[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

"
Nephalim написал:
"
VenatorPoE написал:
"
Nephalim написал:
VenatorPoE and friends, do you have a suggestion for the 6th gem for lightning arrow? I'm torn between added light damage, penetrate light resistance and chain. The first 2 synergize well with projectile weakness while the last one synergizes well with conductivity however projectile weakness is much better in group play than conductivity.

Well put simply any of those would work, and I can also add in Pierce as the fourth option, to make you have a better headache. I would pick Penetrate Lightning.

One more option to add to this painful list: elemental proliferation!

Meh, shoot quicker.

On the other hand, it does sound cool. But aren't we stacking shock stacks fast enough already?
Последняя редакция: nivlek2. Время: 11 марта 2013 г., 16:58:46
It would depend on what youre doing but i imagine youre right. On high level maps with a large party elemental prolif could shine but if enemies are dying in a few seconds then not so much so. With limited testing ive founded added lightning damage to be superior to ele prolif.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
VenatorPoE написал:

Didn't want to take up the entire page with a quote

Thanks for the detailed response.

I knew the leather and steel didn't apply twice (that would be silly :p).

I don't understand how going for finesse is worth it anymore..
going the finesse route like you did, you get:
4% IAS
16% life
50 Dex
30% ele damage

going to acceleration, you get :
18% IAS (Accel + Bow)
40 Dex
10 int
20 Str
20% Projectile Damage
8% Physical with bows

To me, it seems worth it to go for accel.

I was planning on doing:
LA+WED+LMP+LoH+Chain
EH+WED+Leech+Faster Attacks
Spell Totem+Summon Skeletons+Faster Casting+ Culling Strike (this just seems good
Anger + Wrath + Grace + Reduced Mana
Curses or something

These are my current flasks, I acquired and rolled them as soon as I was 53. I'll reroll the proper suffixes when I have more disposable currency.

Скрытый текст

This is the 75 build I was thinking of doing. I did hp/ias/sp for bandits, so I'm down 1 point. I also picked up BM.
Скрытый текст
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBBLMFLQx9DjwOrRB_FCAUTRRxGNsZLhm0GjgdFCFgJ-0otSmlLOkyCTKJNuk6UkCgQapDnEp9UEdQUFRJVcZWBFfiWGNZ81uvXz9gS2CIYVJmnmegZ71yqXTtdPF35XrvfNmGYId2jM-PRpAKkFWboZ65n8uiAKcIpzCnhKyquJO53b6nwBrGnsbYytPNmM9l0NDUj9rd3Q3ext-_42rnUupi7Djub-8O707yL_Pd9kj3Mvjr-rH60vzF
IGN: dwreckedarc
Последняя редакция: dwrecked. Время: 11 марта 2013 г., 17:29:13
"
mmogamr написал:
I don't understand how going for finesse is worth it anymore..
going the finesse route like you did, you get:
4% IAS
16% life
50 Dex
30% ele damage

going to acceleration, you get :
18% IAS (Accel + Bow)
40 Dex
10 int
20 Str
20% Projectile Damage
8% Physical with bows

To me, it seems worth it to go for accel.

Alright so in the first list with finesse; there is 0 wasted stats. What you see is what you get, and you don't need to get any Dex bonus on gear to be able to wear Thicket Bow.

In the acceleration list, you lack Dex to run Thicket, which means you will need one of your items to carry the additional Dex. The INT is wasted, the 20 STR only provides 10 HP, 8% Physical with bows has a nearly ignorable value.

So with the rest of the stats, it is a battle of 18% iAS+20% Projectile Damage VS 4% iAS, 30% ele damage and 16% life. Subtracting the same amounts from each sides, we get: 14% iAS VS 10% ele damage and 16% life.

So the reasoning behind going for Finesse is getting in overall value about 10% HP more and enough Dex to not have to worry about it on gear.

It does come down to personal preference though, so pick whichever option you like most!
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
VenatorPoE написал:

Alright so in the first list with finesse; there is 0 wasted stats. What you see is what you get, and you don't need to get any Dex bonus on gear to be able to wear Thicket Bow.

In the acceleration list, you lack Dex to run Thicket, which means you will need one of your items to carry the additional Dex. The INT is wasted, the 20 STR only provides 10 HP, 8% Physical with bows has a nearly ignorable value.

So with the rest of the stats, it is a battle of 18% iAS+20% Projectile Damage VS 4% iAS, 30% ele damage and 16% life. Subtracting the same amounts from each sides, we get: 14% iAS VS 10% ele damage and 16% life.

So the reasoning behind going for Finesse is getting in overall value about 10% HP more and enough Dex to not have to worry about it on gear.

It does come down to personal preference though, so pick whichever option you like most!

Thanks again for a well laid out response. I didn't realize that you'd dip below Thicket level. It seems you need 179 and the Accel route gets only 174. I agree that some points are mostly wasted. I was likely overvaluing the Physical with bows.

Your way is probably slightly better with the life and such. You also open the door for those few % life nodes to the side for later.

Thanks again. I've been creeping on the thread for a while. Glad to get a nice response. I'll probably go with the finesse route.
IGN: dwreckedarc
Последняя редакция: dwrecked. Время: 11 марта 2013 г., 18:43:29
This is really not a very efficient build at all, think outside the box.

Here is my version that is 10x better :P

You will need a 40dex quiver with DEX mod on it, to make this work, to get 212 dex for end game bows.
Small sacrifice for what you get in return :P

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7fPdrKpyqXzZWfPAGpBVp4QaOOw4V-IyiXflBLMUTQJxogCDOO98PAWf34uM4XPtIEbXZp760h0Uj0anCLiTDH0Qf8ae0NDPZVXGm6Fnve5vxPY8Lcautz56uK6Tbqoyfj8nbj1gQ7XyqW54Db6KAdykGRv6Jd-E2WVNR35uacS41fi-p9JNwA_V7UCg704yCQUtYEt673Tt4uphIYTvAMymVzrhiPH-CvJF52PNmI1-t7bexupi-rEXHZst2t2bgw==

Keystone
Resolute Technique: Your hits can't be Evaded
Resolute Technique: Never deal Critical Strikes
Iron Grip: The increase to Physical Damage from Strength applies to Projectile Attacks as well as Melee Attacks

Stats
+320 to Strength
+120 to Dexterity
+110 to Intelligence

Life
221% increased maximum Life
4.4% of Life Regenerated per Second
+60 to maximum Life

Mana
32% increased maximum Mana
40% increased Mana Regeneration Rate

Physical Damage
8% increased Melee Physical Damage
8% increased Physical Damage with Bows
12% increased Physical Damage with One Handed Melee Weapons

Elemental Damage
50% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
31% increased Elemental Damage

Lightning Damage
20% Chance to Shock the enemy on hit with Lightning Damage

Resistance
+25% to all Elemental Resistances
+5% to maximum Fire Resistance
+5% to maximum Cold Resistance
+5% to maximum Lightning Resistance

Attack Speed
43% increased Attack Speed
6% increased Attack Speed with Bows

Armour
52% increased Armour
40% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
Ignore all Movement Penalties from Armour

Critical Strike
You take 30% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes

Misc
20% increased Radius of Area Skills
8% increased Area Damage
30% increased Effect of Buffs on You
45% increased Shock Duration on enemies
+2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range
36% increased Projectile Damage

Последняя редакция: Killia. Время: 11 марта 2013 г., 18:20:50
"
Killia написал:
This is really not a very efficient build at all, think outside the box.

Here is my version that is 10x better :P

Enough quoted. I read your whole post, to avoid any misunderstanding.

I will for the first time in this thread be rude and not only not provide any insight whatsoever into what you just posted, but hope that anyone who isn't quite familiar with this kind of a build won't be mislead by your post.
I think its better alternative to

"SC tree - Purity and more damage, less HP, Blood Magic support gem."
The new update coming live in a few hours introduces a new mechanic to Life Gain on Hit. Now it will scale with the Damage Effectiveness of the skill.

What this means in particular for the Lightning Arrow users: Lightning Arrow has a 70% damage effectiveness modifier, so Life Gain on Hit will only gain 70% of the tooltip value.

At level 1 LoH: instead of 6 HP per hit, you gain 4 HP per hit.
At level 5 LoH: instead of 14 HP per hit, you gain 9 HP per hit.
At level 10 LoH: instead of 24 HP per hit, you gain 16 HP per hit.
At level 15 LoH: instead of 34 HP per hit, you gain 23 HP per hit.
At level 20 LoH: instead of 44 HP per hit, you gain 30 HP per hit.

Obviously, this is a pretty significant nerf. While it does not render LoH unusable, it makes the player have to be a little more careful as to where he is shooting. This also puts another nail in the coffin of increasing the damage too high. You rather want to increase the attack speed, in order to maintain the increase in DPS, but also get more Life Gain on Hit effects at the same time.

An observation on the math behind Elemental Reflect and Life Gain on Hit: your tooltip DPS is NOT what you should check here. What you actually have to check are the integer values for each elemental damage type you deal. In my case, currently, I deal 42-76 Cold, 212-426 Fire and 99-957 Lightning damage PER HIT. Added up; 353-1459 elemental damage per hit. Elemental Reflect reflects 20% of the damage you dealt. Having 80% resistance means you cut that down by 16%, and you only receive 4% of the damage you dealt. In my case, that equals 8-58 damage, or on average 33 damage. My Life Gain on Hit, at level 17, with the upcoming update, instanly heals back 26 HP, instead of 38 HP it is now. So currently I will on average heal back more than I reflect; and with the update I will on average heal less than I reflect. That, also on average, means I reflect about 7 damage per hit. And here you have to stop and realize my LA will hit 3 targets (LMP), and then mini-chain to 3 more targets. So for each shot with my setup, I hit 12 times, so I actually average 84 reflected damage per shot. At my current attack speed, I reach 2.85 APS. 2.85 * 84 = 239 reflected damage per second, on average. So, do you now see how this seemingly little change to LoH actually affects me quite a bit? If I was using Chain; damage of each hit would be halved; and the amount of hits would instead of 12 be 36. That means I gain three times more life, but deal only 1.5 times more damage, and in this case, Life Gain on Hit remains a much better option than Life Leech (16.5 average damage reflected per hit; 26 HP gained per hit).

I hope this post helps anyone looking into how to min/max this builds potential to survive crazy situations in Hardcore.
Suddenly chain became much better option than faster attacks on 5L.
Последняя редакция: chaosn. Время: 12 марта 2013 г., 11:41:12

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация