Best places to farm for gear in act 1, 2 and 3 once you get to cruel diff and higher?

As the title sais.

Again, its for gear, not xp
Going to bump this as I'm interested as well.
Also heard that I need to get items with Quantity find, but I've only ever seen 2 of these across 5 characters ranging from level 30 to 55 and checking the vendors almost every level.

I heard of Farming "The Ledge" "Felshrine ruins" and "The Docks"
But I'm quite sure those where suggested for leveling, not loot.
I've had quite a bit of success farming Hilock and the Prison in Act 1. The Hilock runs took about a minute each and so far I've received three uniques over the course of about a hundred or so runs. I get a full inventory of rares every 15-20 runs. It might not seem a lot, but you have to keep in mind that it takes about a minute to do.

Then, I do both of the prison levels as they are small and dense, with a unique monster on each level, with the Warden who drops quite a healthy amount of loot. I receive at least two rares from the warden per run, never less.

I have yet to farm Act 2 as my survivability is lacking but what I aim for is smaller areas with more enemies. I know everybody likes Fellshrine Ruins but I think the area is too large and sparse to be farmed efficiently. I'm going to try out all the dungeons in Act 2 to see which one I can farm efficiently. For me, efficiency is based on encounter rate, time, and survivability. For an example, the Church will be easy to farm as I've stacked quite a bit of resistances and I don't have archers constantly bleeding me. I can leap slam from mage to mage and avoid most of the damage. Should I take damage, my resistances help quite a bit.
Hillock? theres a farm I havent thought of, but farming hillock would require making a new character over and over wouldnt it?

As for the prison, yeah theres actually a fair number of unique monsters on there plus brutus who gives alot.

Any other places that are good for farming gear? I need to upgrade before I move forward and I want to know for when I make my eventual Hardcore character.
"
dasichri написал:
Hillock? theres a farm I havent thought of, but farming hillock would require making a new character over and over wouldnt it?

As for the prison, yeah theres actually a fair number of unique monsters on there plus brutus who gives alot.

Any other places that are good for farming gear? I need to upgrade before I move forward and I want to know for when I make my eventual Hardcore character.

It doesn't actually, as soon as you get to Cruel or Merciless difficulty you receive a Waypoint at the first map you normally spawn as a new character.

you can't get this waypoint on Normal difficulty.
Hillock farming... never thought about that either. Might do a bit of that once I hit merciless
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
some theory crafting, I would think the qualities of a best farming spot for gear would be

1. the enemy level must be as high as you are or fairly close so the item level is good enough.
2. fairly linear so that you can go to 1 end, reset instance, repeat to other side. also this avoids having to wonder "did I miss a pack in that corner"
3. you want to have enemies you can handle. like not a ton of mages with multiple projectiles that can 1 shot you :P

as to where those places are? not too sure, but those would be the criteria i'd used to determine if a place is good.

also item quantity is best for this since you dont want already magic or rare gear. since most of the time they are going to not have 20% quality. instead you want to look for a white item that has at least 5% quality or more on it with the correct socket amount, and socket colors/fuses. this way you can craft your own rares with the correct types of mods that you actually want and also be a 20% quality item (white items get 5% quality with every use compared to a rare which gets only 2-1)

Happy hunting
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/120959 My guides
Wait what? what do you mean? About white items getting 5% quality with every use compared to rares.

Also, how do you even craft your own rares?
"
dasichri написал:
Wait what? what do you mean? About white items getting 5% quality with every use compared to rares.

Also, how do you even craft your own rares?

He's talking about Blacksmith Whetstones and armor scraps. They increase the quality of an item by 5/2/1 percent for white/blue/yellow respectively. I think they do give 1% to uniques (orange), but I'm not 100% sure.

You can craft rares by using an orb of alchemy on a white, an orb of chance on a white (random chance to create magic/rare/unique), or upgrade a magic to a rare using a Regal orb. Regal orbs are fairly rare and valuable, so they are typically saved for late/end game crafting.
ya all those currency items you've been collecting, arent just for trade. they actually do things and help you improve your gear.

I suggest taking a look at the crafting guides, and also the vendor recipies, some things that may look like trash, could actually be very valuable stuff, especially if your farming gear. things to keep in mind for the early game is always pick up chromatic gear (gear with all 3 colors linked up, doesnt matter how many of each color as long as its all 3) Superior items, and small rings/flasks/belts and of course magical/rare/unique

the chromatic is self explanatory, you sell it to vendors, they give you a chromatic.

the superior items can either be very valuable to you since they can easily be made into a 20% quality item and then upgraded to magical or rare. or if its something you dont use, store them and sell them to vendors once you have a combine value of 40% quality. this will give you a blacksmith wetstone if they were all weapons, or armor scrap if it was all armor, same works with flasks for glassblower bobble and skill gems for gemcrafter's prism

as for the rings flask and belts part, well that'll help build up your base stock of scroll of wisdoms, since whenever your bag is full, you'll end up with empty gaps of 1x1 or 2x1 or 1x2 slots, well these items will take care of that, and if you end up finding something better that can take up the space, then might as well toss it, better safe than sorry I say.

once you get a good amount of wisdom scrolls, orb of transmutation, orb of alteration, and chromatic gems. you can start hording items and at this point you might want to buy more bag space cuz it'll fill up quickly. and then you can start hording to sell for regal, chaos, and other prime orbs. just check the vendor recipes and remember you can only get 1 item at a time. you cant put in like a combination of 80% and hope for 2 quality items, instead you gotta break it down into 2 sales.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/120959 My guides

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация