Question about Scorching Ray and Righteous Fire?

Hello everyone, I'm quite new to this game and have been tinkering around quite a bit with some different builds and such and have a question.

I really like Scorching Ray as an ability as I find it visually pleasing and would love to have a build based around it but I cant help but notice that pretty much every build that implements SR also uses RF (usually within a LL build). I was just wondering as to why that is? Is SR just not good enough within itself to be used as a main source of damage output that it requires something like RF to be used alongside of it??

I really like the idea of being a Templar as a caster-type class and was just hoping for some sort pf explanation as to why it seems that SR is always coupled with RF?

Additionally, I was also wondering why there is a lack of builds utilizing firestorm as I also find it to be a visually pleasing ability (at least one that does not utilize totems, I like the idea of self-casting opposed to having totems do the work for me.)

Thanks for anyone who responds!
Last bumped22 дек. 2017 г., 0:38:33
Well, let me take crack at this question.

The reason most people use RF with SR is because you do more damage if you are able to use RF with SR. SR casts a fire debuff, reducing enemy fire resistance. So, if you use both SR and RF which both do fire damage. You can get some extreme damage values. Also, mapping is extremely easy on a proper RF build because all you do is walk, and everything around you dies.

Path of Exile is at this point a clear-speed meta. So, the faster you can clear maps, the better your build is at making currency, buying gear, and etc....

Firestorm is at a weird spot because it just does not do enough damage at this point. It could just be n oversight on the part of the developers, but some skills like firestorm are just so weak damage wise compared to the rest of the skills that you can't really do much with them, without spending a lot of effort and gear, and even then it is not really worth it.

(⌐■_■)

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация