NOOB NEEDS HELP

So Ive just come back to PoE after a year and managed to smash through acts 5-10 this week. But I managed to also die roughly 30 times facing the final boss. I was aiming to create an arc Elementalist that stood back and blasted away while most of the enemies focused on my spell totem and 2 golems..

But I honestly am weak a skeleton and know I wont fair well in the maps.. Ive searched high and low but cant find a recent build similar..

So my question is can anyone help me or should I change my design?

Yours truly,

That Noob.
Last bumped27 дек. 2017 г., 18:46:35
Sup and welcome back. Can you set your profile to public so people can have a look and offer suggestions? :)
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Here are some step by step instructions for you:

Cheers
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
[/quote]
"
Kwitch написал:
Here are some step by step instructions for you:

Cheers

Should be all done thank you!
Golems totem and a self cast spell sounds like a cluster F
Why not just pick a decent build from the forum or if you wanna make one yourself at least focus on 1 thing

After looking at your tree I don't think you should be trying to make builds yourself until you have a better understanding of game mechanics (through playing builds that already work)
IGN: HarroHarbinger
Последняя редакция: Catharsis. Время: 6 дек. 2017 г., 10:46:39
Hey, welcome back to the game.

Funnily enough, you did exactly the same mistakes as me when I started playing the game.

Let's list some obvious problems:

1. Your Gear consists entirely out of uniques. Why is that a problem? Well, for a pleasant Mapping experience, you want 2 things more than anything else:

- Elemental resists need to be capped at 75%. If you press 'C' ingame your character sheet will come up and under "Defence" you should be able to see your resistances. If you are at negative Resistances, you will actually take more damage. During the course of the 10 Acts you will get a Permanent 60% Resist Debuff. So if you want to stay capped at 75%, you need at least 135% Resist of each element (Fire/Cold/Lightning). Achieving this isn't the easiest thing. This is why Rare Items (Yellow Items) are so useful. Rare items can roll different modifiers, including increased elemental resistances. Unique Items always have a predefined Modifier list, where only some numbers can change.

- You want to have a decent "+ # to Maximum Life" Modifier on every piece of gear you can get it on (or a decent ES Modifier if you opt to go for that, though I would recommend Life as a starter). Most Life Nodes on Path of Exiles Passive Tree are "% increased Maximum Life" Nodes. That means, to get the most out of them, you need some base life that can be increased. You want to have a Lifepool of at least 4k when you start mapping, 5-6k for later Maps is definitely recommended.

2. You're wasting too much points on your passive Skill Tree by filling up everything that sounds neat and useful to you and filling entire circles. Because of this, it's impossible for you to actually travel far on the tree and pick up the Nodes that matter the most. I'd highly recommend you start your next character with a build guide, so that you can learn the ins and outs of the skill tree and what not to do. If you decide to go for a build yourself again, then I'd highly recommend the following procedure:

- Choose what Skill you are planning to use.
- Think about what Keystones are essential for your build.
- Download and learn how to use "Path of Building". It's an offline Skill Tree Planner that calculates in great detail how your DPS is.
- Make the base skeleton of your Skill Tree in Path of Building. Now look for as many Life Nodes you can find on your way and make use of them.
- Now you can go for all your most important DPS upgrades. Take the highest damage nodes you can get and pay attention to the data that PoB gives you. Making a successfull build requires a lot of planning ahead.
- The rest of your points can be used to pick up jewel slots.

3. You need some defensive Skill Gem setups to protect you. By far the most popular option is linked "Cast When Damage Taken" (Lvl.1) - "Immortal Call" - "Increased Duration" - "Enfeeble" (Make sure to level IC and Enfeeble not too high so they can stll be activated via CWDT). This setup is great for surviving Burst Damage.

Another popular setup is linking "Shield Charge" - "Fortify Support". This requires you to wield a dagger though, cause you cannot shield charge with a wand.

4. If you're not a SSF Fanatic, then you definitely need to learn how to search for Items on the market and buy them. Make use of your currency to optimize your characters, especially right before mapping. You have 2 choices: You can either use the official trade site or use http://poe.trade/ (a 3rd party trade site). There is a very good video on YouTube that explains how to use poe.trade efficiently: https://youtu.be/H9mdb0j8fG4.

Even if you don't follow the guide this guy explains, the video is still a good place to learn the basics of gearing for maps.

Good luck in this game, and if you've got anymore questions please don't hesitate to ask. :)
Thanks guys! Ive been using poe trade a lot and have looked into the forum builds and am going for Enki's Arc Witch, Ive already bought my Pledge of Hands (with an almost max roll of 156% Mana or ES increase I forogt :D) We get a passive skill tree reset tomorrow when War for The Atlas comes out yeah?
I am pretty sure that we get a tree reset, just think of the Vaal Pact change which killed half of the builds, lol.

But why do you start a new build on standard and not in the new league tomorrow?
I will be starting a new melee one in the league but I still want to make a few good ones in Standard.
The Witch skill tree as a caster is practically a complete dead-end in PoE 3.x.
The Witch as an ideology of something different is dead in PoE 3.x

Practically if anything is caster - it is dead as ideology in PoE 3.x
In PoE 3.x only the direct damage dealers have chance. You can not go end-game with a witch anymore, especially if you are not a ginormous-pile-of-exalts rich. ( and even then it is doubtful ).

PoE 3.x is killed into the birth ideology game, which is currently runned only into the channels of the streamers. That's all. Just pointless booring physical hit-that-thing-without-fun game.

Nothing different from the rest piles of such a hit-that-thing-for-no-reason-or-fun games..
Последняя редакция: YordanY1. Время: 27 дек. 2017 г., 18:48:59

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация