Howaa Frostblades - Best clearspeed - Shaper Down

Pros:

Satisfying oneshots, even t15 bosses. Might hit them 5 times, but with 10 attacks/second who cares.
Scales on everything
75% critchance with diamond flask
Can do both physical (not surprising) and elemental reflect. Also without vinktar. Atziri is an exception
Can get extreme amounts of energy shield
Shaper down!

Cons:

Scaling on everything, also means its really hard to cap out gear. Thankfully nobody wants the jewels we want
feels awkward in no leech. and cant do bloodmagic. Thats about it. Also, havent succesfully taken down shaper yet. But it will happen!
Energy shield is expensive. Especially with good resists and high int. Lots of people using howaa
Awkward levelling in merciless, from lvl 50-68. After 68, we can equip Howaa, and get unwavering stance, from here, time to skill crit and last jewels, and we are good to go.

My build is based on my experience from leveling raider to lvl 93, inquisitor to lvl 96, and finally elementalist to 95 in 4 days. Elementalist just outshined inquisitor past lvl 93.
getting 78% lightning penetration with 100% uptime is just big!

Just like the standard howaa, starting out is all about astramentis + howaa weapons. Without forgetting hand of thought and motion for leveling. Rest of gear is preferably rare.
There is no reason to necessarily replace astramentis. Im using a 55 str ring, to make up for my str loss.

Unlike most builds. I didnt see a reason to make awkward skilling for getting a lot of +int jewels. Instead im using the best 2, 1 dex convert and 1 str convert. This leaves a lot of room for resistances, critmultiplier, and if we are really talking big. % lightning damage.

Gem setup:
Скрытый текст

6l: Frostblade, multistrike, critical strike chance, faster attacks, weapon elemental damage and lightning penetration
4l: CWDT lvl 21 with lightning golem and ice golem lvl 21 and vortex to chill bosses in melee.
4l: Enlighten lvl 3+, purity of lightning, discipline and flame dash. Mobility is win. Cant say how many times flamedash helped me in lab or mapclears
4l: Ancestral protector, weapon elemental damage, lightning penetration and either faster attacks or minion and totem resistance
3l: Herald of thunder, curse on hit, assasins mark
3l: Whirling blades, fortify, faster attacks

This is my current skill tree
Bandits: Kill/kraitlyn or kill/kill
Скрытый текст
http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAQEjAAB-34pUrn3SIvRtGRFQNbmnK2wLkyd_xsHF7BiP-tDQX2oRlg5Ik5WtMxnXXfIqC3BSidOMNisKES--iqEvUUfnVCT9_9431O0_DY1br5AKFHWkwk4q2sGE72EhZKMB3ITZxLjV-G5pvqd1y-piGlU26EZpAeenMJ_LLlPTbyPTbyeaao9gFfZieQAGLL8V14auVmNW-t1GY6cRge4Oo4r5Y5XM73rTfkMxTP-NvwW1wuy0xdvnRwZsCPGKoqMPxDt8uMoajVsmf_vo1usUIurDOio4m7WExVhaUilV4OXmnMS3InfXMFusl5WHHYPUB9yNF6QTNZD6321Mi-9LAAAAAAA=

Moving quickly onto the gear from, what has been the best league ever for me. The clearspeed is just that darn good! Havent found any big items. No skyforth, no acuity, no shavronne. Just flatout 2-3 ex drops adding up, with the addition of easy uberlabs.

Скрытый текст

Jewels
And for the jewels im using: I cant link them and equip them at the same time, so sry for the textwall: The most expensive rare jewel cost 20chaos. I have 1 emperors mastery, and 1 emperors wit. We need 1 str to int convertion jewel at duelist area, and 1 dexterity to int convertion jewel at ranger. Leaving 6 open jewel slots for your likings at lvl 95. I prefer 4stat with all resistance, since resists are hard for this build. Good ES is more important on gear. The Emperors are expensive and funny luxury to reach big amounts of int, without spending all nodes on picking up stats. You can just use astramentis like the meta. It will work all the way! jewels have 8-10 all resist, crit multiplier for coldskills/melee skills/ lightning damage. Here is a link for my search http://poe.trade/search/itomimiteokika

The math
Скрытый текст

423k dps when solo will attack with the totems dmg of 230k dps. This is a combined dps vs single targets of 653k. Since elementalist and the setup gives us a total of 78% lightning penetration, we can at least multiply this damage by 1.03, for 3% more. (Vs mobs with capped lightning resist at 75%) But for a lot of content it will be even bigger. Since I am not using elemental focus to achieve my damage. My skills will be able to shock for themselves for even more clear dps. 50% critchance base = 50% chance to shock. with 10 attacks per second, stuff will get shocked. Mixed with this, there is pointblank. Which is the perfect 2point wonder for frostblades. The projectiles start at melee impact. And our melee range is 9 from claws+2 from passive+22 from frostblades gem. The range is big. And anything behind the target will take 50% more dmg. Isolating targets quickly for the solodps and ancestral protector to deal with singletargets equally fast.

more than that, we get 60% accuracy and 60% critchance from ice golem, and 20% attackspeed from lightning golem. Combined with 40% increased lightning and cold damage because of having golems. The cold damage doesnt do much. But hey, its free. Finally we can add that its pretty doable to get a 8%/9% claw with culling strike. And even if it only procs when that weapon is hitting. so half the time. That weapon still hits 5times on average each second. So no big deal. Culling will increase our dmg by close to 10% vs single target. And single target has always been the issue for frostbladebuilds.

Low Budget Ideas
Скрытый текст

For low budget, focus on getting that astramentis and a 5l 750+ es chest. Buy either a icegolem/lightning golem hubris helmet and chaosspam for 300 es + some intelligence.
both are superior to 40% increased frostblades damage in my opinion. Especially because, when you get a better helmet. You will be able to sell it again. Frostblades isnt seeing much interest. Lightning golem 150% gives 15% increased attackspeed, which also works for the totem and for your whirling blades, where as frostblades 40% dmg would only benefit frostblades.
rings, work on high resist rings. with intelligence, and some good luck, weapon elemental damage. Its not a must though. Dont obsess with howaa rolls when starting out. Get them cheap, cheap will work. the intelligence belt is kind of a hazzle. But its the same hazzle for spectral throw raider or bladeflurry berserker, or any other howaa build. Boots and gloves are great statfillers, any resists + int will work. just aim for 150 es on boots and 120es on gloves from start. You will be able to speedclear t11+ in no time. Guess how ive started farming. :)
But you must enjoy frostblades, and its autotarget mechanics with multistrike. Its sparks with less range, but more dps. What they do during vaal sparks. With the right gear, we can get forever! Maybe even more.

Rounding this out with some afk screenshots
Скрытый текст
Dmg afk in hideout after a map, golem and pendulum is up
Скрытый текст

Dmg fully buffed with totem and 3 powercharges and golems and pendulum up
Скрытый текст

Ancestral protector damage same as the above in buffs. This is our bosskiller mode
Скрытый текст

This is the defence, taken in hideout. It never really changes
Скрытый текст

Lastly a nice buffed dmg with auramancer. Which doesnt even kill vs reflect maps: OP. Totem hits 700k dps meanwhile
Скрытый текст

Последняя редакция: Svingel. Время: 5 февр. 2017 г., 17:49:12
Last bumped2 февр. 2017 г., 18:51:28
looks great.
thumbs up!

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация