[1.0.2] Tri Element Trapper

Gameplay Video
Скрытый текст
Updated video after the latest changes to my guide. This is a level 70 "Pier" map. As trivial as it looks in the video, keep in mind that my Shock Nova is only level 13 since changing and I'm only using a 4L Fire Trap, so no Inc Burning Damage or Conc Effect yet...things will only get better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwKgabJBSXk

BUILD ~Level 85

Progression of Passives

This guide is a trapper guide that takes advantage of all 3 elements, along with Elemental Equilibrium (EE), and Bear Traps linked with Item Rarity to fish out those extra items from Rare and Unique Bosses.

Other main passives of note in this build are Eldritch Battery to help get a LARGE mana pool. At the time I am writing this guide, I have a 2400 mana pool with 1200 mana remaining after reserves. This obviously helps with Mind Over Matter keystone. Iron Reflexes is another passive of note, because it helps reduce incoming damage, allowing your mana regen to more than heal the incoming damage allocated to your mana.

Desired Links
Скрытый текст
Armor (GGRRBB) - Fire Trap, Multi Traps, Ele Prolif, Fire Pen, Increased Burning Damage, Concentrated Effect
Helm (GGRB) - Bear Trap, Culling, Added Fire, Item Rarity
Gloves (GRBB) - Ice Nova, Trap, Ele Prolif, Reduced Duration (Level 1)
Boots (GRBB) - Shock Nova (Q20%), Multi Traps, Ele Prolif, Reduced Duration (Level 1)
Weapon (GRB) - Reduced Mana, Grace, Clarity
Shield (GRR) - Cast when Damage Taken (Level 6), Temp Chains (Level 8/Q20%), Enduring Cry (Level 8)

Required Gear
The REQUIRED piece of gear in this build is:

The belt for the reduced duration on traps, causing traps to become instant when linked with Reduced Duration. The boots to get a 5L with Shock Nova.

Current Gear
Скрытый текст

Playstyle Tips

The general idea to this build is to rotate tossing all 3 of your elemental traps to take advantage of EE. The order which best takes advantage of this is:

Shock Nova Trap (Instantly explodes because of Belt + Reduced Duration)
Fire Trap
Ice Nova Trap (Instantly explodes as well)

This gives your first blow shock stacks and flips on EE. Fire Traps is next, causing huge damage and leaving a burning ground. Since at this point, EE causes them to be resistant to Fire, your Ice Nova Trap lands, causing the monsters to freeze, become -50% once again to fire, and stand there burning in Fire Traps wake.

It goes without saying that you want to finish off as many Rare and Unique monsters as possible with Bear Trap to take advantage of the Item Rarity gem that is linked to it.

The 2 Auras you run are Clarity and Grace. Keeping Iron Reflexes in mind, Grace gives you the freedom of wearing "Hybrid" EV/ES gear in each slot to help boost your mana pool. And Clarity for the all important mana regen. I personally ran Clarity alone until the end of Cruel/beginning of Merc then added Grace once I started taking Reduced Mana passives.

Bandits

Normal - Help Oak for +40 HP
Cruel - Passive
Merc - Passive

Maps

I know the general idea of any build is to try and make it work with all map mods. This build does have it's difficulties with certain mods.

The Bad
No mana regen - Basically impossible in this build. Mana Regen is very much needed to sustain Mind Over Matter and tossing traps, and without it, this build does not work.

50% regen - It's tough, but doable. It just slows down your speed in maps so you can regen between packs.

Blood Magic - Just like 50% regen, it makes things tough. You can't run auras and you progress slowly, but you're able to do it carefully.

The Good
Physical or Elemental Reflect - both mean nothing because of traps
Player has Elemental Equilibrium - Um thanks, already have it
Chaos Damage per sec - with 2.5% of your life regen per sec, even at -60% chaos resists this isn't enough to overcome your regen

FAQ and Change Log

FAQ
How useful is Elemental Equilibrium
"
arkon9944 написал:
"
Wardawg1001 написал:
How much DPS does elemental equilibrium really add? Is it essential to the build or just icing on top?

EE is pretty awesome, and it doesn't really cost you that many extra points to get anyway. That ring of HP nodes near Scion is pretty important, you can never have too much HP.

Second, as for how well EE works with this build:

Let's assume you do 100 damage (random easy number).

If a monster has 0% resist, that's 100 damage.

If it's EE at -50%, that's 150 damage, that's a 50% damage increase.

Now, going the opposite way, let's say a monster has 75% resist, that means you do 25 damage.

With EE, he now has 25% resist and you do 75 damage, you just TRIPLED your damage against high resist mobs.

Elemental Prolif and Fire Trap
"
arkon9944 написал:
"
rm213 написал:
its says ele prol doesnt work on fire trap

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Proliferation

What that wiki means is the "Burning Ground" portion of Fire Trap. The reason Ele Prolif is part of the links is because when Fire Trap explodes and crits, that Ignited damage will be proliferated.

Why Reduced Duration Gem on Lighting Trap and Ice Nova
"
fLekkZ написал:
"
Barrabaz написал:
Can u guys explain how does decrease duration benefits the traps?

Thanks

Sunblast Unique:

"80% reduced Trap duration" + "Traps trigger at end of duration"

So the Traps trigger no matter if someone walked over it, so its like an instant spell with reduced duration gem.

Why not Reduced Duration Gem on Fire Trap
"
arkon9944 написал:
"
fredo2185 написал:
Are you sure it's not better to switch out fire pen for reduced duration for your fire traps since the trigger radius is pretty shitty?

As for the Fire Pen > Reduced Duration gem swap. Two reasons:

First, fire pen causes your damage to be higher, thus causing your crits to be higher, thus causing your ignites to be beastly.

Second, the real "killer" from Fire Trap is the triggered explosion and when it does crit, the ignite damage. The burning ground portion of Fire Traps is just a little sugar on top. By making the swap you proposed, you're causing some traps to auto-explode without landing a blow on an enemy, therefore wasting a chance for it to crit and ignite...all in exchange to have more of the burning ground laying around in the slight chance a monster will walk on it later on.

CHANGE LOG
12/1/2013 - Added a "Current Gear" Spoiler Tab.
11/23/2013 - Put Deerstalkers back into the guide. Changed Lightning Traps out for Shock Nova.
11/22/2013 - Added a FAQ section.
11/21/2013 - Took away the 3 different +18% resist nodes near the Scion starting area and moved them to get "Nullification" in the Shadow area. Also respeced out of the 16 HP/16 Mana node in the Shadow Area causing this build to be done at level 85.
IGN: Arkon_Melee_LoL

https://www.twitch.tv/arkon9944
Последняя редакция: arkon9944. Время: 1 дек. 2013 г., 6:43:19
I am playing your build at the moment.

Very very nice and makes a lot of fun!
Updated and Improved...GREATLY

Where did you put Grace in? Or are you planning to make a 6L out of the chest?

Ah sry forgot to read the whole text^^
Последняя редакция: Kuba84. Время: 9 нояб. 2013 г., 10:35:10
thanks for the guide. am thinking of following this for my trapper. maybe just maybe can do some tweeks of my own. thanks again :-)
Awesome guide! enjoying playing this so far.
Just reached level 23 and it clears mobs faster than anything else IMO.

Just a few questions:

How expensive is it to obtain the necessary gem/gear is?
What did you take for bandit rewards?
How did you survive throughout cruel and merciless without taking element resist (did you run purity from early levels)?
Can you post your current passive tree?
Im surprised more people arent using this build sense it destroyed Kripp and his crew in PVP
Any chance for a more detailled Guide?
"
Awesome guide! enjoying playing this so far.
Just reached level 23 and it clears mobs faster than anything else IMO.

Just a few questions:

How did you survive throughout cruel and merciless without taking element resist (did you run purity from early levels)?

"Necessary Gear" at this point is only 3 items:

5-8 chaos
1-2 chaos
10-15 chaos

As for the rest of my gear. I wear the "Templar" shields that have a built in 24% resist all. And all pieces of gear I aim for +HP/+Mana/and +IIR where available:

For Bandit rewards, I only took +40 HP in normal. Cruel and Merc take passives.

I didn't begin to run Purity until Merc. As for Cruel, I just focused on resists and HP at that point. Clarity was the only aura I ran and it was enough to sustain traps while my gear gave me life and resists.

While toying around with Trap builds since release, I rerolled a few times. This current toon is level 75, and all is good so I don't see him going away. My current plan is to spend the next 5 points getting "High Explosives". After that, spending 7 points on Health. That'll bring me to level 87 and from there I'll finally get Cleaver Construction for 4 points.

Cleaned up the guide to make it a bit more streamline by requests

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация