GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

Even I disagree with Scrotie most of the time he made sense and I appreciated his posts as it contributes to the discussion. That said last few posts of his are nothing but reflection of going pure apeshit.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
"
tinko92 написал:
"
empressaria написал:
"
Temper написал:

It doesn't matter what options will be available for custom leagues.The point is,they will split the player base.

Why would splitting the player base be a bad thing? Most people already play alone, especially with carto boxes making it much easier to sustain a high map pool.

I'm also baffled by that splitting argument.
Yet nobody mentioned increase of the player base.

I believe people meant that an increase in the player base would be an incentive for GGG to release a SFL. In D3 you don't really interact with people outside of bounties and rifts, so it's not like an increase in the amount of players would really impact player interaction in a SFL.
The reason I'm against trading is that I don't like to feel that someone else is playing the game for me.
"
ignarsoll написал:
Even I disagree with Scrotie most of the time he made sense and I appreciated his posts as it contributes to the discussion. That said last few posts of his are nothing but reflection of going pure apeshit.

Same.
"
Shagsbeard написал:
The reason I'm against trading is that I don't like to feel that someone else is playing the game for me.
In return, you're playing the game for them; it's a two-way street. But, yes, that's actually an extremely accurate description of what is going on — instead of solo farming, it's cloud farming.

I don't always mind cooperating with others to achieve a goal. Sometimes I do mind. It's situational.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Последняя редакция: ScrotieMcB. Время: 27 апр. 2014 г., 18:11:17
At the end of the day SFL will never ever make it into this game. It's pretty clear. It's their game and their way. I've said this in the past and I'm sure I'll say it again: I can't wait to see how this all pans out a year or two from now - and how these major decisions on ostracizing large chunks of possible clients is going to turn out for them. It's not just SFL but also any type of casual player. Only time will tell.

I can only hope that you major proponents of the game still have a game to play. I'm reminded a lot of high school when it actually mattered to everyone what others thought of you... at least for a few years until people moved on to University - and then watching "the power" just fizzle to nothing when everyone wakes up and realizes just how ridiculous it was to even care. Loved watching that jock who made fun of everyone flipping burgers... just how I'll chuckle to myself when GGG goes bankrupt. Not really out of spite... just because I already see it coming heh.

That "exclusive" club shattered all over the floor. =p

The equivalent of flipping burgers will be when the core development team have to get new jobs - hopefully for them still in the industry - but likely not. They kind of squandered their opportunities regardless of how you feel about SFL or HC or SC or whatever-core... they lost out big time by trying to be so exclusive.
"
empressaria написал:
"
tinko92 написал:
I'm also baffled by that splitting argument.
Yet nobody mentioned increase of the player base.

I believe people meant that an increase in the player base would be an incentive for GGG to release a SFL. In D3 you don't really interact with people outside of bounties and rifts, so it's not like an increase in the amount of players would really impact player interaction in a SFL.

Interaction within an SFL? That is not the point. The increase in player base is directly impacting the whole game, because it directly means more revenue for GGG. That's the point.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
Isbox1 написал:
they lost out big time by trying to be so exclusive.

This to me, is the only reason they have been so successful to begin with. There are plenty other casual ARPG's that do casual better. They are fucking up trying to please both crowds already. I lost quite a few off my friends list when fusings were buffed and more when map drops were buffed. The only thing that remains "questionably" hardcore is the grind for items which coincidentally is what a good portion of people are bitching about throughout the forums. SFL doesn't really affect that though, at least with the more realistic proposals of it.
"
Worldbreaker написал:
"
Isbox1 написал:

This to me, is the only reason they have been so successful to begin with. There are plenty other casual ARPG's that do casual better. They are fucking up trying to please both crowds already. I lost quite a few off my friends list when fusings were buffed and more when map drops were buffed. The only thing that remains "questionably" hardcore is the grind for items which coincidentally is what a good portion of people are bitching about throughout the forums. SFL doesn't really affect that though, at least with the more realistic proposals of it.

They were only successful in beta because vanilla D3 screwed up and players were driving the "indie devs better than industry juggernaut at their own game" hype train faster than the speed of sound
"
xXx_EliteHardcorePro_xXx написал:
"
Worldbreaker написал:
"
Isbox1 написал:
They were only successful in beta because vanilla D3 screwed up and players were driving the "indie devs better than industry juggernaut at their own game" hype train faster than the speed of sound
That's a great explanation for why people found out about PoE; it's a crappy explanation for why they stuck with it.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Последняя редакция: ScrotieMcB. Время: 28 апр. 2014 г., 0:31:00

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация