Linking lottery madness. People really participate in these?

The lottery hosts' take on all of this:

Последняя редакция: f4sak3n. Время: 8 июля 2014 г., 4:53:41
Make no sense?

The reason why I played the "lottery of 6L" is to help someone to get his first 6L.

Why I can't help others in this game?

Benefits or rewards? That's not the most important thing as we participated such event, because we all know how hard (or how simple)it is to get one 6L chest or weapon by oneself.
That feel when nobody gets OP's point :D sad.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
mazul написал:
"
iamstryker написал:
"
GooberM написал:

You may need more or less Fusings to get a 6L too. At the beginning of Ambush, a guy did a lottery for his Voltaxic which took some 3500 fusings. He streamed the whole thing over a couple nights. He saved a ton of currency and some lucky guy got 20ex for his couple fusings. There was a big thread about it.

But that same guy probably has a 6 socket sitting in his stash

It isn't enough that he has a 6 socket sitting in his stash, it has to be of a good base too so that 6-linking it gives 20 exa in reward if he were to sell it.

Having a such 6 socket base sitting in stash is unlikely for lottery participators.

I think its fairly likely that a player has a carcass jack, lightning coil, cloak of defiance or something like that in their stash. If it isn't already 6 socketed then they can do that themselves. Or screw it they can just get on xyz and buy one and ANYONE can afford to do that, they aren't expensive. In my example a 6Led lightning coil sells for over 30ex. Thats a lot more profit than any lottery that I have seen, using gear like that.

"
Malone написал:

I 6L-ed my ( leg ) Shav after 2200 fusing with a 8ex lottery, and both the winner and myself were very happy.

The winner should have simply tried to 6L some of his own gear. 8ex for achieving a 6L is pathetic.
Standard Forever
Последняя редакция: iamstryker. Время: 8 июля 2014 г., 10:15:02
"
morbo написал:

You can also spend far more than 10ex on fuse and still not get a 6L.

What does that have to do with my OP? People winning these lotteries probably aren't putting in that many fusings. They put in a handful of what they have and hope to get lucky. But either way they will have a safer and more rewarding experience simply by trying to link something of their own.

"
The answer to the original question is; why people play lottery in RL?

A lottery in real life is safer and people don't have a much better alternative such as linking their own gear.

"
annasuperaa написал:

The reason why I played the "lottery of 6L" is to help someone to get his first 6L.

I guess I can exclude people like you who are able to just throw away fusings for the fun of trying to help someone else.
Standard Forever
Последняя редакция: iamstryker. Время: 8 июля 2014 г., 10:20:18
"
iamstryker написал:
"
morbo написал:

You can also spend far more than 10ex on fuse and still not get a 6L.

What does that have to do with my OP? People winning these lotteries probably aren't putting in that many fusings. They put in a handful of what they have and hope to get lucky. But either way they will have a safer and more rewarding experience simply by trying to link something of their own.

"
The answer to the original question is; why people play lottery in RL?

A lottery in real life is safer and people don't have a much better alternative such as linking their own gear.

"
annasuperaa написал:

I guess I can exclude people like you who are able to just throw away fusings for the fun of trying to help someone else.

Safer? Really? Burning around 2k or 3k in real cash compared to a few pixels in this game. That is safer? Let alone the minuscule chance the big jackpot is yours. Lotteries are about making a profit for whoever holds the lottery. At least in this game if you get someones item to hit 6L you might actually end up with a few ex or so while IRL you could play forever and still not win a damn dime.
"
iamstryker написал:
"
Hodari написал:
Similarly, a fusing here or there won't make much difference for some people, but suddenly getting 20ex certainly will.

My thread is about how people don't need to do these lotteries because they can do it themselves and it will be safer and potentially more profitable.

If a 6-link item is 32 exalt, you have non 6-link version of the item, have only 20 exalt, are honest, and don't mind the hassle of running a lottery.... why would you not run the lottery?

For 20 exalt you are guaranteeing success and saved yourself 12 exalt. What's more, if you choose to use the 20 exalt to buy fusings and attempt the 6-link yourself, while you could win and be ahead by more than 12 exalt, you could also be the unlucky bastard that blows through 7600 fusings before achieving success. Or worse, you could end up broke and still not have a 6 link.

There is a reason people resort to lotteries. Crafting is broken. Time played means nothing.
Последняя редакция: Galtrovan. Время: 8 июля 2014 г., 10:36:18
I'm not sure why the OP has trouble understanding this...the reward that players set up for their lottery is generally lower than the average cost of 6-Linking the item themselves...on average, the person creating the lottery profits much more than if he were to do it himself.
To the previous two posters: I got the impression that the OP was asking why people participate (i.e. donate fusings) in lotteries rather than why people host them.

rcftw
Последняя редакция: f4sak3n. Время: 8 июля 2014 г., 11:27:24
Here how it goes:

- Non streamer is running a lottery while having two absolutely identical items in his inventory. He runs it safely until he gets a 6L absolutely for free (get a 6L, link a non linked item in chat - profit). That's why you should never trust non streamers.

- Lottery host gets a 6L and pays you nothing. Game support wont help you because you did it on your own free will, no one forced you to participate. Your yells about somebody being a scammer will not have any effect but irritate people so they will call you an idiot for trusting somebody in an online game.

- Lottery host gets a 6L, pays you 10 exalted orbs and is rolling on the floor laughing at all the people those spent 4000 fusings combined to make him a 6L.

A daily reminder that lotteries are a scam.

Oh and if you have participated in a lottery just to help somebody to get their first 6L - give your fusings to me, i am in dire need of your help.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация