[3.0] Beginners Friendly: Dark Pact Skeleton Necromancer [Build in Progress]

Prologue

Since Dark Pact is a very recent skill that been introduced with the new expansion Fall of Oriath, I decided to give it a try. I began with the thought that since the new skill is chaos damage plus the use of minions I am going to avoid the Physical/Elemental reflect obstacle; If this was combined with a possible high damage output from the unknown yet Dark Pact then we would have a new powerful beginner's friendly skill.

The gameplay is very simple, you pop-up a spell totem that constantly raises skeletons and then you apply upon then the dark pact, doing even with a low quality gear, descent damage with a huge area of effect, mainly result of the combination of skeletons that scatter around the place right upon your enemies and the AOE effect of the dark pact that covers almost all the screen clearing the mob-packs quickly. The bosses are melting fairly quick considering, and the main problem exist when you lose all of your zombies thus losing your decoying meat shields and the ability to cast your Dark Pact unhampered.

Right now, I am at level 71, still playing as SSF with four linked low-quality items, I just entered the maps unlocking step by step the Atlas [level 73 white maps]. I had totally 7 deaths mainly because I am below the average players, the total life/energy shield still sucks, 2K life & 1K energy shield and the only defenses are the meat shield provided by the zombies and the two curses, Temporal chains & Enfeeble casted by the CWDT gem. Four of those deaths was at Kitava act 10, one in the act 9 - Garukhan fight, one stupidly enough in a trap in lab cruel, all of them with the elemental resistances uncapped. The last and most recent death happened at a double boss fight in a level 73 blue map this time with the ele/res capped – one charge shotted from Voll.

Update 0.1
Скрытый текст
I now use, the Amplification Rod unique wand connected with the Dark Pact as a pseudo 6-Link.

Updated the Skill Gams, Passive Tree, My current gear & Useful Unique Gear, Leveling and Video Content sectors.

Skill Gems
Скрытый текст

[DARK PACT]
4-Link: Dark Pact - Added Chaos Damage - Controlled Destruction - Void Manipulation (I am experimenting with the Spell Echo instead the Ctrl Destr).

In a 5-Link I will add the Increased Area of Effect for mobs and it will be substituted with the Concentrated Effect for boss fights.

With the use of the Amplification Rod we have Dark Pact - Void Manipulation - Concentrated Effect.

[AUTOSUMMON SKELETONS]
3-Link: Spell Totem – Summon Skeletons – Minion Life (the more life the skeletons have the more damage Dark Pact deals.)

4-Link setup (When we using the Amplification Rod) Spell Totem – Summon Skeletons – Minion Life - Faster Casting.

[THE DECOYING MEAT SHIELD & THE MAIN DEFENSIVE MECHANISM]
4-Link: Raise Zombies, Minion Life, Fortify Support, Minion Speed.

[CURSES & GOLEM]
4-Link: Cast When Damage Taken L1 – Temp.Chains L5 – Enfeeble L5 - Flame Golem L3 (Auxiliary defensive mechanism plus damage amplifier.)

[Auto Desecrate – Flesh Offering]
3-Link: Cast When Damage Taken L2 - Desecrate L8 - Flesh Offering L8

[Auras]
Clarity (very helpful for spamming the Raise Zombies skill)

Discipline (Extra energy shield)

I used the Purity of Elements trying to cap my resistances, until I managed to find better item and to unlock the Masters. It is obligatory to cap the Res. from the beginning of Act 9 if you play Hardcore.

For movement I use the Flame Dash, if you have an extra slot combine it with the Faster Casting, it will make the Flame Dash more reliable, since you have to keep the distance from every lethal mob somehow.

[Passive Tree Level 73]
Скрытый текст
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAAQHBLMGSQj0DXwN4hCXES0RUBNsFScWbxhqGmwc3CL0JKoo-iqYLJwy0TbpOVI6WDwFPV9Bh0QERUdFnUiOTLNSU1NSVcZXK1fJWAdcQFxraPJqQ2qsa9tsC20ZdZ58g30Yf8aCx4PbhEiHy4hAjLGPGo_6kDOTJ5f0muCboaEvogCmrKcrp5usmLc-uJO86r2Cvoq_l8BmwcXDbck9zLzPFdAf04_T-9i92QvfiuNq6QLr7uwY7IPsiu987-vwH_Ie99f56PqA_gr-sw==?accountName=poetech&characterName=DarkyPacty[/url]

My remaining big nodes are the Hex Master to boost my curses, the Light of Divinity for more spell damage and the remaining of life and energy shield nodes.

My experimenting with Minion Instability didn't gave the expected results to excuse the sacrifice of my main defensive mechanism so I removed it.

Bandits: Kill them all for the +2 passive skill points.

[Ascendancy Nodes]:
Скрытый текст
I started with the [Spirit Eater] to boost the damage of my minions plus to support the Desecrate/Flesh Offering combination.

Second was the [Becon of Corruption] for the extra chaos damage plus the chaos res, very useful for the end game content.

Third was the [Commander of Darkness] Damage buff plus extra elemental res.

Finally, I am going to pick the [Mistress of Sacrifice] for the damage buff throughout the Desecrate/Flesh Offering combination plus it buffs all the skills that have the duration tag, Spell Totem, Curses etc.

[My current gear]
Скрытый текст

Useful Unique Gear
Скрытый текст
This is one very useful and very cheap unique item you can use to make the Dark Pact a psedo 6-Link.
It has already upon the Increased Area of Effect, the Spell Echo and the Controlled destruction and we can apply the Dark Pact plus the Concentrated Effect and the Void Manipulation.
I have seen a 2.5K damage increased in the toolkit with this addition so it is a very recommended upgrade to do until you find a 6-link armour or something more powerful.

[Stat Priorities]
Скрытый текст
Defensive Stats:

1.Life

2.ES

3.Resistances

4.Dexterity

Offensive Stats:

1.Minion Life

2.Spell Damage

3.Chaos Damage

4.Minion Damage

[Leveling]
Скрытый текст
As a SSF I gave priority to find normal 4-linked items mainly with blue and red sockets and then I crafted them with essences or alchemy or if I was lucky enough I used normal items, regardless the number of sockets, with the new orb of binding from the new Harbinger League.

I started with the Fireball + Arcane Surge Support and the Raise Zombie.
Level 4 take the Contagion to level it up but don't use it yet.
Level 8 take the Minion Damage, Void Manipulation & Spell Totem.
At level 10 took the Summon Skeletons and linked with the Spell Totem, took the Minion Damage and linked with the Raise Zombies, took also the Clarity that it will help to sustain the mana while we spamming any spell.
Level 12 I dropped the Fireball and used the Contagion plus the Essence Drain linked with the Void Manipulation. I used this setup plus the Faster Casting and the Controlled Destruction until level 28 that I got the Dark Pact.

The Essence Drain can use the same support gems like the Dark Pact is using except the Increased Area of Effect.

Check out the Skill Gems sector to know beforehand what gems you must pick up, even if you can't use it for the time being, because it is important to level them up until you have the linked sockets to use them.

[Video Content]
Скрытый текст

Epilogue
I will appreciate any useful tip, suggestion for how can I transmute the build from the SSF to the end game with e.g. useful unique items, different skill gems etc.

Thanks for reading; have a nice time,
until next time .... "What in God's name is that SMELL?"
Twitch link: https://www.twitch.tv/georgestwitchshow
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF1u9tibYRmnzO4Rz49I8PQ
Последняя редакция: poetech. Время: 18 авг. 2017 г., 23:41:07
Last bumped6 сент. 2017 г., 6:16:06
what do you mean by your dark pact does more damage with more skeleton life?
Dark pact will take away a flat 6% life away from your skeletons to do the listed chaos damage. I don't think the amount of life your skeleton is relevent.

If you are using skeletons' life to cast dark pact, try this setup.
Dark pact - spell echo - faster casting - arcane surge support (low level)

Spell totem is slow. It casts at 30% less speed. If you are just placing skeletons at the mobs that you are tagetting so you can cast dark pact at them, it would be much faster this way.
Also you need to have more than 3 skeletons out to have that +2 chain from dark pact. Less than 3 skeletons, it won't chain +2 times. So with this setup you will have 4 skeletons out faster than your spell totem can cast 1 skeleton. Also you can cast skeletons whereever you want but spell totem casts skeletons right in front of the totem.
Also keep arcane surge support at low level so that it kicks in right after you cast skeletons at the target and you can get that extra damage for sure.

Try this and if you like it we can talk more.
Cheers
"
NymphQueen написал:

How can you miss that 6% of (100) is just half than 6% of (200)?
(Sorry, I also thought that the 6% would also determine the dealed damage, as with RF)

"
Also you can cast skeletons whereever you want but spell totem casts skeletons right in front of the totem.

A spell totem casts its spells always directly to where it's aggro came from (in front/on top of the enemy). And as long as its in range of the monster you 'curse' with DP, it doesnt matter much where the skeletons are (best would be, out of trouble from getting hit)

You other suggestions: what hinders us to have the totem up some time before the 'battle'? Just one second to have 3 skellies before casting DP, or just cast it again if the interaction between skellies and DP 'needs' it? Echoing DP doesnt give you more skellies per time. (not sure if it still works to give double totem output) - so only use there is to trigger Arcane Surge?
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Последняя редакция: Mr_Cee. Время: 15 авг. 2017 г., 5:50:32
Ok, so this is what I am doing.
It's a 2 separate cast setup. First, you cast skeletons to place them near the mobs. Second, cast DP to get AoE damage burst ouf of the skeletons.
These two skills are on separate link. Skeletons are supported with faster casting and spell echo so you can have more than 3 of them asap. I am not a totem kind of guy but I tried this with spell totem and it was so slow I almost killed myself.
Echoing DP won't give you more skeletons but echoing skeletons does. The point in echoing skeletons is to have more skeletons fast so you don't waste the +2 chain from DP. Speed is a key in this setup. Waiting around the totem for skeletons to pop is just too slow or at least not my style.
Cheers,
This is my new favorite build :P

I have to agree with self casting the skeletons it gets more out faster and I feel awesome summoning my minions :D Necro for life boyz
Последняя редакция: leepoeaccount. Время: 17 авг. 2017 г., 16:34:14
"
NymphQueen написал:

The 6% removed life is added to the base damage so the skill does scale with minion life.

Life has been busy this league so I only have a few hours of play time in and level 37, but this is similar to build I'm slowly working on. Will be life based summoner focusing on grabbing all the minion nodes on tree. Thought about stacking spell damage to increase dark pact damage, but decided to try minion route instead. Wife and kids away this weekend so should be mapping Saturday night.
Playing a similar build (dual totem DP with self cast skeletons with spell echo and the unique jewell adding +2 skeletons/cast) and I think when it comes to support gems faster casting and spell echo is better than added chaos damage even those the tooltip says added chaos is better as it does not include the damage from skeletons life.
Hi Exiles and thanks all for the replies!
"
NymphQueen написал:
Dark pact will take away a flat 6% life away from your skeletons to do the listed chaos damage. I don't think the amount of life your skeleton is relevent.

As already has been mentioned Dark Pact takes away a 6% of targets life to deal that much chaos damage plus the listed chaos damage. The above link is an additional prof of that
http://imgur.com/a/Yj8h4

One more clarification is that, indeed the Spell Totem summons the Skeletons upon the mobs, which with the addition of faster casting it doesn't feel slow and with what I have experienced even with out the Faster Casting Support gem it isn't so slow to negatively impact on your gameplay and your viability.

The self casting Skeletons is a great variation, that I am going to test it further for to have more info to compare. I have upload a comparing video just for to showcase the differences of gameplay since I am at very early maps and therefore I can't compare them with more substantial criteria.

I hope to find time the weekend to proceed a bit more into the Atlas.
as always have all a nice time,
until next time ....
"What in God's name is that SMELL?"
Twitch link: https://www.twitch.tv/georgestwitchshow
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF1u9tibYRmnzO4Rz49I8PQ
Последняя редакция: poetech. Время: 18 авг. 2017 г., 13:07:15
Oh.. intresting..

Almost the same build Im running except I went the road of dual totems.
One for DP and one for skeletons. Lots of freedom to run one each or two of one kind.

Последняя редакция: Dharall. Время: 6 сент. 2017 г., 6:16:33

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация