[0.10.0] Scrangos' CI DW Dagger Crit Witch Theorycrafted

"
Ixsiehn написал:
- Dual strike with life leech and critical damage support gems as my auto attack
- Discipline Aura for ES
- Whirling blades for safe AoE and escape
- Ethereal Knives with critical chance support gem for stronger AoE (used between whirling blades on harder mobs, or when i dont want to get into melee range)
- Blood Rage for life leech
- Critical Weakness curse (warlord's mark and enfeeble works too, i have them in my inventory in case i need to switch in)
- Flicker strike to quickly take out key enemies
- Free skill slot, currently running hatred. Can switch it around for anything depending on situation.

nice, and what type of gear prefixes and suffixes do i wanna get?
I like the ideas being presented here, your idea and build is quite similar to some being discussed in my Claw Witch topic: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/75537

I'm going to post a link to your build and thread there, OP. Hope you don't mind! ^_^ And if anyone is interested in pitching in to the claw witch discussion, that'd be grand too! :3
I dont mind on the link.

Hadn't thought about the block being such a problem. The author of the CI shadow guides recommends a stun inmunity item (necklace) before doing any maps. You only block animate when you would be stunned. Shields should remove 50% of the stuns but the low base health makes all ailments more common.

My very first build which lasted all of me seeing volls stats and how hard it was to get max charges, was around charges. Volls for power, blood rage for frenzy and warlords mark for endurance. Volls feels pretty weak to base a build around of.. but it could work.

Keep in mind though that each power charge is 50% increased critical strike, and you used 3 skill points to get the power node in the witch tree. 50/3 is 16.66 and you can get that just about anywhere and its not conditional on having volls. Id drop those points get the 20% node near shadow and the two 15's between witch and shadow.

That said if the block animation is a huge issue it might be worth going vaals instead even though it takes so many points. The main reason i started going all the way to duelist was the 8% block. However once you have vaals then your max shield wont matter for leech and wont need as much as youd need without it.

Ps. Pretty low str, can be fixed through gear but gotta keep it in mind for the red gems and even the dual strike gem.

Pps. Close to done with A2 lol.. im so slow.

Ppps. I recall someone mentioning using dodge to recharge shields in combat. The default recharge is 6s, with 50% increased its 4s (6s/(1s*1.5)) and at 100% its 3s... Theres also a mechanic in dodging so you dont dodge or get hit too much. Its called "Pseudo random distribution". So in combat unless your kiting around your not gonna regen shields normally.
Последняя редакция: scrangos. Время: 31 янв. 2013 г., 9:12:50
"
cwliias написал:
"
Ixsiehn написал:
- Dual strike with life leech and critical damage support gems as my auto attack
- Discipline Aura for ES
- Whirling blades for safe AoE and escape
- Ethereal Knives with critical chance support gem for stronger AoE (used between whirling blades on harder mobs, or when i dont want to get into melee range)
- Blood Rage for life leech
- Critical Weakness curse (warlord's mark and enfeeble works too, i have them in my inventory in case i need to switch in)
- Flicker strike to quickly take out key enemies
- Free skill slot, currently running hatred. Can switch it around for anything depending on situation.

nice, and what type of gear prefixes and suffixes do i wanna get?

The build has really low strength (too low to accomodate the life leech support gem) so early investments into the +30 strength nodes is necessary, but can be reset once you have your end-gear and have minimal strength required for those gems (really very easy to achieve).

Typically, aim for any ES bonus you can get in your gear for more survivability to be able to withstand at least 2-3 consecutive hits from most things. Then its life leech, crit chance, crit damage modifier and evasion. Voll's protector is needed for my build to generate the power charges though, so your chestpiece is locked. Try to get an increased melee attack speed support gem to go with dual strike too, so a 4 link piece is necessary by end-game.

"
scrangos написал:
I dont mind on the link.

Hadn't thought about the block being such a problem. The author of the CI shadow guides recommends a stun inmunity item (necklace) before doing any maps. You only block animate when you would be stunned. Shields should remove 50% of the stuns but the low base health makes all ailments more common.

My very first build which lasted all of me seeing volls stats and how hard it was to get max charges, was around charges. Volls for power, blood rage for frenzy and warlords mark for endurance. Volls feels pretty weak to base a build around of.. but it could work.

Keep in mind though that each power charge is 50% increased critical strike, and you used 3 skill points to get the power node in the witch tree. 50/3 is 16.66 and you can get that just about anywhere and its not conditional on having volls. Id drop those points get the 20% node near shadow and the two 15's between witch and shadow.

That said if the block animation is a huge issue it might be worth going vaals instead even though it takes so many points. The main reason i started going all the way to duelist was the 8% block. However once you have vaals then your max shield wont matter for leech and wont need as much as youd need without it.

Ps. Pretty low str, can be fixed through gear but gotta keep it in mind for the red gems and even the dual strike gem.

Pps. Close to done with A2 lol.. im so slow.

Ppps. I recall someone mentioning using dodge to recharge shields in combat. The default recharge is 6s, with 50% increased its 4s (6s/(1s*1.5)) and at 100% its 3s... Theres also a mechanic in dodging so you dont dodge or get hit too much. Its called "Pseudo random distribution". So in combat unless your kiting around your not gonna regen shields normally.

Ah thanks for pointing that out, I realized it is better to just get the 20/15/15% nodes as they give 50% crit chance anyway, and is not dependant on capping out on power charges. A stun immunity item would definitely help in regards of the block animation, would probably be necssary with or without a high block value eventually. I really like the survivability life leech is giving me at the moment now that i have commited my build into that direction. A little trick i found is that when i got low on ES, just spamming whirling blades to get out of the fray recovered my ES to nearly full.

And yea, i currently have points invested in the nearby +30 str nodes to utilize my strength support gems and dual strike, but can easily reset those points (3 reset points only) when i have strength in my gear.

Currently at 51 and Act 3 Cruel. Will post more updates as I discover new things. May post a video or a guide when i finish the build and am confident with it.
Whats the build looking at like at 51? And using pure ES gear I imagine?
"
scrangos написал:
Whats the build looking at like at 51? And using pure ES gear I imagine?

Im using ES/Evasion at the moment, those evades are quite important in going toe to toe against hard hitting foes (like rolling golem for instance). I still need to use whirling blades to get out and recharge ES before coming in for more on some tougher fights like bosses, and those with high crit chance and accuracy aura, or huge army of archers, but i guess thats the main advantage of ES over life, auto regen after getting out of combat (made easy with whirling blades).

puncture is a huge pain though, so whenever you see an enemy with puncture, play safer and try to kite them out of the group, if they are alone they are not so tough, but just watch your debuffs lest you kill yourself while moving to the next pack.

There has been problems but so far the build is doing fine. Cant wait to get the build completed and see how it fares in cruel. Chaos damage was already quite painful in cruel although still handleable, with 0 chaos resistance and 0 investments into life, id say CI is a necessity in merciless.
I'm using this build so far: Link

I got a 4 linked Voll's Protector, who does his job and buffs my basic 17,7% Crit with Dual Strike up to 30% with 4 Charges. I'm undecided though, whether to go for dagger/shield (I got 14% near by + 4% Tempest Shield.), Dual Wield or whatsoever. (I have just a dozen paths open.) Bloodmagic works fine so far, I just might lack mana playing solo spamming flickering Strike all the time. I'm also undecided whether to swap dagger (more style!) for claws (more leech), using Mind Flay (Unique Dagger) atm in my main hand.

My first thought was to combine Dagger Style + Voll's Protector + Cold Snap for AoE/CC, but... mana (and lacking spell damage, although CC would have been sufficient) -.- Ice Spear would also be nice (600% Crit Chance @ second form), but... mana and spelldamage. (Got a spell totem atm, though.)

In fact I lack a decent (Melee-)AoE (Where's the Cleave from my Duelist?!) and the mana for Spell-AoE. (Using Firetraps, atm.) The four power charges are awesome, though.

Any highlevel-experiences concerning Dagger vs. Claw, Dual Wield vs D/S. Playing in party dual wield's just fine, solo i might prefer the additional defense, but unsure whether skilling the shield-nodes or just add more damage (Is the poison @ dagger worth all the points?).
Theres some guides the shadow forums that goes dagger/shield with or without CI.

Little experience in claws but it mostly boils to crit vs life leech.

Poison dagger seems kinda mediocre, it can proc off skills and its 10% extra damage per second based on it.. but with daggers fast attack speed each hit isnt that huge so the 10% of the hit is also not that huge. That said the 66% on that node is sexy enough to be worth it on its own. Thats a lot of multiplier for one node.

Supposedly a dagger/claw aoe is in the works...

Thats all i can answer.
I am just starting a character following your build.

The build seems great in the late game but in the early game it is very weak. All the survivability talents are really far into the tree. I don't really want to be in melee range with such low hp so I have to go ranged. I think I'l be rushing all the easy crit nodes and then go for the iron reflexes section of the tree. I'l save most of the energy shield stuff for last since it is hard to get a ton of ES early.

Any suggestions on leveling with this build?
IGN: @Deltrus
My build and gear: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/462131
Последняя редакция: DeltruS. Время: 3 февр. 2013 г., 19:05:02
I eventually figured out ethereal knives with faster attack and fork is really good for levelling. It works well with this build because of the early witch mana/int passives. EK deals physical so it can regen lots of mana on packs with mind drinker.
IGN: @Deltrus
My build and gear: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/462131

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация