Improve Whirling Blades (analysis inside!)

You didn't mention that Whirling Blades scales with your weapon's base attack speed while Leap Slam doesn't, which is pretty big.

Because of this, you can move noticeably faster with WB+a high APS foil than with LS+brightbeak - it doesn't matter that much for DPS purposes, but the extra speed slightly offsets the fact that you can't control exactly where you're going with Whirling Blades.
jsut look at races,
leap slam is basically the number 1 used skill (along with ST)
with a good 2H weapon you can kill stuff and progress further at the same time, no other skill match that in mobility and strength
I had a thought myself on how to fix whirling blades damage dealing capacity.

Make it a legitimate AoE.

To start, the area of effect will be a rectangle that can never be longer than the distance traveled but has variable width.
Whirling Blades will start out with a radius just slightly wider than you are.
At level 20 it will have 20% improved width.

Now you can hit whole packs with whirling or condense it into a highly elusive and heavy hitting skill.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
"
Elephantsex написал:
I already made this reply to the reddit thread, but I'll post here as well to increase visibility and hopefully add to the discussion.

Whirling Blades was the first movement skill that I picked up when I started the game, and it's still my favorite. I agree with you in that it needs some sort of adjustment, but I don't think a damage buff alone would fix the discrepancy because it just feels like Leap Slam should be doing more damage anyways. Perhaps there is another way to lessen the gap in power.

I always felt sort of roguish when I whirled through enemies, like I was about to turn around and stab them in the back. Staying within this theme, GGG could add a chance to apply some sort of debuff. A lesser version of blind or a slight armor shred component would be interesting and actually add to the feel of the skill IMO. The other popular movement skills have secondary affects: Leap Slam has a chance to knockback and Lightning Warp has the inherent chance to apply shock. I don't see why Whirling Blades can't have a secondary affect as well.

I'd agree with this. There's no need to make it viable as a main skill, but giving it some added utility would be great. Perhaps it could give you 100% *increased* chance to crit for 1-3 seconds after the animation finishes? Since it's just increased chance, it wouldn't be OP or even necessary for crit builds. It would just be a nice bonus of around 6-10% crit chance (all depends on what your base is) for a couple seconds after use. If they wanted the bonus to be more consistent, it could be 8% additional crit chance.

This seems to fit with the "rogue" theme of the skill more than armor shredding, IMO, though they are similar.
IGN: Jihokinetic
"
Jihoko написал:
Perhaps it could give you 100% *increased* chance to crit for 1-3 seconds after the animation finishes? Since it's just increased chance, it wouldn't be OP or even necessary for crit builds. It would just be a nice bonus of around 6-10% crit chance (all depends on what your base is) for a couple seconds after use. If they wanted the bonus to be more consistent, it could be 8% additional crit chance.

This seems to fit with the "rogue" theme of the skill more than armor shredding, IMO, though they are similar.

I use various CoC off WB in a 4L as my movement skill on all my CoC characters. I heartily approve of this idea :P

I also would like to see the target cap removed for WB.

Its fun running 4+ APS with WB and then getting echoing shrine...oh the desynchs
Some interesting suggestions here. I definitely like the idea of making Whirling Blades more associated with Crit, since it's thematically (and by quest rewards) a Shadow/Ranger skill.
Lol who seriously wants to make WB a primary skill? It's utility mate. Do you want Portal as a valid main skill too? WB is extremely awesome and close to OP in PVP and vs. single targets.
IGN: Haeresie
In my opinion Whirling Blades should behave like a hybrid between Spectral Throw and a Samurai Charge.

What I mean is, you first pass through enemies, and then they are each hit multiple times, based on your weapon speed and number of weapons.

The number of hits per target and interval between them should be based on your weapon(s) speed, alternating hands if dual wielding.

Essentially, you'd be "drilling" through your enemies in a flash, and them leave them bleeding behind you.

Leave big hits for Leap Slam.
Forum Warrior - Why are you creating a thread about this subject? Use Search!
Also Forum Warrior - Nice necro.
Последняя редакция: Nurvus. Время: 14 марта 2014 г., 11:21:43
My issue with whirling blades as a movement skill has nothing to do with what's being discussed here so much as simply this:

1) Leap slam and lightning warp allow you to "platform"
2) Whirling blades does not.

So strength and intelligence builds get super fast mobility, and whirlers still get to go the hard route around and actually use STAIRS and WALKWAYS.

;)

(Obviously: there's no change that can come to whirling blades that would have it make sense to operate in a platformer fashion like LS/LW. But it'd be nice to have a dexterity movement skill that does the job).
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
it need to be buffed to 2-shot whites with 2x daggers on low levels and oneshot whites after brutus with ipd recipe or with good ele rares. Just like any 2h weapon skill do.
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Последняя редакция: jstq. Время: 14 марта 2014 г., 15:11:14

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация