An indie mmo unlike any other

http://projectgorgon.com/

Just thought I'd write this here. It's unique. Truly unique--not that lame shit that you see nowadays. You can be permanently cursed by bosses, causing you to become a spider or a harmless animal, and most of these perma curses have some sort of up-side, but they can also be cured. It's interesting.

Additionally, their death penalty is very different, and their hard-core system is different, too. For example, you can choose for your items to break permanently if you die, and have to repair them (I guess they can break forever). Also, the "true" hardcore mode is not being able to respawn. You have to get someone to help you by reviving. This hasn't been implemented yet, it seems, but it's coming.

Here's the description from the front page:

"
Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) for PC & Mac with a quirky, original feel. It freely mixes ideas from older MMOs, newer MMOs, and a whole bunch of new ideas never before seen in any MMO.

It’s designed for players who want to explore a deep world with complex game systems and a tight-knit community that is friendly enough to actually chat while they group. Think Asheron’s Call crossed with EverQuest crossed with the emergent gameplay of NetHack.

To make the world feel more immersive, Project: Gorgon revives some great ideas from older MMOs that have been forgotten. For instance, if you have items you don’t want, you can toss them on the ground – maybe somebody else will want them. If you sell something to a vendor, those items are available for other players to buy. If you’re on fire and near a lake, jump in the lake to put the fire out!

We’re also taking a cue from older MMOs and not holding your hand quite so much. There are tutorials, of course, but once you’re playing the game we don’t want to tell you exactly where to go – we want you to explore. The world is full of intricate game systems, connected in unusual ways. Project: Gorgon heavily rewards exploration. Go poke in corners, try out weird ideas, and see what you find!

At the same time, this is a thoroughly modern MMO with a robust combat system, quests, guilds, and all the other stuff you’ve come to expect from the genre. We’re also working on new ideas to foster the community. We want Project: Gorgon to have one of the friendliest communities out there.
"Out of every unique I found so far (20+) all of them are fucking junk to a point that even the vendor tells me to shove em up my ass." - DarkKane

"All hack'n'slash games are based on the carrot on the stick 'method', and in PoE's case the stick is so long I can't even see the carrot." - Odoakar
Последняя редакция: Evlesoa. Время: 9 февр. 2014 г., 11:19:00
That looks nice, I'll try downloading it later.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Stealing POEs players? Might take a look at it though.

PS: Downloading now, i hope its doesnt want me to create an account.
It has a couple of neat gimmicks but isn't really that impressive.
Keyblades!
"
Antilurker77 написал:
It has a couple of neat gimmicks but isn't really that impressive.

Typical MMO. Not really my thing. Too much bla bla and too much doing other than farming stuff and so on and then you just have a big empty town for now. Better comeback in a few month or years to see if things got better.

Whoever likes MMO games i guess i recommend it since the graphics are nice and all.
Ah, well, yes. It's supposed to be redefining, but you have to remember that it is "different" when it comes out completely. It's still in development as far as I'm concerned.
"Out of every unique I found so far (20+) all of them are fucking junk to a point that even the vendor tells me to shove em up my ass." - DarkKane

"All hack'n'slash games are based on the carrot on the stick 'method', and in PoE's case the stick is so long I can't even see the carrot." - Odoakar
"
Evlesoa написал:
Ah, well, yes. It's supposed to be redefining, but you have to remember that it is "different" when it comes out completely. It's still in development as far as I'm concerned.

I know that, its in the earliest stage of alpha testing but from what i read they want to adopt GGGs F2P approach. Cosmetic effects to make chars look pretty and what not, could workout.

Its not really that its bad its just MMO games are not my thing i guess, too many tiny quests that dont really offer decent rewards.

Arpgs offer skill points, refund points, items, gems, gold and other stuff that can improve the char a bit.

I will play it as long as i dont have to register and its free and all anyways.
"
Evlesoa написал:
Think Asheron’s Call crossed with

All I needed to hear. Asheron's Call is literally the best game I've ever played, anything taking inspiration from it deserves a try from me.
Right now i play it to get away from this shitty whining community. If Project:Gorgon gets released its gonna be a whine fest too im afraid. Might play it while its still kinda empty but nice.
It sounds wildly ambitious and alluring

Just like every other game before its released.

Theres only a 1/10000000 change devs will deliver :(

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация