[3.0] RoseRocks FirePen MagmaOrb Elementalist - Life/MoM

Hello, wellcome to my 3.0 Version of my MagmaOrb build. (2.6 Version)

I played this build a lot in Legacy League and had a lot of fun with it. So I made a Life-Based Version for 3.0.

Pros & Cons
Скрытый текст

Pros:
- Relaxed and Safe Map Clearing
- Medium Clearing Speed
- Up to 82% Fire Pen
- Good Damage (239k Shaper dps in Path of Building, without Flasks + only Lvl 20 MagmaOrb)
- Good Effective Life Pool

Cons:
- Need to press a lot of buttons
- Need some skill against more difficult bosses
- MagmaOrb Effect and Sound could be annoying for you
- No Facetank-Build
- Difficult to play against fast, high damage bosses(i.e. Chimera, Rigwald)

Completions
Скрытый текст

The Guardians
Shaper
Uber Lab
Normal Atziri

Videos
Скрытый текст

Gem + Links
Скрытый текст
6-Link(Chest):
MagmaOrb - SpellEcho - Elemental Focus - Controlled Destruction - Fire Penetration - Concentrated Effect

For MagmaOrb Skill Description, take the Wiki Link:

Why no Chance to Ignite?
Скрытый текст
Due to the Ignite nerfes it doesn't deal enough damage(its just ~2000k Ignite dps) to compensate the loss of the "more Spell damage" Value in exchange with Ele Focus.

4-Links:
CWDT - Immortal Call - Warlords Mark - Tempest Shield
Orb of Storms - Arcane Surge- Increased Critical Strikes - Increased Area of Effect

Where does Warlords Mark get casted and why do we use it?
Скрытый текст
If Warlords gets triggered with CWDT it gets casted on the location of the Mob which hit triggerd the CWDT.
Warlords gives us more sustain during mapping. Every time it triggers due to a hit(DoT don't trigger CWDT) a mob pack gets Cursed with warlords and we leech a good amount of Life AND Mana(both good because we go wit MoM).

Also we need to use our Life Flask just in dangerous Situations and not every time, when 2 or 3 little Mobs hit us.

<= 3-Links:
Flame Dash - Faster Casting
Decoy Totem <-- Very Important! It's you're best defensive Skill!
Clarity - Arctic Armour (- Enlighten)
Lightning Golem - Flame Golem - Culling Strike

Don't forget the Culling Strike! The execute for every mob, which has less than 10% Life is really useful. Especially against Bosses. (Only problem can be, that the golems are a bit unpredictable in attacking)

Gear
Скрытый текст
Armour Pieces
Скрытый текст
Chest:

Infernal Mantle is Best in Slot in my Opinion.
It gives us a lot of nice stats:
- +1 Fire Gem Lvl --> Boosts MagmaOrb to Lvl 21 --> +3 Chains of MagmaOrb
- Increased Fire Damage
- Fire to Chaos Conversion --> reduces Reflected dmg --> 85% Fire dmg(gets reflected), 15% Chaos(doesn't get reflected)
- ES is just a bonus, which prevents that every small hit decreases our life pool and leads to a more relaxed Map running.

Otherwise a Tabula Rasa is a good option. A rare chest should also be viable. Before i got my Infernal Mantle I went with a rare 5L and then with a Tabula.

Helmet, Gloves, Boots
Here I recommend minimum one AR/AR+ES Base for the CWDT-Setup(it has 3 Red Sockets!)

Important Stats:
- Life
- Resistances
- Mana/Mana Regen

For the Rest I took pure ES - Bases because it increases our Effective Life.

The "Magma Orb chains 2 additional times" Enchant is Quality of Life, because it makes clearing more relaxed and safer.

If good rare Helmets with this Enchant is too pricy, go for a white helmet and use alterations until you've got a good life and a good resi roll. Use an regal Orb and master craft it. (I did it it this way)

The "+30% Movement Speed" is very very important! Otherwise your >>really<< slow. Trust me, this build and probably the whole game is much more fun to play with a good movement modifier.

Boot Enchant:
Скрытый текст
As Enchant try to get this:"Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently". Its the best offensive choice for Boss fights.

Enchants like the Attack and Cast Speed/Adds 45 to 68 Fire Damage to Attacks and Spells if you've killed recently get to nearly same dps(less 1k difference), but won't take effecte against the most dangerous bosses. And to be honest: We have enough damage for clearing.

Main and Off Hand
Скрытый текст

Wand:
Important Stats:
- Spell/Fire Damage (minimum total(Fire dmg + Spell dmg) should be 100%)
- Cast Speed (I recommend a minimum of 20%)
- Adds Fire Damage to Spells (take as much as your pocket allows)

Shield:
Chernobogs Pillar

In my opinion a really good choice because following very useful stats
- Much Life
- Adds Fire dmg to Spells
- Fire Resistance
- 25% to Curse non-Cursed Enemies with Enfeeble on hit --> No complication with Warlords, because existing Curses have a higher Priority due to the "non-cursed".
- Its cheap (my was 3c (Life and Fire dmg roll nearly perfect)

Accessories
Скрытый текст

Important Stats:
- Life
- Resistances
- Mana
- Mana Regen
- Cast Speed
- Attributes

Amulet Base:
I recommend the Paua or Plue Pearl Base, because of the Mana Regen(due to MoM, it also can be interpreted like a partially life Regen.)

Flaks
Скрытый текст

Mana Flask is useful because we go with MoM

- no discussion in Anti Bleed and Anti Freeze
- Anti Curse on Movement Flaks is very helpful for Temp Chain Maps(but only run temp chains on maps where you're shure you can deal with the boss), for Silence ghosts, hexfont Mobs and Strongboxes which cast a random curse.
- Atziris is a large dmg and survive ability - look for 15% ele roll
- Wise Oak is a large dmg boost if your uncapped fire resi is higher than the cold or lightning resi - look for 15% Penetration roll

Jewels
Скрытый текст

- Two times, look for 15% Inc Fire dmg
- Place one into the Socket near the Witch Start and one in the Socket near the Templar Start

Stats for the rare Jewels:
- 7% Inc maximum Life
- Cast Speed
- Spell, Projectile, Area, Fire dmg

Also look for the more specific Version like Cast speed with Fire Skill or Spell damage while holding a shield.

I recommend to rate Cast Speed higher than Damage in the Jewels - mostly the DPS is higher or the same than with pure dmg mods, and it also increases the cast speed of your other Spells like Orb of Storms and Flame Dash, which makes the build a bit smoother to play.

Passive Tree(incl. Path of Building pastebin) + Ascendancy + Bandit + Pantheon
Скрытый текст

Passive Tree:
30 Points
60 Points
90 Points
103 Points
Lvl 92 - Tree(113 Points)

Path of Building pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/T9gJ5CVm

Ascendancy:
Paragon of Calamity -> Mastermind of Discord -> Liege of the Primordial

Bandit:
- Help Alira

Kraytin is also an Option, but then you need more Ressis on your gear.

Pantheon:
Major God: Brine King - take all extra mods - the anti freeze is the most important mod
Minor God: I go with Abberath, but also Yugul and Ralakesh are good options

Benchmarks/Stats to get
Скрытый текст
- minimum 109% of all elemental Resistances(after Act 10) to run the ele Weakness Map mod without getting under capped. A bit more is recommended, to lower the effect of mob Curses.
- ~ 6k max. Life
- ~ 1.6k unreserved Mana (1.8k would be optimum, because that's exactly 30% of 6k, so the MoM Effect would be completly usable)
- enough Mana Regen(around 230 / 240 should be fine) to nearly compensate MagmaOrb Mana usage
- ~ 1k ES

I also recommend to get to round about 0% Chaos Res after Act 10, to get a better deal with poison.

Leveling
Скрытый текст
I leveled this build from Act 1 to Endgame with MagmaOrb. So this section can seem pretty unnecessary.

Short form: You doesn't need leveling gear. You just can run this for leveling like a league starter.
Useful Uniques:
- Tabula Rasa
- LifeSprig
- Wanderlust
- Goldrim

Take MagmaOrb from the beginn.
In Act 2 take Faster Casting, Controlled Destruction and Ele Focus. If you haven't a 4L there just wait until you find one or use and Orb of Binding on a white Chest(ES-Base), which you can carry. The 4L will be enough to get through the 10 Acts. (Tabula Rasa is ever an Option ;) )

The first thing I recommend to buy is a Inevitability Jewel, after you reached the first Jewel Socket. The 1 additional Projectile is really useful. You also can get one Inevitability from a Quest in Act 5.

Just take the rare Gear you find on the way or which you get as Quest Rewards. Its enough for Leveling. Later, when you're Level is high enough for the Final Gear you can think about buying something.

As long as you haven't that much Currency I recommend to look for good Price to Value rare gear for 1c or less.

That was it. Use the Comments for Questions and Annotations, improvement Tips etc.

Have fun!

- RoseRock

Planned updates:
- Boss section (mostly because chimera)
- some Videos
Последняя редакция: RoseRock. Время: 10 сент. 2017 г., 9:44:13
Last bumped10 сент. 2017 г., 6:01:30
I reserve the first comment for me ;)

For updates and such stuff.

24.05.17:
- Added a Benchmark/Stats to get Sectiom
- Added a short Boot-Enchant discussion

- Added 30, 60, 90, 103 Point Passive Trees
Последняя редакция: RoseRock. Время: 10 сент. 2017 г., 9:45:02
Can you please add leveling tree step by step ?
Thanks mate, gonna try that then

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация