How many of us are left playing POE...

Last year I turned 30 and embraced the new decade to come. Deep in thought I noticed reading Reddit, watching youtube and reading articles from Forbes and the like that NOT much has changed. You see I have been playing games for a very long time... My very first game was, "Shinobi" for Atari. After that came, "Smash Bros" on Nintendo, 3DS and I remember playing a sewer rat infested extermination game on my Sega CD. Hell I still remember being in day care and everyone telling the nuns it was their turn to play on the Super Nintendo.

Their seems to be a disconnect, some type of melancholy that has taken grab of the industry, perhaps the deadly sin Greed has taken over the best minds of my generation. Other than that the old traditions and formulas have been kept and only has the business models have changed drastically. I don't remember ever hearing terminology such as f2p, p2w etc... Didn't exist back than. Back than you went to your nearest store begged mom for a gameboy game and that was the end...

Today children and young adults beg for more than just a game.... Perhaps a subscription or a micro transaction? Amazingly I can right now play crazy taxi on my iPad. Which is now called an app... I use to think dreamcast was amazing; all that power! Now that power is fitted into a thin piece of glass and metal. Thinner than my trapper keeper, remember those in school?

I am kidding myself MUCH has changed. I guess I woke up to this new jaded ocean filled with white wrinkles. So I will look in the mirror tomorrow, the day after that and so forth... ask myself that million dollar question. "Have I outgrown video games?" I will always answer that when I play POE...

"No... And never will."
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Последняя редакция: solwitch. Время: 10 февр. 2014 г., 22:38:55
Are you seriously 30 years old? Youre an adult?
"just for try, for see and for know"
Whippersnapper. Get off my lawn!
I hear yha brother.

As soon as i think games industry is just garbage catering to the lowest common dinominator , diamonds in the coal pop up like PoE.

Star Citizen will no dought be the next game the re-destroys my social life.
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
"
Shagsbeard написал:

I'm practically a babe compared with the average here it seems.
IGN: Caessa_Undying - 4 FPS Immersive Rain 4 Lyfe!

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822740
"
Caessa написал:
"
Shagsbeard написал:

What is the average?
"
solwitch написал:
My very first game was, "Shinobi" for Atari. After that came, "Smash Bros" on Nintendo, 3DS and I remember playing a sewer rat infested extermination game on my Sega CD.

You're remembering things very very wrongly. Shinobi was (to the best of my knowledge) never available on the 2600. It went straight from arcade to the Master System (what with it being a Sega game). And no, the 3DS did not come chronologically between Atari and the Sega CD, as you probably well know.

Edit: Google says it did eventually come out on the Atari ST, but not till a while later. I guess technically I stand corrected.
Последняя редакция: MonstaMunch. Время: 10 февр. 2014 г., 23:21:47
"
Caessa написал:
"
Shagsbeard написал:

You are most definitely not a a babe.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
I just started. Pretty decent but can't see playing long until they give real hard core real item hunt w/ self found ladder. Game is a trade sim I can see that already in addition to off site RMAH.
Git R Dun!
"
Natharias написал:
"
Caessa написал:
"
Shagsbeard написал:

What is the average?

I would guess the average is derived from assuming that people where 10-13 years old when Diablo II was released.

Diablo II was released 2000 => 24-27 years should be average
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация