1.0.1 Patch Notes

I don't always post on the forum. But when I do its to say leave CODT alone.
If there was atleast a way to cast stuff like enduring cry and molten shell manually without triggering the cast animation, then im sure a lot less people would care about the codt mechanics change.
There is just no way to cast them manually without being slowed down by the cast animation, not only making it feel sluggish, on top of that it kinda defeats the purpose of these spells.

Molten shell is supposed to be a defensive spell, but the nature of casting animations (and the fact that molten shell only prevents a small amount of damage per use) makes it impossible to use without defeating the very purpose of the spell.
If you stand still to cast it, you will either take damage, or at the very least be prone to taking damage, thus immediately losing the defensive bonus you just got.

If defensive spells like these were actually instant cast on manual use, then using all of them manually during regular combat would be viable.
Not only is this not the case (they are not instant cast on manual use), on top of that no one really has enough skillslots in their skillbar to accomodate all these defensive spells.

As long as these core limitations are in place (skillslot limitation, casting time defeating the very purpose of these spells and feeling sluggish on top of that), codt will always be the one and only viable option to use all of these defensive mechanisms at once.
Regardless of how much they nerf codt, as long as it circumvents these core limitations, it will be used by everyone.
GGG doesnt realize that the reason why codt is being used by everyone is not due to it being OP, but due to the fact that the regular way of using these defensive spells is lackluster.

Codt actually exposes that several mechanics in this game are actually very lackluster.
1. The skillbar does not have enough slots.
2. Casting animation on defensive mechanisms defeat their very purpose.

Nerfing codt wont change this fact. It wont create additional diversity.
Even after this nerf everyone will use codt, because it still gets rid of these core limitations.
Whats the next step? Even more nerfs until the gem isnt circumventing these core limitations anymore?
Fixing the problem at its´ root is what needs to be done to make codt an optional gem (instead of a mandatory one). Fixing 1. and 2 is what needs to be done. Currently codt fixes those two issues all by itself. It creates additional hidden skillbar slots and it removes the casting animation.
Последняя редакция: gh0un. Время: 12 нояб. 2013 г., 20:43:49
"
gh0un написал:
If there was atleast a way to cast stuff like enduring cry and molten shell manually without triggering the cast animation, then im sure a lot less people would care about the codt mechanics change.
There is just no way to cast them manually without being slowed down by the cast animation, not only making it feel sluggish, on top of that it kinda defeats the purpose of these spells.

Molten shell is supposed to be a defensive spell, but the nature of casting animations (and the fact that molten shell only prevents a small amount of damage per use) makes it impossible to use without defeating the very purpose of the spell.
If you stand still to cast it, you will either take damage, or at the very least be prone to taking damage, thus immediately losing the defensive bonus you just got.

If defensive spells like these were actually instant cast on manual use, then using all of them manually during regular combat would be viable.
Not only is this not the case (they are not instant cast on manual use), on top of that no one really has enough skillslots in their skillbar to accomodate all these defensive spells.

As long as these core limitations are in place (skillslot limitation, casting time defeating the very purpose of these spells and feeling sluggish on top of that), codt will always be the one and only viable option to use all of these defensive mechanisms at once.
Regardless of how much they nerf codt, as long as it circumvents these core limitations, it will be used by everyone.
GGG doesnt realize that the reason why codt is being used by everyone is not due to it being OP, but due to the fact that the regular way of using these defensive spells is lackluster.

Codt actually exposes that several mechanics in this game are actually very lackluster.

Even after this nerf everyone will use codt, because it still gets rid of these core limitations.
Whats the next step? Even more nerfs until the gem isnt circumventing these core limitations anymore?
Fixing the problem at its´ root is what needs to be done to make codt an optional gem (instead of a mandatory one). Fixing 1. and 2 is what needs to be done. Currently codt fixes those two issues all by itself. It creates additional hidden skillbar slots and it removes the casting animation.

+1
"
gh0un написал:

Codt actually exposes that several mechanics in this game are very lackluster.
The skillbar does not have enough slots. Casting animation on defensive mechanisms defeat their very purpose. Nerfing codt wont change this fact. It wont create additional diversity.

Really? Molten Shell does no damage and is never used as a primary damaging ability. Enduring cry is never used as a way to buff attacks (i.e. discharge). Nope, they are only ever used defensively.

I have never seen a build that required more than 8 slots for skills all of the time (buffs are turned on once and you can easily switch them out). If there is one, please enlighten me, it might be fun to try. CWDT is not the only viable way to use these abilities, in fact, these abilities were viable before CWDT even existed. And here is the crazy thing, they were even heavily used, in the case of MS, entire builds built around them.
I was just finally starting to have fun as a melee character. The CODT mechanic took the work out of casting all that crap before every fight. Oh well, I guess it's back to ranged.
Well while there at it i mean if there gonna screw CODT mite as well take it completely out of the game so i dont have to look at a gem i payed 8 chaos for, had great fun with it, as well as some of the great builds based around it. To ultimately lead to total CRAP and uselessness. Great Job open beta started out great and now its all down hill.
Последняя редакция: Tig0Bitties. Время: 12 нояб. 2013 г., 20:53:09
"
gh0un написал:

+1
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
"
DantesLegend написал:
"
cardinalz написал:
"
Fr3shlyy написал:
Will the level Requirement of Cast on Damage Taken apply to support gems tied to augmented skills? i.e. Level 31 req CoDT, lvl 31 req Enduring Cry, lvl req 60 AoE? Or does AoE have to be 31 req as well?

Secondly, it was a bit OP guys.. this is a decent balance, there may be "better" ways to change it and it probably shouldn't have been implemented as it was as it obviously was going to be used the way it has been; but let's calm down on the whining. This game is about variety and CoDT was a little too.. easy. I'm sure you all can handle casting Molten Shell manually. Otherwise go play a stagnant game that doesn't introduce new content and mechanics if you can't handle balancing.

You can't expect every gem to be godly. They all have their place and add an incredible amount of variety. Be a little more appreciate of the entertainment GGG is providing for us. If you'd like to see changes, take the time to write up some legitimate feedback and your thoughts on balance. Believe it or not, the game is heavily community driven -- but the pointless banter dilutes the dialogue.

Happy Slaying :)

Lots of fancy rhetoric. Zero value added. Move along.

O M G! so much value added in your post.....please move along too

He asked a legit question, i am also curious. If there is CODT, immortal cry , increase duration does all 3 need to be same level or just CODT and immortal cry?

Thanks for the defense :) the rest of my thoughts maybe slightly irrelevant, but I would really like to figure out the mechanics of any supporting gem's level requirements. Suppose we will find out soon enough. Godspeed.

PS: New Unique patch day always feels like Christmas.
Domination IGN: Spectrocity / Slay_Mignon
Standard IGN: SofaKingFresh

Buying/Trading For Race Rewards (Standard or Dominion Currency/Items)
I dont know why you assume that since everybody is whining about it that auto makes it a godly gem bro, all it is to me and im sure to other is that it cast certain deff spells for you instead of having to do it yourself like my char is based of lot of its deff and its just convenient to use CODT, if they wanted to stick with ppl casting things them self why implement something in game to serve a certain purpose and then screw it up???
CwDT should be

Level 1 - procs when 50% of health pool has been subtracted.

Level 20 - proces when 30% of health pool has been reached

20% quality - removes another 10% so at level 20+20%q the gem procs when 20% of your healthpool has been removed.

You heard it here first. A balanced option.

Player A has 6,000 life

Player B has 4,000 life

L20+20q procs for player A once 1,500 life has been lost

L20+20q procs for player A once 1,000 life has been lost
Последняя редакция: AboveAverage. Время: 12 нояб. 2013 г., 21:17:26

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация