[Guide][HC] Fite's Detonate Dead Build (Scion/Templar/Witch)

"
I would honestly say Detonate Dead + Chance to Ignite + Elemental Proliferation + Fire Penetration is one of the strongest if not THE strongest 4-Link out there.
So even just using a 4-Link you will do tremendous damage starting at around level ~40 or so

I just tried this build on my lvl 51 templar in act 3 cruel zones.
Passive tree similiar to your suggested progress at lvl 50, but I have an Immolation cluster for more burning/fire damage. Im using 20% ele dmg mace.

I have lvl 1 Detonate Dead linked with Chance to ignite, ele prolif and fire pen(all leveled) and... the damage is pitiful :(

Its average if it comes to white mobs(as long as they are cursed with flammability) but killing blues is just painful. And not too mention yellow dudes. Often took me like a minute to bring one down. I didnt even try to go for Piety seeing how it works.

To compare, Searing Bond kills everything basically 5 times faster(with that build). And from all the builds that I leveled to at least lvl 50(LA ranger, ST Scion, GS maruder, Cyclone CoC discharger) this build fealt by far the weakest(damage/clear speed wise) around that level.

So im not sure what im doing wrong. But it doesnt look like "strongest 4 link out there", at that level at least. Not even close. Maybe im missing something? I dont know.
Are you sure its a good idea to start using DD at such low level and only 4linked?
Последняя редакция: nefczi. Время: 3 марта 2014 г., 16:18:16
very interesting idea indeed

do you really need to use the chance to ignite support? I mean, do you really notice it switching instead to trap with the unique belt or 2h staff?

don't you have sometimes life problems just running around without any way of leeching life or lgoh?
Did this build just get buffed due to the Desecrate change (and probable new location of Elemental Adaptation)? Or nerfed due to Saffell's change?

(Just kidding, it got buffed.)
Последняя редакция: Trophy_Machine. Время: 4 марта 2014 г., 3:49:07
now the rise of the phoenix should become mandatory on this build... saffel with lower spellblock and lower max resist = shit!

im only afraid about the life nerv on the scion skilltree... this build will be better starting from another char i guess.
Hi want to know what u think about new patch note.
(Desecrate: the maximum level of a created corpse has been changed to being higher than the required level of the skill. This scales up to a monster level cap of 100 by level 20 of the gem. Desecrate also now enforces a limit of 15 corpses at a time.)
"
nefczi написал:
"
I would honestly say Detonate Dead + Chance to Ignite + Elemental Proliferation + Fire Penetration is one of the strongest if not THE strongest 4-Link out there.
So even just using a 4-Link you will do tremendous damage starting at around level ~40 or so

Passive tree similiar to your suggested progress at lvl 50, but I have an Immolation cluster for more burning/fire damage. Im using 20% ele dmg mace.

I have lvl 1 Detonate Dead linked with Chance to ignite, ele prolif and fire pen(all leveled) and... the damage is pitiful :(

Its average if it comes to white mobs(as long as they are cursed with flammability) but killing blues is just painful. And not too mention yellow dudes. Often took me like a minute to bring one down. I didnt even try to go for Piety seeing how it works.

To compare, Searing Bond kills everything basically 5 times faster(with that build). And from all the builds that I leveled to at least lvl 50(LA ranger, ST Scion, GS maruder, Cyclone CoC discharger) this build fealt by far the weakest(damage/clear speed wise) around that level.

So im not sure what im doing wrong. But it doesnt look like "strongest 4 link out there", at that level at least. Not even close. Maybe im missing something? I dont know.
Are you sure its a good idea to start using DD at such low level and only 4linked?

I've had a similar experience, however! You need to level your Desecrate gem to an appropriate level and get used to luring rares into big piles of corpses to exlode. Desecrate doesn't do all that much, especially against resistant+life regen rares. Luring him over the white adds and exploding those does way more damage.

Really though a leveled Desecrate is what makes or breaks the build at the moment. The change in SotV might change that.
IGN Iiyoru (Ambush League)
"
DLimited написал:

I've had a similar experience, however! You need to level your Desecrate gem to an appropriate level and get used to luring rares into big piles of corpses to exlode. Desecrate doesn't do all that much, especially against resistant+life regen rares. Luring him over the white adds and exploding those does way more damage.

Really though a leveled Desecrate is what makes or breaks the build at the moment. The change in SotV might change that.

Thank you! That was actually something I missed. My desecrate was underleveled for my templar and the maps i was testing DD on(lvl 50-51 maps). Gem was only lvl 9(req lvl 43). I just used my high level character to level the gem to 12(required lvl 52 for my Templar) and the damage boost is pretty big. Its perfectly viable to use Detonate Dead at my lvl 52 Templar now, altho elemental res mobs still are a bit of a pain.

Despite that Searing bond is still a lot better ihmo(at that level) especially if it comes to dealing with unique monsters or bosses. Also the survivalability is noticably better with Searing bond thx to the fact that half of the mobs focus on totems insted of you.
With Desecrate i have to use potions much more often and have to kite a lot more than with searing bond.

But good news is that Desecrate is gettig a buff next expansion so it may be much more viable to use at lower/mid levels. RIght now Searing bond is much better option ihmo.
Последняя редакция: nefczi. Время: 4 марта 2014 г., 8:03:41
In a brand new league, would these build do better as a templar due to better availability of required skill gems?
"
nefczi написал:

not sure what to tell you, for me, leveling was a breeze - I was using a 6-Link and I was dual-cursing for a while mind you but I eventually ditched the dual-curse when I realized I one-shot with just 1.
A friend of mine leveled with a 4-Link and it was similarly insane in terms of damage.

That being said though, searing bond is completely bananas in terms of raw dps, but lacks the area of DD. So maybe you're just farming the wrong zones? I was doing Chambers of Sin (mostly lv1) and Docks most of the time.

"
DLimited написал:

This. Searing Bond is a nice addition for Rares :)

"
Jamezuh написал:
In a brand new league, would these build do better as a templar due to better availability of required skill gems?

Yes. I'm only a Scion for style!
Последняя редакция: Fite. Время: 4 марта 2014 г., 15:27:52
I will give this build a try in the new league ;)
"There is only one God, and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today." -Syrio Forel

HC-Only|IGN: OhneTemplerTemplar
DE Wiki: de.pathofexilewiki.com

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация