[0.10.0] Build of the Week submissions

An update on Lnvalesco, a Righteous Fire Templar in HC.

Build has been completed and gear optimized.

This character is currently level 83 in HC.

What makes him special
1. This old man has balls. He uses RF in HC!
2. This templar wears pants!
3. Neither Saffell's nor Springleaf are used in the completed version of the build
4. This old man is no one trick pony. Unlike previous RF builds that have used RF as a primary DPS skill, this old man prefers to use it the way it should be used, a ridiculously powerful buff!

Some notable keystones used
- Avoid Cast Interruption
- Zealot's Oath
- Ghost Reaver
- Inner Force
- Elemental Adaptation
- +Endurance charge nodes + Life regen per endurance charge node

Idea of the build
Basic idea of this build is to use Righteous Fire as a spell damage buff, and to keep it up indefinitely. This is done by stacking up on HP (but not too much), HP regen (which gets converted to ES regen due to Zealot's Oath), ES and maxing out Fire Resists using Elemental Adaptation, Purity and Ruby Flasks when need be.

Build Stats
Stats: 2044 HP, 8369 ES, Base 412.9 ES regen/sec, 513.9 ES regen with 6 endurance charges up
Fire resists at 85%, 98% with ruby flasks
Chaos resists at 75%

In order to counter mobs with flammability curse or maps with elemental weakness curse, an attempt was made to overcap fire resists to the point where curses would not reduce it below 85%. It is currently at 126%.

Because of Inner Force, RF does 130% of max hp per second as fire damage to self, which is about 2657.2 DPS. Because of reduction due to fire resists, it does approx 398.58 DPS, which is still lesser than the base 412.9 ES regen. In other words, ES can still regen despite having RF on!

Overall spell damage due to the str + iron will bonus as well as spell damage mods on items amounts to about 201%. Due to RF's buff which provides 81% MORE spell damage as a level 18 gem, it provides an additional 160% increased spell damage bonus which is rather substantial. (This amount might actually be higher, I'm still not sure if Inner Force affects the spell damage buff from RF although it would make sense if it did)

Gear
Скрытый текст

Special effort was made to find high ES gear as well as gear with life regen mods (which would be converted to ES regen) as well as gear with chaos resists, so as to minimize the amount of chaos damage taken.

To counteract the effect of chaos damage without having to use flasks, "+life gained when you kill an enemy" was also very useful as it replenished life directly to the HP pool.

This build isn't overly-reliant on uniques. Astramentis was used mainly for convenience as it saved me from having to spend skill points speccing into dex nodes to use my dex skill gems. The huge amount of attributes it provided also boosted my spell damage, mana, ES and HP.
Rime Gaze was also more of a luxury item as it provided me with an extra link on my firestorm.

Flasks
Скрытый текст

The life flask has the dispel burning mod on it and acts as the "switch off" button for RF.
Granite is for extra protection against physical damage mobs
Ruby flask is used in place of Quicksilver and acts as a movement speed boost due to the adrenaline affix. It also allows for quicker regen of ES due to the reduction of RF's DoT.
Mana flasks are used for mana.

Skills Used
All DPS skills are linked with Iron Will to provide an additional spell damage bonus to be further buffed by RF. They are also linked with mana leech to allow for spamming of abilities without the need to to worry about mana regen. Close-up target spells are linked with life leech for defensive purposes.

Freezing Pulse for close-up DPS
Fire Storm for long-range single-target/AoE DPS or for party/map farming
Molten Shell for protection as well as to do insane burst damage.
Ice Nova for AoE if surrounded. Combination of both Molten Shell and Ice Nova is pretty lethal.
Enduring Cry to gain Endurance Charges (6 is the limit)
Elemental Weakness is the curse of choice.
Righteous Fire for spell buff.

Auras used: Discipline, Vitality and Purity

Examples of gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqRftHns7GQ - at level 72
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLBeEomNBMk - at level 83

Current skill tree:
Righteous Fire
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Последняя редакция: Invalesco. Время: 18 февр. 2013 г., 8:37:04
"
DroppingLoads, the anti-CI Righteous Fire Templar. This character is able to sustain Righteous Fire and low-life for massive damage bonuses in exchange for being 1-shot by chaos attacks. ;)

"
YeahPete написал:
St. Elmo's Fire - The Dual Totem, Elemental Equilibrium, Minion Explode, Dual curse, Fire Trap Templar

"
Invalesco написал:
An update on Lnvalesco, a Righteous Fire Templar in HC. This character is currently level 83 in HC.
Examples of gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqRftHns7GQ - at level 72
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLBeEomNBMk - at level 83

These three are just way too cool.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
My build is finally done, and it took me awhile to edit my post (back in page 2) since a lot has been changed in my character. Hopefully this build captures enough interest. ;)
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Invalesco I am trying this build out, and so far it's amazing in HC. Just got to cruel, and mowed down Normal. I know i am far from getting into the real good part of this build, and have a few questions going forward.

First my current build. I stuck with the templar side to get all the defenses I could so far.

At 900 HP, and 500 ES resists are all over 60 in merciless.

So sitting where I am now I was wondering if I should finish off the tree going towards Marauder, and then start working towards Ghost Reaver?

At which point should I seriously consider using Righteous Fire?

I killed all the bandits in Normal, what did you do for Merciless?

Any tips for the 40's and 50's levels?

Последняя редакция: amkronos. Время: 17 февр. 2013 г., 19:56:01
Name: Runitsthecia
Class: witch
Build: 2 totems extreme survival
level: 70+
normal play style .. cast 2 fireball totems or a mix of fire ball and skelly .. then cast flammability. the 2 totems have gmp and cast speed so needless to say its a chain gun. most everything melts. the damage is not huge but you cant die normally. if you come close to dieing then just slam the quicksilver pots and run for your life.
atm i have over 4 k es with ci and 78 res with purity up. its a really tanky build and works well on any map.

passives: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMFWwdjB6URUBJpFVAW8xccGmwdFB8CJjwnqSlPKo0snCynLL8vnTbFNtg62DvhQ2NG10kbSbJN2FcrWPVZ81orXcZgbWaebRlxTXF5c1N65n1Tfll_xoFvghCCm4dliEKLjIx2j0aXhZrPnC2drp3Enjyio6PypwinK6-3toa3MbvWwBrAVMHFwfPDbdR82CTa3d3z37Dhc-L35CLmgedq7BjsOOxV7SDxbPId-tI=

thats pretty much it. have fun trying it its a fun build to use. and easy to get used to .
Name: SwampAssKing
Class: Templar
Build: Elemental Machine Gun
Level: 36

A build that focuses on using quill rain with elemental hit and elemental equalibrium. It's surprisingly simple but very effective, only requiring a single attack skill and no setup on regular enemies. Most skill slots can be used for buffs such as molten shell or blood rage. The downside is that this is an incredibly mana hungry build, requiring eldritch battery, the templars early mana regen passives, mana regen on gear and the clarity aura with ways to buff its effect. I have also picked up the Goldwyrm unique boots purely for the 60% mana regen on them.

My current skills are elemental hit with the weapon elemental damage, faster attacks and fork support gems; clarity and determination with a reduced mana support gem; molten shell, decoy totem, Elemental Weakness and a purity aura that is usually left turned off.

Skills I hope to be using later include Haste for even more attacks and Blood Rage for frenzy charges to increase attack speed even more. I would cover up the health loss from blood rage by eventually getting a 5-linked piece of armour so I can add Life Gain on Hit to my elemental hit, with the possibility of replacing fork with chain. This would lead to massive amounts of life gain so long as I keep my mana up. If a 6 link were ever possible then a mana leech gem would likely be necessary.

The current passive skill tree:

What I hope to use later:

I would take all nearby health nodes as soon as possible before grabbing elementalist, inner force, static blows and the 3 elemental walker nodes. After that I'd venture into the middle of the tree to attain necessary mana regen, useful buff duration, resistances, more elemental damage and finally attack speed.

I think this build is unique due to the (possibly abuse) use of elemental hit's added base damage on an item with high attack speed, when mixed with equalibrium creates a diceroll element while still being highly effective. The build deals nothing but elemental damage without using spells and could likely be the biggest abuser of life gain on hit ever. The downside of the build is still very obvious - its need for more and more mana. I imagine even with a mana leech gem stuck on there I'll need to use a full belt of hybrid and mana flasks.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Последняя редакция: Wooser69. Время: 19 февр. 2013 г., 19:10:36
Invalesco im a big fan of ur shadow builds and followed most of them but now i wanna play templar and i see that u have a sick build. But however there is something i want to ask.

Above Zealot's Oath node there is 3x "Energy shield on shield" nodes. Why have you skipped/ignored them into ur build? THey basically give u 90% extra ES on ur shield.
Invalesco,
I am a fan of your dagger crit shadow and now this RF templar but was curious as to your thoughts on taking increased defences from equipped shield or increased energy shield from equipped shield nodes. With your shield at level 83 you would get another 35% increased defences from shield with only four points invested or a straight 90% increase on energy shield on shield with only five points invested.

This equates to an 434 energy shield before other bonuses (assuming i'm multiplying in the correct order) with five points invested.

With four points invested you would get an extra 169 energy shield before other bonuses, not to mention all of the other shield defences increasing another 35%.

Just wondering your thoughts on this

Edit: see post above with relatively the same question :) sorry
Последняя редакция: illicitasu. Время: 20 февр. 2013 г., 12:41:54
I would usually try to avoid posting stuff like that in this thread since it's for botw submissions, but since both of you asked it here, i'll reply here this time :)

both of you raised very valid points, so I ran some calculations.

"
Current ES = 8438 ES, Total ES Bonus = 201% from nodes, 81% from Int (406 int)
Base ES = 8438/3.82 = 2208.9 ES

Shield ES = 482

5 nodes spent to get 90% Increased ES from shield = 433.8 extra base ES

New base ES = 433.8 + 2208.9 = 2642.7

5x8% Incr. Max ES nodes given up in favour of +10 int and 4 other nodes = -38% Incr. Max ES

New ES bonus = 161%% + 83% from Int (411 int) = 244% increased max ES

Final ES = 2642.7 x 3.44 = 9090.89 ES.

Edit: Just found out that I got the formula wrong. Increased modifiers don't stack. Did some testing and found that the actual formula is actually:

Base ES x Incr. Max ES modifiers + Incr. Shield defences modifiers. In the above case, the actual result is actually:

"
Current ES = 8438 ES, Total ES Bonus = 201% from nodes, 81% from Int (406 int)
Base ES = 8438/3.82 = 2208.9 ES

Shield ES = 482

5 nodes spent to get 90% Increased ES from shield = 433.8 extra base ES

New base ES = 433.8 + 2208.9 = 2642.7

5x8% Incr. Max ES nodes given up in favour of +10 int and 4 other nodes = -38% Incr. Max ES

New ES bonus = 161%% + 83% from Int (411 int) = 244% increased max ES

Final ES = 2208.9 x 3.44 + 433.8 = 8032.416 which is inferior to 8438 ES.

Hence conclusion is that incr. shield defences node is inferior to incr. max es nodes

P.S. Try to avoid posting questions regarding my build here in the future, save it for the thread in templar forums so as not to clutter up this thread :)
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Последняя редакция: Invalesco. Время: 20 февр. 2013 г., 16:45:53
I like the smell of burned .... EVERYTHANG

Hello everyone my nickname is kapitankapusta and I play a level 77 Ranger called AmazonianBrute in the default league.

This build of the week submission probably differs from most submissions since I by all means do not have the "min max" mentality nor do I compare builds or do lots of theocrafting. I simply love the diversity this game has to offer thats why I created tons of characters during closed beta and this open beta. While most of them simply wont make it far into the game my ranger build is having little to no trouble in higher level areas. I also mainly play solo.

Lets get to the interesting part, the skills AmazonianBrute is using!

#1 Explosive Arrow
"

Thats my bread and butter skill if I encounter a huge pack of enemies. I use a lmp+pierce combo because pierce only downside is a 10% mana usage increase while offering a 50%+ chance to pierce trough enemies and stack those arrows.

#2 Burning Arrow
"

This one is mainly used as a single target damaging ability. I use weapon elemental damage and added fire damage to increase it´s damage.

#3 Flame Totem
"

The flame totem is great to "aggro" pack of monsters or bosses. I use it if I dont have any room to kite or fast enemies(blues, yellows, oranges). It is linked with firepen+ironwill+lmp.

#4 and 5 Anger and Wrath
"

My gear is no that great yet so I have not finished linking reduced mana to anger. Other then that it is probably self explaining.

All this obviously would not make any sense if you haven´t seen the Skilltree yet.
Here we go:
Скрытый текст
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAdEDxgSzBS0GDgguCfYOPA6tFCAUTRRxFSAY2xkuGY4aOCFgJa0n7Si1KU8ppSpNLOkyCTJ-Mok1hjWSOlI6sz8nQKBDnESeSn1OyFBHUFBUSVYEVvpXDVfiWGNZ81uvXz9gS2CIYVJj_WegbqpyqXTtdPF253fleu982YKbhmCHdozPkAqQVZuNnrmezZ_LokCnMKeErKqv67ndv9XAGsbY0iHTftSP2WHdDd-_51LsOO2D7g7vDu9O8i_0-PZI_MU=

At the moment im respecing my leather and steel and the small life node in the duelist tree thats why it looks somewhat messy. It should look like this when max level:

As everyone probably saw I use weapon elemental nodes and fire damage ones. That actually limited my choice of jewelery and quivers. They mainly focus on phy-fire or add fire damage while provide some resists.

"

Also I use the blood magic node so I wont require mana flasks. These are my flasks of choice:
"

This wall of text should be enough :D I´ll just link a video here at the end so everyone who is still interested can actually see it in action. I doubt this will make it into the series I still think 1 or 2 will enjoy this post and that makes me happy inside :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij4fc1bCD3E&feature=youtu.be
*I do apologize for the bad quality of the vide I messed up the recording settings :(
Последняя редакция: kapitankapusta. Время: 21 февр. 2013 г., 8:00:23

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация