So.. if you can alt f4 and disconnect out and avoid death, is hardcore really hardcore?

If you have time to think about alt+f4 you have time to run away and live in game.

If you don't have time to alt+f4... well your dead because you got bursted or reflected yourself.
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
I think logging out is instant actually, Kripp did it in his stream right after Byrr died, because he was surrounded by fire golems and his hp was depleting fast, then he logged right back in and was safe, so his character must have been taken out right away

"
soranamae написал:
I think logging out is instant actually, Kripp did it in his stream right after Byrr died, because he was surrounded by fire golems and his hp was depleting fast, then he logged right back in and was safe, so his character must have been taken out right away

that's what bought if to my attention watching that.

tbh I did think it was a bit laughable - the only reason so many of the higher HC char's died was due to an unexpected corpse explosion, I'd put money on the fact the higher levels would die much earlier if they couldn't 'exploit' this probably unintended escape. Usually you can see if the craps going to hit the fan, and have enough time to practice it, I noticed Kripp took a couple of attempts in the space of a few seconds, so it's well-practiced.

I vote for 5-10 second combat timer to prevent this - similar to the 'delay' in using a portal.

it's not really hardcore if you have a get out of jail free card for most situations.
Alt F4 is a windows command, not a game command. You can exit any program this way.
"
soranamae написал:
Why not? It takes skill to be fast at logging out when the shit hits the fan, and it still didnt save all the top HC players who died today

Diablo 2 was also like this... D3 was the stupid one that introduced the log out timer for no reason, and Im guessing thats where you are coming from

okay... Not every single thing about D3 is poison. I know it is really easy to score fanboy points around here by bashing it. Start thinking though.

The log out timer is a great idea. No making a town portal during a boss fight is another great idea. Those are 2 good apples (not the only 2) that came from a poison tree IMO.

As for taking skill to log out.... Come on. You can not be serious. You hold alt and tap F4. I bet people actually write little scripts so they just have to tap a side button on their mouse or something. That is not skill. That is not hardcore. Being able to force a DC is not a game mechanic, it is either a design flaw or a safety net for carebears.
The problem is that 3rd party programs can be written to log you out with a single key or even when your character gets down to a certain life threshold.
macro mb4 to alt+f4
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
I see in streams people logging out too, not just killing the program. I have to say, it takes all the excitement out of watching someone playing hardcore PoE in a stream. I am watching and, oh no - he looks like he's in trouble, he's so high level, he's risking so much, OMG it looks like he's going to... oh, he just logged out to avoid death. World class log-out though, I must admit :) I think this is worth discussing, to me it seems like an exploit when PoE is pretty much the standard bearer for hardcore gaming, and PvP and Cut Throat League and competitve ladders are getting geared up. GGG will figure this out - it should be formalized and incorporated into the game or disallowed. I mean, this affects not only hardcore, but PvP and Cut-Throat if I am seeing it right.
Watch Krips death and ask yourself why he didn't aft-F4. I think you'll find the answer to your op question.
"
WhiskeyDex написал:
"
soranamae написал:

As for taking skill to log out.... Come on. You can not be serious. You hold alt and tap F4. I bet people actually write little scripts so they just have to tap a side button on their mouse or something. That is not skill. That is not hardcore. Being able to force a DC is not a game mechanic, it is either a design flaw or a safety net for carebears.

Cooool story bro, when when your character gets stuck because of a bug and can't do anything, have fun in default.
Twitch.tv/Nithryok

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация