Update 2.6 - Rose's Wild Strike Hybrid Elementalist

Last updated on March 5th at lv 90.

Good day, exiles. This is one of my funnest (imo) builds I've made. It's a Wild Striker hybrid Elementalist. It doesn't use any "cheats" like bypassing the difficulty of scaling the skill by using Oro's Sacrifice. It also doesn't use crit. Instead, I wanted a tough yet still fairly hard hitting Wild Striker that scales the skill the way it was "designed to be played."

The build is currently lv 90 with 5,200HP and 5,250ES and this is without expensive, GG min/maxed gear. Without 20/20 gems and without Rally Cry or Onslaught up, the build is self buffed to a tooltip DPS of 180K. Keep in mind that tooltip for Wild Strike does NOT include the elemental aftermath portion, so the real DPS is... I don't really know. It might actually be the same, simply repeated or transposed to different targets. With all buffs up and with an auramancer supporting me, I have broke the 1 million tooltip mark here in patch 2.6. I still don't entirely know what exactly gave me such an increase, but I imagine it has everything to do with how the build takes advantage of multiple scaling mechanics.

The build isn't super expensive either, so long as you hound poe.trade for good deals. I do, however, use a Disfavour (which IS expensive) I saved up for so I can have that juicy damage.

Video guide HERE: https://youtu.be/r4ZxA7NfOJI

Tree:poeurl.com/7F0 The tree linked here is a lv 95/97ish one. use the lv 88 one in the video to see what is most important/comes first.

How the build works
Offense
Скрытый текст
The build uses 2 handed physical scaling as the main focus in the talent system because scaling the base physical damage scales every portion of the attack, regardless of what it rolls. However, only tags that do NOT specifically say "melee" in the nodes will scale all portions. The Elementalist ascendency helps scale the elemental portion while also giving the build an extra golem (which is a massive gain, especially with helm enchants). For gear, damage is scaled via physical % with a rustic belt and three sources of % weapon elemental damage.

Defense
Скрытый текст
Warlord's Mark and Vaal Pact combined with a large combined life and ES pool are the bulk of the build's defenses. However, the build also uses Fortify gained with Flicker Strike as well as potions and Vaal Discipline. For passive defense, two separate CWDT setups give the build Immortal Call, Molten Shell, and hands-free golem summoning.

Gear
Armor
Скрытый текст

Jewelry/accessories
Скрытый текст

Weapon: The Disfavour is expensive. It took me a long while to get one. You can use a Doomsower or other decent rolled rare as a substitute in the time being.
Скрытый текст

Flasks
Скрытый текст

I don't entirely know how linking on the forum works so hopefully you guys can always see the gem links/etc even if I upgrade/change things up. I iz a forum n00b.
Последняя редакция: RoseAndThorn. Время: 10 марта 2017 г., 1:38:39
Last bumped23 марта 2017 г., 3:18:29
Well... That's new.

It made me wanna try.
Wanted to say I just killed Abaxoth in the arena of a Shaped Pit Map! I had been looking for him for ages and always wanted to do it on my tank. But I just randomly got him and I took him down! It was a rush, but not as tough as I expected. All the adds from the arena and his spawns gave me mountains of leech with VP and potion charges. This build might not have meta tier damage, but I'm very happy with its defensive capabilities. Sadly, Abaxoth is no longer an achievement so I can't link it for you guys here and I didn't have it on video :(
why added fire instead of elemental focus?
"
why added fire instead of elemental focus?

Elemental Focus would indeed boost the converted damage then the procced, secondary effect, yes. But Added Fire is a raw gain scaling off of physical damage dealt and it does affect all parts of the attack. Would Ele Focus mean better damage for the arc, explosion, or ice wave? Possibly, yes. But Added Fire comes with the benefit of not killing your elemental status effects like Ele Focus does. Remember, the build does have the inherent chance of doing shock and chill and ignite. Also, check the enchant on my boots. The synergy is nice.

So yeah, that's why I use Added Fire instead of Ele Focus, although technically both would work.

As a side note, I was already going to update the thread to say the following: if you have a 6L Disfavour (or whatever weapon you're using) go ahead and put in Increased Melee Damage Support. As I said in the vid, it doesn't increase your AoE damage, but your single target will be much better (which is what the build lacks more than anything). Just move the Herald of Ash to the chest; replace Enduring Cry. You don't really need Enduring Cry for the charges when you have way more leech from your attack, so this works out without needing an Unset Ring.
As some of you may know, WS got a conversion buff in 2.6 so I think it's relevant to give this build a little bit of an update.

I have since upgraded the build to a 6L disfavour (dropping End Cry) and using Melee Phys Support Gem (which helps single target more than anything).

Between the buff and it being 6L now... I don't entirely know where the damage is coming from but the build is like... nearly twice as good as it was as far as DPS goes.

With aurabot support, I broke 1 million... ONE MILLION... tooltip dps the other day. Like I said, I don't entirely know where the numbers are coming from, but they are there. I might do a video update because this build deserves it at this point. I'm rather happy with myself.
"
RoseAndThorn написал:
As some of you may know, WS got a conversion buff in 2.6 so I think it's relevant to give this build a little bit of an update.

I have since upgraded the build to a 6L disfavour (dropping End Cry) and using Melee Phys Support Gem (which helps single target more than anything).

I came across your build and it looks really fun! I'm currently leveling a witch and planning to try it out.

I may have missed this somewhere but I didn't see anything listed about bandit choices.

This is a bit of a long term question: For the nodes on the far left of the tree that increase axe damage - should I look for an axe (instead of Doomsower) or would those points be better spent elsewhere until a Disfavour is affordable for me?

Apologies if these are noob questions, I am still quite new. Thanks for any help!
"
Serenn написал:

I came across your build and it looks really fun! I'm currently leveling a witch and planning to try it out.

I may have missed this somewhere but I didn't see anything listed about bandit choices.

This is a bit of a long term question: For the nodes on the far left of the tree that increase axe damage - should I look for an axe (instead of Doomsower) or would those points be better spent elsewhere until a Disfavour is affordable for me?

Apologies if these are noob questions, I am still quite new. Thanks for any help!

Normal - Oak for life
Cruel - Oak for physical % or Kraityn for attack speed. I prefer Oak since we are, after all, scaling physical. Up to you.
Merc - Oak or Kraityn. Oak will make you tougher and make your Immo Call last longer. Kraityn will give you more damage from the extra frenzy charge. Up to you.

For the passives until you get a Disfavour... if you find a decent Axe, do the passives as is shown. If not, and a Doomsower is all you have, take the node clusters Blade Master and Razor's Edge (right below the axe nodes) and reallocate them once you get the Disfavour.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация