Jan 14: One-week HC Race

I agree, casual races would be cool here and there, but demigods should not be rewarded as a prize, and if so, only to the 1st place player. I really had to work hard this race for my demigods and if they are just going to make joke races that give demigods why would I even no life a 1-week again? I see no incentive.

Edit: A demigods should be very hard to attain, not everyone should receive one without putting in the hours and time it requires. Just my .02
Последняя редакция: Enzomatica. Время: 21 янв. 2013 г., 23:18:03
"
Enzomatica написал:
I agree, casual races would be cool here and there, but demigods should not be rewarded as a prize, and if so, only to the 1st place player. I really had to work hard this race for my demigods and if they are just going to make joke races that give demigods why would I even no life a 1-week again? I see no incentive.

Edit: A demigods should be very hard to attain, not everyone should receive one without putting in the hours and time it requires. Just my .02

Demigods can no longer be won. This race was the last chance to win one, now the only way to get one is to trade for one. Unless they have changed that.
"
Vondum написал:
So instead of limiting the race winners to people will no lives (allegedly), you now are limiting the race winners to groups of 6 people with no lives.

I don't want to "limit the winners" to any group. I just want the race to be more competitive, exciting and fun to watch. Not a totem spawning zombie horde (sry!).

"
This "fix" to the current system would mean less people would have a shot at winning than it is right now. Now not only do you have to play 8 hours a day, you have to time your 8 hours exactly so that the 5 other people in your group can play exactly the same 8 hour window. And yes, it would do exactly that because there would be organized groups doing it, and the only way to win would be to follow suit. ANY time playing without the full group would be "wasted".

With the quota-like system, you can divide that time any way you wish. For example, play only 6h on weekday and make up the 10h on the weekend. And yes, you will need to be organized as this is a team race!

"
The no trading except within groups is another terrible idea because Solo players would have even less chance. Not only would they be getting WAY less drops overall (and less XP), they wouldn't be able to trade for the drops they don't get (try running through to endgame solo with only your own drops if you don't believe me).

That will be true for any race, as PoE just promotes groups so heavily. There is no reason not to have separate standings for Teams and Solo players.

"
It would also eliminate tons of builds from the game due to a lack of ability to trade for skill gems (how many builds don't have to trade for ANY of the gems they use?). No trade works for 3 hour races because you don't advance far. It wouldn't work nearly as well for long term races.

A lot of good ones. If your build requires an extra high level gem you're not normally gonna get and no-one in your party can spare one - tough luck. If it's a low-level gem, then you need to decide if making an alt to get it is worth it. Working with limited resource is what makes closed leagues fun. Also, if you look at this race there was almost 0 variety in builds in top 20. Sure, totems are OP, but they also allow you to play safely in zombie-mode.

I really don't care who wins this long races. But at the current state, it's just boring to watch. And if some of the top-skilled players won't participate, it will be even more boring.
I just extracted the top 400 and here is some stats I want to share :

Lets first have a look on the top 100 :

The leading class is Ranger with 14 players for an average level of 77.71
In second position we have Templar with 34 players for an average level of 77.70
Then comes :
9 Duelists level 77
22 Witches level 76.5
9 Shadows level 76.1
12 Marauders level 75.58

Now if we look further up to 400th :

51 witches average lvl 62.35
97 Templars average lvl 59.98
49 Dueslists average lvl 54.33
53 Shadows average lvl 53.35
85 Rangers average lvl 53
65 Marauder average lvl 52.65
"
Pouloum написал:

In second position we have Templar with 34 players for an average level of 77.70
Then comes :
9 Duelists level 77
22 Witches level 76.5
9 Shadows level 76.1
12 Marauders level 75.58

Thank you for sharing the info with us. Certainly a valuable information to us. Sit down A+ sir
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
"
Pouloum написал:

Then comes :
9 Duelists level 77
22 Witches level 76.5
9 Shadows level 76.1
12 Marauders level 75.58

That's a flawed way of looking at the numbers. The leading class is Templar in both lists. If you want to factor average level then you have to take the average level of the top 9 of each class in list 1 and the top 49 in list 2. Having more within a bracket is a bonus not a penalty to how well that class did.
"
lqc написал:
"
Vondum написал:
So instead of limiting the race winners to people will no lives (allegedly), you now are limiting the race winners to groups of 6 people with no lives.

I don't want to "limit the winners" to any group. I just want the race to be more competitive, exciting and fun to watch. Not a totem spawning zombie horde (sry!).

"
This "fix" to the current system would mean less people would have a shot at winning than it is right now. Now not only do you have to play 8 hours a day, you have to time your 8 hours exactly so that the 5 other people in your group can play exactly the same 8 hour window. And yes, it would do exactly that because there would be organized groups doing it, and the only way to win would be to follow suit. ANY time playing without the full group would be "wasted".

With the quota-like system, you can divide that time any way you wish. For example, play only 6h on weekday and make up the 10h on the weekend. And yes, you will need to be organized as this is a team race!

"
The no trading except within groups is another terrible idea because Solo players would have even less chance. Not only would they be getting WAY less drops overall (and less XP), they wouldn't be able to trade for the drops they don't get (try running through to endgame solo with only your own drops if you don't believe me).

That will be true for any race, as PoE just promotes groups so heavily. There is no reason not to have separate standings for Teams and Solo players.

"
It would also eliminate tons of builds from the game due to a lack of ability to trade for skill gems (how many builds don't have to trade for ANY of the gems they use?). No trade works for 3 hour races because you don't advance far. It wouldn't work nearly as well for long term races.

A lot of good ones. If your build requires an extra high level gem you're not normally gonna get and no-one in your party can spare one - tough luck. If it's a low-level gem, then you need to decide if making an alt to get it is worth it. Working with limited resource is what makes closed leagues fun. Also, if you look at this race there was almost 0 variety in builds in top 20. Sure, totems are OP, but they also allow you to play safely in zombie-mode.

I really don't care who wins this long races. But at the current state, it's just boring to watch. And if some of the top-skilled players won't participate, it will be even more boring.
well currently your points are moot. ggg is nerfing a lot of things and buffing monsters. we'll have to see come open beta one week races to judge the state of the race
I understand that we are coming closer to OB but I think that people should be worried more about the balance of builds than about how the races are done. It doesn't make sense to discuss different race modes when there are clear imbalances.

People's reactions were the same when LMP/GMP came out but it seems with chain it is much stronger now. Let's just hope they fix those gems. Once they're fixed we can either wait for the next imbalanced build or we can work on making those races "more fair" (in case there are still people who think they aren't already).
I've began writing the chronicles of this 1 week race. Looks like it'll be 3 parts long. First part is pretty boring, just the pre and first night stages of the race. Link below if interested. The other 2 parts will be more entertaining though, that I can promise you. Team drama, deaths, rage, bromance? It'll all be in there.

http://gamingrendo.com/2013/01/path-of-exile-paying-respects-to-the-rng-gods-p1/
"
miraclechipmunk написал:
They need to make it so people who no-life get less exp as the day progresses and it resets every "new day", in a way the race should favour the first hours of each day more than the rest of the hours... and every day it resets, but ppl can still gain exp just not as much if they no-life it.

So like 0-6 hours played on day 1 gains 100% exp, 6-12hours gain 75% exp, 12-18 gain 50% exp, 18-24 gain 25% exp.. so even the account sharing scumbags can still get exp just at less rate until the day ends

So as mentioned, the "value" of hours resets on the 2nd day of the race. Also if you didnt "use up" all of the 6 hours of "75%" exp gain" on the 1st day.. but you no life-it the next day, instead of moving into the "50%" exo bracket after 12 hours of play.. it uses up your left over "75%" exp hours from 1st day.. etc. So you dont lose out on precious exp time to someone who no-lifed it both days

As someone that came 1st/2nd the last 2 week long races, let me disassemble this idea to explain why it still would not help achieve what you hope to achieve.

Hours 0-12: Clear all high level maps as a group

Hours 12-18: Solo mid level maps to prepare for the next day of clearing high maps as a group

Hours 18-24: Sleep or farm non-map areas to get currency to prepare for the next day of high level maps.

This completely circumvents everything you were attempting to "fix" with the policy you want to see implemented. If the "fix" included a reduction of drop rates as well, invest the first 2 days of low-exp time in leveling a character on a 2nd account. Use this character to farm currency/low maps to bypass the limitations you have implemented.

There's no point in implementing an idea like yours if you don't follow through and consider how it will be abused.
IGN: Dominion / Clamor
Последняя редакция: Fireknight. Время: 22 янв. 2013 г., 12:59:05

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация