[1.xx] Islidox's Build tips/critique section for Rangers

I've updated a few things in my build guide for my phys/crit/evade/dodge Ranger. (I need to come up with a better name for it...)

Main things to note:
1. My skill/support has changed for miscellaneous skills.
2. My build has been altered again. (Will also update my leveling guide)
3. A bit less life (120 loss), but lots of DPS gained. I finally break the 20k DPS barrier! :D

I'll post again once I've made all the edits necessary.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
"
Islidox написал:
Mind Drinker is a must.

I concur. I respecced the dash towards that Frenzy Node and went for Mind Drinker instead.
It makes for much smoother gameplay.

Running Hatred also did a bunch for my survivability. Well, who would've thought slowing your enemies while killing them faster would be a good idea? I feel terribly stupid for not doing this earlier.

my current skill tree looks like this:

The next target is Assassination, and then either Bloodlust or Charisma.

I spent an embarassingly long time doing Merc Docks runs to get exp/gear, and now I have capped lightning and cold res and can solo Piety (albeit it's still a bit perilous) and I can easily do Library/Archive runs for exp. I surprisingly found myself with around 80-100% IIR so I can work towards getting some gear upgrades.

my still terrible, terrible gear:
Скрытый текст

I really want a decent Harbinger Bow, which is what I'm saving up for now... (actually I think I have like 4-5ex in various currency to spend, but trading is tedious) plus I'll need some fire res and life leech.

I think I can already safely book this character as a success, though, considering it's my first one - and largely thanks to this guide. Thanks again!
Последняя редакция: StahlregenX. Время: 2 февр. 2014 г., 18:38:50
Islidox , i just can not wait your answer about changes in your build. Post them pls as fast as you can :). What is more , what do you think about iron grip. Is a good idea to spec last 11 point for iron grip ?
"
ciopaka написал:
Islidox , i just can not wait your answer about changes in your build. Post them pls as fast as you can :). What is more , what do you think about iron grip. Is a good idea to spec last 11 point for iron grip ?

I've made changes to the following sections:
1. Current build (link up at top)
2. Current Numbers (MOAR DPS, slightly less life, accuracy took a 1% drop which is no biggie)
3. Skillgem Setup (including Conversion Trap to deal with phys-spell mobs)
4. Leveling Guide (specced out of Master Fletcher and into Deadly Draw. Master Fletcher will be attained in the high level 80s/low 90s)

________

Regarding Iron Grip, the answer is no. You're not getting a lot of Str in this build for it to be worth getting. This build hangs around the Dex part of the skilltree, and journeying to IG is not worth it. Nor is using the support. Better off slotting Added Fire Damage or Increased Critical Damage if you have 6 sockets linked.
Hi, first of all, thanks for the detailed guide :). This was the inspiration for my Phys/Crit/EV ranger and I am loving the gameplay.

I find it hard to choose the best progression for passive nodes as there are so many great ones in this area of the tree and I am constantly comparing my build with the one in your leveling guide. I'm 77 currently, so there's a few easy points I'm looking to spend soon.

Mostly I question the foray into the Duelist tree as it takes quite a few points to reach, and beyond the attack speed node and extra frenzy charge, I don't see much use for it. You mention going there to get the Mana Flows node early-ish, but Mana Geyser is only 3 points from where you end up with when taking Charisma. Then you can spend extra points speccing towards replacing the attack speed node with the one near the shadow start and getting some easy phys damage (near Aspect of the Eagle) or more crit (Bloodthirst in particular but also the 2 20% nodes) or life by Mind Drinker.

Also, may I ask why you think Revenge of the Hunted is unnecessary? True, the evasion isn't really that necessary, but you do get 18% life and it's much closer than Leather and Steel.

Basically I'm just curious if it's worth it to branch out into the Duelist or stay over on the right side of the tree. My tree at 101 points for comparison to the one in your leveling guide. Gets a bit more life and crit at the cost of some attack speed and projectile damage.
@totentanz: Glad you found my guide helpful.

Well, the thing about my build is that from the leveling guide, I start by heading over to the Duelist area early on to build DPS and places me within easy reach of the 7th Frenzy node. I move up to Acrobatics and the Shadow tree in the later part of the build, hitting the Charisma and Talons of Murder last. (Getting Mind Drinker is crucial for gearing purposes, including the Nullification notable.)

It's hard to say which build is better. My build gives more DPS through dmg/AS nodes, while your build has more life/crit. However, having an extra Frenzy node adds quite a bit of DPS, and I'm not sure if I want to drop it. If I extrapolated that into a 117 point build, they end up being similar in the end. It's a matter of preference really. For example, my take on your build would be as such:

102 point build

Whereas my build at lvl 85 (now) is like such:
My 102 point build

But if we went and extrapolated to lvl 100 at 117 points, they end up having similar stats, yours have more life/crit, mine having more dmg/AS.

117 point build
My 117 point build

Revenge of the Hunted is an okay cluster, but compared to other available clusters, I think it's best spent elsewhere, considering my current build. Your build differs, but even then it could be spent on other stuff or more life. Of course, if your evasion on gear isn't particularly high, then I see no problem grabbing Revenge of the Hunted. Personally, I think getting more life is the better choice. L&S gives me 4% MS on top of 32% inc evasion, which to me is the better investment.
Последняя редакция: Islidox. Время: 18 февр. 2014 г., 11:58:50
Thanks!!
Wow, do I need to update this thread...

I'll get to it when I have some downtime that's not spent playing PoE :P
Hey Islidox,

thx for this great guide. Unfortunately I haven't played for 6 months, is your build still viable? Or is the general idea still usable at least?

@stecker123: It's generally usable. This is anything formal, as I plan on changing it soon upon acquisition of a Drillneck, but the build below should suffice for any phys/crit Ranger.

102-point generic phys/crit bow build

Alternative version with more crit and less phys dmg:

103-point alternative generic phys/crit bow build

This build will be my planned build (after respeccing out of that frenzy charge) upon obtaining a Drillneck:

118-point Drillneck IceShot phys/crit Bow build
Последняя редакция: Islidox. Время: 28 авг. 2014 г., 1:10:41

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация