Necro's pure righteous fire build HC, 90% phy dmg reduction, cheap! (5 seconds piety vid) lvl89

"
Hartsa написал:
"
Necropotence написал:

Hello, the snapshot part of RF won't be changed as it's how the skill is made, this is also confirmed by a developer in the RF thread. With regards to gear swapping after RF cast, if it gets changed it will impact the damage but will not break the build.

What excatly is the difference between RF snapshotting and RF gearswap?

Doesnt seem to be any, but what do I know?

One thing bothers me - I just actually tried using discharge, (discharge lvl 14 + iron will lvl 16 + BM + faster casting) and with 6 endurance charges I hit white mob for whole... 1/3HP. Do you actually use discharge to do damage? :P What am I doing wrong? :P (I tried it with RF off, otherwise mobs would just burn themselves in it, but even with 50% spell power buff that's still ridiculously low)
"
benjiwoosh написал:

One thing bothers me - I just actually tried using discharge, (discharge lvl 14 + iron will lvl 16 + BM + faster casting) and with 6 endurance charges I hit white mob for whole... 1/3HP. Do you actually use discharge to do damage? :P What am I doing wrong? :P (I tried it with RF off, otherwise mobs would just burn themselves in it, but even with 50% spell power buff that's still ridiculously low)

I don't believe it's intended to be part of your main damage source, but rather to kill off totems as they do not take damage from RF.

As to Discharge doing low damage: try cursing and using a non-fire elemental spell(Ice Nova, Shock Nova) to proc EE, before discharging. It takes me one or two discharges with four endurance charges to kill of totems. I imagine it would one-shot them when I have six charges.
"
azkul написал:
"
benjiwoosh написал:

I don't believe it's intended to be part of your main damage source, but rather to kill off totems as they do not take damage from RF.

As to Discharge doing low damage: try cursing and using a non-fire elemental spell(Ice Nova, Shock Nova) to proc EE, before discharging. It takes me one or two discharges with four endurance charges to kill of totems. I imagine it would one-shot them when I have six charges.

Ehh that's coplicated :P Im running BM+incinerate+culling strike+IIR, if only I had 5th socket to put in iron will... Im not using EE >yet<, not sure how it works with parties - if there is somebody using cold or lightning he might be pissed :P

Also, Im running pretty much all 66's now w/o any issues, exept dunes... Im tempted to try and kill blacksmith, but then his zombies scare me. You think I can tank the chaos damage if I keep popping ruby flasks? Got -50% chaos atm >_>
Последняя редакция: benjiwoosh. Время: 27 янв. 2014 г., 9:03:14
Hi.
I saw you're using carcass, activate RF and after that swap back to your normal armor, if you place RF in your carcass, then wouldn't it be deactivated as soon as you swap carcass with your normal armor?
"
strife_r7 написал:
Hi.
I saw you're using carcass, activate RF and after that swap back to your normal armor, if you place RF in your carcass, then wouldn't it be deactivated as soon as you swap carcass with your normal armor?

He is using the carcass to increase the size of his RF circle because of the 20% bonus to area range, once the "snapshot" is taken you can swap back to your other armor and the RF is already cast and going.
"
Nikantor написал:
He is using the carcass to increase the size of his RF circle because of the 20% bonus to area range, once the "snapshot" is taken you can swap back to your other armor and the RF is already cast and going.

One thing bugs me - where the HELL do you get dex to EQUIP carcass? I bought me one today and I found myself 40 dex short of using it even with those 2 equipped:

EDIT
solved the problem :P
Последняя редакция: benjiwoosh. Время: 28 янв. 2014 г., 9:12:15
"
benjiwoosh написал:
"
Nikantor написал:

One thing bugs me - where the HELL do you get dex to EQUIP carcass? I bought me one today and I found myself 40 dex short of using it even with those 2 equipped:

Hi Ben,

I had similar problem. I end up swapping on a ring with 28 dex to get there. If you don't have the growth/decay nodes you are going to be hurting for dex. The other option is the +30 dex node that is on the way to "Holy fire".

I made the mistake of using Carcass and not putting my gems back in to my regular armor. Do NOT forget to put them back in :) Cost me about 15mil exp on the way to lvl 18. Eventually when you get everything to level 20 you won't have to move gems. Alternatives would be getting the 4L for RF in your helmet, gloves, or boots. All depends on what you like.

Good luck :)

Edit lvl 78 RF Scion (keep in mind i play standard so gear is cheaper):

My Gear

Edit 2 - Final bonus note:
It is much cheaper to buy a Carcass jack then to try and roll 3 blue sockets on a STR only chest piece. I spent 200+ and couldn't get it and ended up buying my meh chest. Afterwards I got the carcass jack. Just something to keep in mind. I know Necro spent a ton of chroms on his chest (but his is much better than my original 1000 armor one).

Just my recommendation. If you do have a decent armor chest with the 3 blue setup... KEEP IT in case they ever nerf the gearswap method for RF.

Will be using this once my gems hit 20 and I can leave them in carcass jack
IGN: Sweethart
Последняя редакция: haenic. Время: 28 янв. 2014 г., 9:21:24
"
haenic написал:
Hi Ben

Hey, you ninja'd me as I was editing my post by like, seconds :D
Got three +dex trinkets today which give me total of 104 dex and let me use carcass xD
Im keeping my RF+supports in my helmet, Ill swap them to carcass once they hit lvl 20 (I plan to GCP the inc aoe gem once it hits lvl 20, I just need MORE AOE. Considering grabbing two 4% inc aoe nodes next to amplify, but need to grab remaining two 8% life nodes and three marauder armor nodes (not sure if I need them since CWDT+enduring cry+immortal call plus lvl 18 immortal call+BM, but better safe than sorry. One cant have TOO much armor.)
"
benjiwoosh написал:
"
haenic написал:
Hi Ben

Hey, you ninja'd me as I was editing my post by like, seconds :D
Got three +dex trinkets today which give me total of 104 dex and let me use carcass xD
Im keeping my RF+supports in my helmet, Ill swap them to carcass once they hit lvl 20 (I plan to GCP the inc aoe gem once it hits lvl 20, I just need MORE AOE. Considering grabbing two 4% inc aoe nodes next to amplify, but need to grab remaining two 8% life nodes and three marauder armor nodes (not sure if I need them since CWDT+enduring cry+immortal call plus lvl 18 immortal call+BM, but better safe than sorry. One cant have TOO much armor.)

Ha! :)

I took the two +4% nodes and specced out of them. I didn't see a big difference for now, but I will probably pick them back up once I feel like I have the extra points. If you are using Elemental Equilibrium you do NOT want to use Immortal Call. When it goes off it will do fire damage and increase all of the mobs fire resist by +50%. I assumed that is why Necro doesn't run it in his setup.
IGN: Sweethart
"
haenic написал:
Ha! :)

I took the two +4% nodes and specced out of them. I didn't see a big difference for now, but I will probably pick them back up once I feel like I have the extra points. If you are using Elemental Equilibrium you do NOT want to use Immortal Call. When it goes off it will do fire damage and increase all of the mobs fire resist by +50%. I assumed that is why Necro doesn't run it in his setup.

Oi mate, I think you mixed up Molten shell (sinks X damage, then explodes dealing Y damage) with Immortal call (consumes endurance charges to grant temportal physical invulnerability)

And if it DID trigger EE, Id rather spec out of EE ;] Immortal call is just too good :]
Последняя редакция: benjiwoosh. Время: 28 янв. 2014 г., 9:36:34

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация