Arctic Armor without Discipline?

I was wondering if it's possible with the new patch to run arctic armor without investing in discipline so that I can drop all the aura nodes from my build. Lets assume for discussion's sake that I will use the following:

Cloak of Defiance for MoM
Eldritch Battery
Inner Force cluster
As few ES nodes as possible?

Does anyone know how much mana/mana regen I need to get from the skill tree and gear to run a level 20+ arctic armor? I've never built a character with a high level one, but am highly interested in it. An example skill tree and gear from someone who is making it work in 1.2 without using discipline would be awesome.

Also, if I'm not using discipline, should I still get EB and use a bit of ES gear if I'm also trying to minimize my ES passive points? Or is EB a waste at that point and I should shoot for just mana/mana regen?
If the only auras you're running are Discipline and Clarity, you shouldn't struggle much for mana with Eldritch Battery and intelligent investment in ES, Mana, and Mana Regen % nodes.

Most players advocate the use of reduced mana reservation so that they may run higher level Purity of x auras in addition to EB/AA. These auras help make up for lacking elemental resistances and +max resistances, which are even harder to access following the 1.2 patch.

Thus purchasing mana reservation nodes can instead be viewed as purchasing sizable amounts of damage mitigation at higher levels. In short, path your skill tree nodes near these aura passives and invest in them when you feel the need to add some +resist% and max resist to aid in your survivability. It could mean the difference between getting obliterated by reflect mobs and spiking elemental damage or coasting through the game.
If I don't want to run Discipline, and instead just clarity and a purity, is it still possible to run a high level arctic armor? I guess I have 2 real questions:

1) Is it more efficient to

A) Do the standard practice where you grab aura nodes, and then run clarity, discipline, and a purity.

or

B) Instead, drop discipline and drop all the aura nodes and all the traveling nodes you used to get to them, and compensate by picking up some more mana/mana regen from the passive tree and gear.

The only reason I'm contemplating B is because it seems on the new tree that mana passives require way fewer traveling points to get to than the aura ones.

2) If I end up dropping discipline, that makes EB a lot less powerful. Would it be possible to run AA without that as well?
Just for reference, here is the build I was playing around with (lvl 75):

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAAuMHpYIQ37AsnEmyUDBMs0wtEQ_bXiKBnqFWSo48F1Tfimr6DlxFflPUjYLR5J8BBAeD21XGOlhfKuvkSVHw1QcelS5jQw5IEZZd8nBSidNw1d-EQsOMNgL-YeJVSyaVU1JFnZrg6-64k836fIMRLcaeEH8MfYLHKPr56P4Ktz5Bh9i9NZKmV03j_o864fJFuMo7fA_EoqN_xq6zQZYFQtD1akPAVLzqaxeVIC0fCPRtGcHzy70HYxa_Vyu9gg==

I was planning on running life based Ice Spear, and as you can see, other than the influence cluster, it takes 4 travel points to get to any of the other aura nodes.

Any other criticism of the tree is welcome.

That's your solution. You should easily hit 250-300 mana per second if you have over 50% regen on each ring.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация