerned about AoE, as it gives you 59% more DPS. In addition, a Q20 Concentrated Effect gem gives you 10% increased area damage.
"
BattleLeader написал:
I stopped using Innervate as it hardly ever procs. Even in your videos, it triggers so rarely that I hardly find it worth the gem slot.

I've also unlinked Assassins Mark from Herald of Ice/Lightning. Instead, I now use a CoH setup with Ice Arrow and GMP. Just fire a volley of CoH Assassins Mark at a mob and you'll have at least half of the monsters cursed. I've found that it greatly reduces the occurrence of lengthy non-crit streaks. Plus, it also works without kills, which is useful for bosses and parties.

I'm still looking for a satisfying single target DPS setup though, as this is pretty much the greatest weakness of this build. But I guess that goes for all CoC builds.

I actually use poacher's mark with herald of ice for the purpose of getting free frenzy charges, and I manually cast assassin's mark on strong bosses

Setting up a second link is just way too bothersome for me, if you don't get tired of it then more power to you.

The 2.0 shotgun nerf really weakened the single target of this build, it used to be completely insane, now it's just pretty good.

I still don't know what to do for single target.
"
BattleLeader написал:
That is correct. Only one Cold Snap can trigger every 50ms.

Given a trigger chance of 70% (CoC lvl 21), linking a second Cold Snap improves the odds of having at least one trigger to 91% (one minus the odds of neither triggering, which is 1 - 0.3*0.3). This would give you 91%/70% = 30% more DPS.

Thus you're better off using a lvl 20 Concentrated Effect gem if you're not concerned about AoE, as it gives you 59% more DPS. In addition, a Q20 Concentrated Effect gem gives you 10% increased area damage.

Thank you very much for the detailed answer !

Have a nice game.
"
Wurps написал:
"
BattleLeader написал:

I actually use poacher's mark with herald of ice for the purpose of getting free frenzy charges, and I manually cast assassin's mark on strong bosses

Setting up a second link is just way too bothersome for me, if you don't get tired of it then more power to you.

The 2.0 shotgun nerf really weakened the single target of this build, it used to be completely insane, now it's just pretty good.

I still don't know what to do for single target.

I use Blood Rage for Frenzy charges, which I'm gonna link to Increased Duration for convenience. Once I open up additional gem slots, I'm thinking of linking Vaal Haste and Herald of Thunder (because I can) to Increased Duration as well.

Together with my 4-link setups of Summon Ice Golem + Blink Arrow + Culling Strike + Item Rarity and Ice Shot + GMP + CoH + Assassin's Mark, that should fill all my gem slots. Unfortunately, this all requires that I have at least two gem slots free (in total) in my bow and body armor to fit in Herald of Ice and Arctic Armor. Not that I have 6-links though, so it won't be a problem for a while.
Can you use windripper with this build... I know the attack speed is lower, 1.6, but the crit is 8-9, which is awesome... but is it doable?
I am trying out this build but I only have a 5 link quill rain. Does the leech from the doryani's belt make it worth using, instead of a belt that gives life?
"
FireTruck992 написал:
Can you use windripper with this build... I know the attack speed is lower, 1.6, but the crit is 8-9, which is awesome... but is it doable?

If you get a near maximum crit chance Windripper, you can cap your crit chance at 95%, resulting in the same crit rate (DPS) as with a Quill Rain. However, with a Quill Rain you proc "on hit" effects more often, like knockback or the mana and life gain on hit from Thief's Torment. In addition, Diamond flasks are very effective on Quill Rain, as it boosts your crit chance from about 50% to about 75% (which is massive!). Combine this with an added crit chance of 10% from Assassin's Mark, and I'd say that Quill Rain really outshines the Windripper.

"
Pengowen816 написал:
I am trying out this build but I only have a 5 link quill rain. Does the leech from the doryani's belt make it worth using, instead of a belt that gives life?

When I tried using Doryani's, I didn't get any significant amount of leech. However, that was a while ago and I should repeat the experiment with my more recent, higher damage numbers. I doubt that it provides more life gain than a Thief's Torment though, as its gives me loads of HP (+30 per hit) every volley.
Interesting that I found this thread.

I am running Quill CoC as well but my set up is a bit different as I am trying to use some of the warband league uniques.

I have 5L'd my Voll's just last night, but I have actually found that My 6L build with Tabula Rasa is over all more consistent (for now).

Current links

Barrage - Chain - CoC (20 Quality) - Cold Snap - Arc - PCoC (20% Quaility).

The quality on both CoC and PCoC is extremely important as it gives your barrage an extra 40% crit chance!!! Which currently allows my TR to slightly outperform my 5L volls. Simply put I can't even get the right colors to roll on the voll's yet so can't do a proper test lol...

The synergy with the new Brotherhood ring is awesome. I am also using doedre's ring (poor man's windscream) so I can curse on hit with Ele weakness and Warlord's mark (durability and leech).

It's like my build was built for warbands!!

Последняя редакция: Prizy. Время: 12 авг. 2015 г., 14:13:14

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация