[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

I tought a totem was mandatory, if u dont use one who tanks?
"
Camaron написал:

I tought a totem was mandatory, if u dont use one who tanks?

Your marauder can tank a lot of damage with good positioning and kiting.
Последняя редакция: Vitor5. Время: 13 февр. 2013 г., 2:35:08
Spelltotem + Faster casting + summon skeleton really makes hard bosses a LOT easier for me. Decoy totem seems like total crap compared to that. My "skell totem" can tank mobs for 20 seconds - decoy totem gets onehitted by almosted everything tanking for like 1 second.

Is grace + iron reflexes really worth it before lvl 65? Its a damn long way for a lil armor (and the near 30% ele dam ring) and everybody says armor sucks??

I plan to get that inner force ring before walking further down than blood magic (got Maraudar + Templar "start", static blows, unawaring and bloodmagic at lvl 48) with direct link to 6 more hp nodes if i need them (5*8% + Fitness)and inner force looks a lot more attractiv to me than the "long way" now.

Maybe you can just make your way to templar hp node and the diamond skin in the bottom middle and ignore iron reflexes and grace till ~70+.

With quill rain my two auras increase my damage by like 120% (sic!) so inner force must be really powerfull i guess.

Just wondering why it seems to be ignored in OP.

(sorry for not posting skill trees we have very old browser at work ...).
Long story short, that Inner Force ring is only as good as you think it is because you have Quill Rain, any normal bow won't have that much of an effect from auras. And scaling into late game, Quill Rain doesn't have any flat elemental damage bonuses and is very poor as a late game bow.

As for the Grace/IR/armor question:
The only reason I went all the way to IR right off the bat was because I was starving for dex to equip bows/skills. Is it worth it before level 65? Grace scales relatively slowly compared to the natural evasion curve you would want to keep the same physical damage reduction as you level. I remember around level 30 Grace would bump me to ~50% physical damage reduction, now (at level 64) it only brings me to 37%. But it's only worth it if you're getting hit right? Around Act 1 Merc was the point where I actually started kiting things instead of semi face tanking and life leeching, so around level 55 is the latest you'd want to get it (this is assuming you solve your dex issue with temporary dex nodes in the Marauder/Templar area).

Armor is better than evasion. A bunch of smaller hits is easier to control with life leech than a gigantic hit every once in a while.
Последняя редакция: seiferoth10. Время: 13 февр. 2013 г., 3:22:21
I'm a noob, wanting to use a bow on...well, some toon. What makes a bow marauder better than a bow ranger? Thanks!
How important exactly is phys damage on a bow?

Bow A's elemental damage is 47-94, with 40-101 phys damage

Bow B's elemental damage is 36-108, with 23-67 phys damage

The elemental damage is roughly the same, but the reason I'm considering bow B is because it has better socket colors than bow A.

Bow A has a lot more phys damage. Does that make or break the bow? How much does that matter?
"
How important exactly is phys damage on a bow?

Bow A's elemental damage is 47-94, with 40-101 phys damage

Bow B's elemental damage is 36-108, with 23-67 phys damage

The elemental damage is roughly the same, but the reason I'm considering bow B is because it has better socket colors than bow A.

Bow A has a lot more phys damage. Does that make or break the bow? How much does that matter?

It matters a little, but it's not monumental or anything. The reason being LA converts 50% of your physical to lightning, so physical damage is still used to buff up LA. Otherwise all the elemental damage nodes you should be accruing over time greatly buff up your elemental damage, making physical take the backseat (actually it's in the trunk, if we want to make this analogy accurate).

If it's a matter of socket colors, use a chromatic to get the colors you want. If it's something like Bow B has better sockets/links that allow you to use WED or Faster Attacks, definitely go with B, otherwise use your currency to fix A into what you need.
"
It matters a little, but it's not monumental or anything. The reason being LA converts 50% of your physical to lightning, so physical damage is still used to buff up LA. Otherwise all the elemental damage nodes you should be accruing over time greatly buff up your elemental damage, making physical take the backseat (actually it's in the trunk, if we want to make this analogy accurate).

If it's a matter of socket colors, use a chromatic to get the colors you want. If it's something like Bow B has better sockets/links that allow you to use WED or Faster Attacks, definitely go with B, otherwise use your currency to fix A into what you need.

What about:

vs

Using lightning arrow with LMP on it, would Death's Harp be better or worse? The reason i ask is the attack speed difference and the elemental damange of the other bow getting multiplied by passives.

Any ideas?

P.S. sorry if this was covered earlier in the tread I skimmed it and hadn't seen anything

"
I'm a noob, wanting to use a bow on...well, some toon. What makes a bow marauder better than a bow ranger? Thanks!

The thing i like about bow marauders is split arrow / LA + LMP with either life on hit or life leech, when combined with high hp, hp regen, and blood magic is very very efficient. You can descimate groups of mobs in seconds. I'm 57 and have been in Fellshrine ruins on merc since 55, and nothing can come close to touching me before i destroy them.
"
Doom2soon написал:
"

What about:

vs

Using lightning arrow with LMP on it, would Death's Harp be better or worse? The reason i ask is the attack speed difference and the elemental damange of the other bow getting multiplied by passives.

Any ideas?

P.S. sorry if this was covered earlier in the tread I skimmed it and hadn't seen anything

Easily the first one, it's not even close. MUCH more elemental damage + much higher attack speed (which synergizes very well with auras that give flat damage increases like Wrath and Anger).

Edit: And we have Resolute Technique, so that crit muliplier on the unique is useless.
Последняя редакция: seiferoth10. Время: 13 февр. 2013 г., 5:23:23

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация