[3.1] The Spectronomicon: A Comprehensive Spectre Guide

Hey, this guide is my attempt at creating a generic spectre guide. The main feature is a thorough breakdown of 15 different spectre options. I will typically have choices in order of preference, with the first choice being my favorite.

New Stuff in 3.1

3.1 introduced some massive QoL buffs to spectre summoners. First, your spectres persist through logout, meaning once you've decided on your chosen spectre, you most likely won't ever need to resummon them. In addition, spectres now no longer downgrade to the level of the map they are in (Previously, if you had summoned a spectre in a high level area and then brought it to a lower level, it would downlevel to that lower area while it was there). Also, any spectres you bring with you into an area will be added to the corpses that can be spawned from desecrate in that area. These changes mean that once you've decided on a spectre, you should ask in global chat if you can access someone's high tier map to summon your spectres from, as long as your skill gem is a high enough level.

Videos

Atziri w/ Cannibal Fire Eaters: https://youtu.be/fXmwYV3njUE Now with Sound!

If this gets enough attention, I'll do a video display of every spectre on the list, but I wanted to put this up here to show off some of my favorites.

Spectres

I have ranged spectres first on purpose, as they are built to clear so much more effectively and easily than melee.

Cannibal Fire-eaters are my personal favorite, but Solar Guards, Flame Sentinels, and Goatmen Fire-raisers are tied in my mind for being the best all-around spectres. The other spectres listed here have some other feature that makes them appealing, if not as meta. If you're wondering where to find these monsters or are looking for more specific information on them, search for them on poedb.
Ranged

Solar Guard

Easily one of the best spectres, these guys are amazing and well-rounded.

+Good fire damage projectile
+Their beam cannon deals an incredible amount of damage, and helps with clearing closed in areas where projectiles are blocked by walls.
+Substantial amount of life, especially compared to other casters.

-Their AI will occasionally stop attacking and do some weird taunt.
-Because they have 2 different skills, they will sometimes use the skill that you don't want them to.
-The beam cannon targeting is not always the best, though a large AoE somewhat makes up for this.

Suggested Supports:
Greater Multiple Projectiles
Minion Damage
Spell Echo
Elemental Focus
Controlled Destruction

Flame Sentinel

An old spectre staple, these guys are popular for a reason.

+Good fire damage projectile
+Sentinels have a very fast cast speed.
+Sentinel AI is just really good. They move quickly and don't become distracted like some other spectres.

-They rotate between normal Fireball, +1 projectiles, and +2 projectiles, making them unreliable to support. In addition, the +x projectiles version have reduced damage.
-Slightly less base damage with their projectiles than Solar Guards, but hardly noticeable.

Suggested Supports:
Volley
Minion Damage
Spell Echo
Elemental Focus
Controlled Destruction

Goatman Fire-raiser

These little goatmen surprised me with their incredible dps. When you're fighting bosses, you want to position them so that they're in medium to close range, so that they use their magma orb.

+They have higher base damage Fireballs than any other spectre on the list, which they throw at long range.
+In medium range, they cast Magma Orb, which deals a massive amount of base fire damage, and can actually strike the same target twice if it is large enough (because of Magma Orb mechanics). According to path of building, Magma Orb actually does close to twice as much damage as the Fireballs once it has been buffed by supports and gear.
+They will occasionally cast a buffed version of molten shell that grants them almost 20,000 armor and explodes for a very high amount of damage if enough physical damage is prevented.
+They scale very well with cast speed, and a goatman with ~50 soul eater stacks is a terrifying sight to behold.

-They have a relatively low life. I've yet to have any of them die, but if you're running insanely high damage bosses like Shaper or Uber Atziri, it might be a problem.
-They have reduced base cast speed

Suggested Supports:
Minion Damage
Spell Echo
Elemental Focus
Controlled Destruction

Frost Sentinel

The frosty brother of Flame Sentinels, these guys surprised me with their clear effectiveness.

+Their projectiles, ice spears, will automatically pierce nearby targets, making them excellent at clearing large packs.
+Once the projectiles have traveled far enough, they gain a massive increase to crit chance.
+The additional projectiles version of frost sentinels' skill doesn't reduce the damage of the projectile, unlike flame sentinels.
+Sentinel AI is just really good. They move quickly and don't become distracted like other spectres.
+Sentinels have a very fast cast speed. Your screen will be filled with icy projectiles.

-Your screen will be filled with icy projectiles. It's actually kind of hard to see things, and if your pc can't handle it, you might encounter some lag.
-They rotate between normal Ice Spear, +1 projectiles, and +2 projectiles, making them somewhat unreliable.
-They deal noticeably less damage with their projectiles, which makes their single target seem weak in comparison to other spectres.

Suggested Supports:
Volley
Minion Damage
Spell Echo
Elemental Focus
Controlled Destruction

Cannibal Fire-Eater

I actually saw these guys on Path of Building and was dumbfounded by the dps it said they could reach. They cannot spawn except in maps that have randomly rolled cannibals, so it took me a while to find them. I was not disappointed.
+Ludicrously high dps on their incinerate ability.
+Their incinerate has additional projectiles and has 100% pierce, so it clears very well.

-They have a default attack. This means that when something is in melee range, they will sometimes club it instead of using incinerate. They have a fast attack time, however, so this is not that big of an issue.
-The actual cast range of incinerate is rather short, so they have to be rather close to mobs in order to hit them. Faster Projectiles will still affect the maximum range, however, meaning that if there are a bunch of mobs behind the targeted one, this will actually cause incinerate to hit more mobs.

Suggested Supports:
Minion Damage
Spell Echo
Elemental Focus
Faster Projectiles
Controlled Destruction

The incinerate is a projectile attack, but comes naturally with a decent spread (I think it has +2 projectiles), so LMP and GMP are not needed. Volley, however, can be used to give them a much wider AoE.

Faster Projectiles helps with clear a lot, as the normal projectiles are rather short.

Bone Husk

Found only in the Ossuary, these ranged skeletal mortars are very unique. Their projectiles deal a moderate amount of damage, and then create a small set of spikes in the ground that explodes after some delay in a bone nova.

+They deal physical damage, which scales with a lot of gear and auras.
+The bone novas they release deal a good amount of damage when grouped up.
+They have a very high life pool.

-Most of their damage comes from the delayed nova explosion, so their clear speed is not the greatest.
-If too many unexploded spike sets are on the ground, additional mortars don't seem to add any more spike sets, but it's hard to tell if the effect is just visual.
-Their base damage is fairly low.

Suggested Supports:
Lesser Multiple Projectiles
Minion Damage
Spell Echo
Added Fire Damage
Faster Casting

Devourer

Honestly one of my favorite (and feared) monsters in poe, these guys are probably my favorite niche spectres. I would not recommend these if you are looking for a reliable all-around spectre, but they can be very fun if you want to play around them. They cause a screen shake effect when their projectiles impact with anything, which can be turned off in video settings if it bothers you. You'll want to use convocation so you can move them.

+They have an incredibly high base damage, the highest of any monster that I've seen.
+Their projectiles look awesome and make a very satisfying noise when they impact anything.
+They have a high life pool.
+Their single target dps is very good.

-Their corpses cannot be desecrated, meaning that you can only make spectres of devourers that have naturally spawned and been killed. If you're just beginning to map, I'd suggest going to merc lab and finding them there. Otherwise, I know that they are guaranteed to spawn in the Dark Forest map, so ask if you can scavenge someone's Dark Forest to get high level devourers.
-They will occasionally burrow underground and stop attacking. When emerging, they do deal a fairly good amount of damage, but the AoE is small and it does less damage than a normal attack. They seem to use the burrow almost solely when there is nothing within range to attack.
-They have a default attack that they will do half the time if they are within melee range of something. If this occurs and there is only one target, they will actually deal more damage with this melee attack, depending on your supports, because it is not affected by GMP's damage reduction. When you're trying to clear, this can be an issue, but...
-They cannot move normally, meaning that in very close quartered areas with walls they are not at ideal, but, in more open maps, this is actually a good thing. Most spectres with default attacks will move closer to nearby monsters to melee them, but devourers cannot move and so will just use projectile attacks unless a monster is directly on top of them.
-The optimal supports are off-color for a vis mortis, which could make building for them rather expensive.

Suggested Supports:
Minion Damage
Faster Attacks
Added Fire Damage
Physical Projectile Attack Damage

If you want to build for projectile and melee damage, you can swap Physical Projectile Attack Damage for Elemental Damage with Attacks without giving up much projectile damage.

Wraith

These are very interesting apparitions, found primarily in The Tunnel in Act 9. They have incredible potential ruined by the fact that they have a default melee attack.

+They cast a buffed version of ethereal knives that deals an incredible amount of damage with tons of projectiles.
+They move and cast very quickly.

-They have a relatively small amount of life.
-They have a default melee attack. This is a very big problem for these guys because if a monster gets on top of them, they will only use their default attack, which deals little damage and has no AoE.
-Because of the way their AI works, they typically spend half their time making melee attacks in boss fights, drastically hurting their dps potential.

Suggested Supports:
Minion Damage
Spell Echo
Faster Projectiles
Added Fire Damage

Faster projectiles increases the travel distance of the ethereal knives, granting them increased cast range and negating some of the default attack problem.

Bearded Shaman

The goatman fire-raisers little brother, these guys are better than I initially thought they would be.

+Their shock nova is a pretty large AoE and actually deals an impressive amount of damage.
+Their spark spell is pretty good and comes with a built in +2 projectiles.
+Their single target dps is surprisingly good.

-They have significantly less health than other spectres, including the goatmen fire-raisers. Not too much of an issue unless you're fighting a really high damage boss.
-They don't seem to like moving around very much. Clearing with them can be a bit of a pain because they just stick in place and cast shock nova right on the edge of mob packs rather than getting in the middle of them.

Suggested Supports:
Minion Damage
Spell Echo
Elemental Focus
Controlled Destruction
Added Lightning Damage

Undying Incinerator

These guys have probably the highest dps potential of any spectres I've seen, but are highly unstable. Fun to use for some casual mapping, but I wouldn't base a build around them. The new unique Wraithlord might help, but I haven't tested it.

+Their fire trap skill does an incredible amount of damage, and leaves behind burning ground that deals a considerable amount of dps.
+Unlike other high damage casters, they do not have any reduced cast speed modifiers, meaning they cast very quickly.

-They have very little life, and will actually explode if they go below 35% life.
-They have a fireball skill that they will use at long range. It deals decent damage, but nothing close to fire trap, and can distract them from using their fire trap.

Suggested Supports:
Multiple Traps
Minion Damage
Spell Echo
Elemental Focus
Trap and Mine Damage

Melee

Melee spectres are much less desirable as they have some serious clear speed difficulties. I have found and listed 3 that are significantly better than the rest.
Solaris Champion

A very solid choice. You'll probably want convocation with these guys because their AI can be pretty sticky.

+They gain 100% of physical damage as extra fire damage, basically a permanent super-buffed fire-based hatred. Awesome.
+They use a version of cleave with 50% of physical damage converted to fire damage, so buffing elemental damage becomes even better.
+They also use a very strange version of Spark, which appears to do physical damage and looks like a small fire tornado. The projectile is considered a melee attack, and so can be supported by multistrike. It pierces through all targets but moves much slower than normal Spark, though it behaves in a similar manner.
+They have pretty good single target dps.

-They will use their Spark Tornado ability when they are fairly far away from mobs, meaning most of the projectile is wasted, and (especially if multistrike is used) they will stand away from most mob packs for a few seconds before closing in on them.

Suggested Supports:
Minion Damage
Melee Physical Damage
Elemental Damage with Attacks
Faster Attacks/Multistrike
Elemental Focus

I don't like the way Multistrike makes them stay away from mob packs while they cast their Spark Tornado, but I'm sure it has higher dps than Faster Attacks. However, the firestorm of tornados that Multistrike spawns is very cool and deals a lot of damage to everything in it.

Lunaris Champion

I really liked these guys. They are outclassed by Solaris Champions in terms of raw damage, but make up for it with high mobility and good AoE.

+They deal physical damage, with 50% converted to cold when they use ice crash. This allows them to gain the full benefits of physical damage boosting gear, and benefit from elemental damage scaling.
+They have a thematic flame dash that they use to quickly close the gap between monsters, giving them a lot of mobility.
+They use a modified version of ice crash that actually deals full damage to close and far away targets, giving them a very effective clear ability.
+They have a fairly large life pool, and are constantly under the effect of arctic armor, further increasing their survivability.

-Their single target dps is noticeably lower than Solaris Champions'.
-The optimal support gems are off color for a vis mortis, making a fully optimized build potentially very costly and/or frustrating to get.

Suggested Supports:
Minion Damage
Melee Physical Damage
Elemental Damage with Attacks
Faster Attacks
Added Fire Damage

You can swap added fire and for elemental focus with only a slight decrease in dps if you can't afford to get that far off color.

Kitava's Herald

These hulking, flying monstrosities are a lot of fun to use.

+They have ~30% higher base physical damage than the Solaris/Lunaris Champions, meaning that they scale much better.
+They have a massive amount of life. More than double that of the Champions.
+Their cleave has 100% chance to bleed.
+They have leap slam which gives them a lot more mobility.

-They have 4 different attacks, including the default attack. This can sometimes end up in the AI becoming confused and the herald stumbling around not attacking for a second.
-If they are far away from all enemies, they will use their mortar projectile attack, which cannot be supported by things like multistrike and melee physical damage.

Suggested Supports:
Minion Damage
Melee Physical Damage
Faster Attacks
Added Fire Damage
Multistrike

The Wickerman and Tukohama Vanguards

These guys get their very own section because they are very unique. Wickermen have righteous fire constantly active and attack with molten strike. Tukohama Vanguards summon totems which use scorching ray. The combo is to use one wickerman (because the RF damage doesn't stack with more than one) and the rest tukohama vanguards. The wickerman deals with little guys, and the vanguards beam through the tougher mobs and bosses.
+The scorching ray totems deal an incredible amount of damage once they have ramped up (Scorching ray deals more damage the longer it stays on something)

-Clear speed is pretty slow. Wickerman spectres were nerfed this patch, and the righteous fire does not deal enough damage to even compare to other spectres.
-The totems have a hard time dealing with things that are spread out. Their turn rate is slow, and the AoE of the line is narrow, making it ineffective against mobs that are spaced well apart.

Passives/Ascendancy/Bandits

Path of Building link: https://pastebin.com/BDjEwqUB
This is just to show an estimate on dps, as tooltip is totally useless for summoners. A lot of my gear is less than optimal, including the jewels.

Suggested Passive tree: Adsignator

The passive tree and most of the gear section assume a life build, which I think is probably the best option for survivability. A primarily ES build would allow you to do things like use a Midnight Bargain or cast aura(s) with blood magic, however.

Bandits:
None of them offer anything a summoner would want. Kill them all.

Ascendancy:
Flesh Binder
Soul Eater
Commander of Darkness
Spirit Eater/Mistress of Sacrifice
I prefer Spirit Eater for the 30% minion damage, but Mistress of Sacrifice can be good, as the skill effect duration affects everything, including stuff like Immortal Call.

Gear

Helmet

Skullhead is a nice helmet to use as it increases both you and your minions' survivability.

A rare helmet with nice life/resists is better late game, as you won't need to worry about your spectres anymore.

If you can get the #% increased spectre damage or #% increased spectre attack and cast speed enchantment, all the better. Flesh Offering grants 21% increased attack speed is good if you know you're gonna be using non-spell spectres.

Body Armour

You're gonna want to pick up one of these as soon as you hit level 59. Unholy might gives your physical spectres a lot more damage, and this is the only chestpiece that grants +1 to spectres. Try to get at least a 5L or your dps will be pretty low.

A 6L Vis Mortis can be really expensive (6.5 ex base last time I checked) so if you're poor like me you probably won't be able to afford one. Using something other than a Vis Mortis (losing one of your spectres) will decrease your dps by about 25%. However, an additional support will more than make up for the raw loss in dps, though your clear speed might suffer from having only 3 spectres. You can get a good 6L body armor with high life/resists for less than an exalted, which might help with your off color sockets on some of the physical minions.

Weapon

Along with Necromantic Aegis, this allows your minions to gain frenzy charges. Frenzy charges have an increased effect on minions, granting 15% increased attack/cast speed rather than 4%, so this is a big boost in dps.

My personal favorite, this grants a pretty good dps increase and a + all attributes which is very nice. The upgrade to it, United in Dream, is not worth the hefty price tag.

The Scourge is a better choice for anyone using elemental spectres, but currently costs close to an exalted.

If you don't want to use Victario's (which would also mean skipping Necromantic Aegis on the passive tree), this is your other choice. Pretty nice for melee minions, but not really necessary in my opinion.

Boots

These are the only boots that give you +1 to your max spectres. Use them.

Belt

My personal favorite is an abyss belt with a jewel that gives additional minion damage, but a rare with high life/resists could also work.

If you're really concerned with clear speed, you can use a perseverance to gain onslaught whenever you use shield charge.

Jewels

You'll want one of these in the location shown in the picture below (just to the left of the witch's start). It'll give you 23 flat life and 7% increased max life.

For your other sockets, you'll want rare jewels with #% increased maximum life. If you can afford them with minion damage on them, great, but I couldn't find any for less than 50c when I checked. Otherwise, pick up + Strength or Dexterity to help with your attribute requirements, or use them to help max out your resists.

Everything Else
The rest of your gear should just have high life/resist rolls, as well as any strength or dexterity needed for your skill gem requirements. If you're really rich and want to be more rich you can use a Bisco's.

Gem Links

Raise Spectre
The supports you use for this depends on your choice of spectre, as detailed in the Spectre section.

Shield Charge
Fortify
Faster Attacks

Raise Zombie
Summon Chaos Golem
Minion Life
Fortify

These are really only good as meatbags, and to give you the additional physical damage reduction from Flesh Binder. If you're using melee spectres and wielding Queen's Escape, however, it may be worth it to 6L your zombies with damage to help with clear.

Cast When Damage Taken
Immortal Call
Increased Duration
Convocation

Having Convocation on your CWDT support can be helpful, but I know some people really don't like it, and it's not necessary for most spectres. I would suggest it for solaris champions and devourers, though.

Desecrate
You can link this with Spell Cascade but I really think 5 corpses (7 with ascendancy) is plenty.

Flesh Offering
This is the offering choice that gives the most dps.

Bone Offering
Pretty lousy choice imo. If you have Mistress of Sacrifice this gets better, but I still don't think it's worth giving up 30% increased attack/cast speed.

Spirit Offering
Better obviously if you have minions that deal physical damage. If you have Mistress of Sacrifice and physical minions, I'd say you probably want this.

Animated Guardian
I personally hate Animated Guardian simply because it should have the potential to be more than a crappy aurabot, but doesn't. If you're okay with losing ~3c when you fight a high damage boss, here's the items you'll want to give him. He gives 33% increased damage and 18% increased effect of curses in an AoE, but will be much easier to kill than your spectres, even when linked with Minion Life.
Leer Cast
Dying Breath
Ambu's Charge
Victario's Flight
Rare gloves

Auras

If you can, link damage boosting auras to a Generosity so they have an increased effect. You'll want to leave at least one aura (I'd suggest Clarity) unlinked so that you can get the resists from Commander of Darkness.

Clarity
Keep this at level 1 to gain an additional 3% attack/cast speed from Commander of Darkness.

Hatred
An excellent damage aura for physical minions. If you don't have physical minions, you'll probably want...

Anger
Gives a noticeable boost to the damage of your elemental minions. You can use it in conjunction with Hatred for your physical minions, but I prefer using Haste.

Wrath
If you're using spell lightning damage minions (Bearded Shamans), this will give significantly more damage to them than Anger. Otherwise, skip it.

Haste
A good overall buff, you can leave it un-Generositied if you want the movement speed for yourself.

Purity of X
I used a purity of elements until I got enough currency to max my resists with gear. If you're going against a boss that deals primarily one element (Atziri comes to mind), it might be a good idea to swap out one of your auras for a purity of that element.

Discipline
The 3.0 ES shield nerf hit Discipline hard, and I'm not sure I could rationalize using this unless you're using a different passive tree with a lot more ES nodes.

Vitality
Your spectres don't need it, and it's effect is pretty negligible on you, who shouldn't be taking the brunt of damage anyway.

Curses

If you're playing on hardcore or hate dying, you should take the Whispers of Doom node and skip the life and aura nodes beyond Herd the Flock and Puppet Master and use blasphemy to have Enfeeble + Temporal Chains in an aura. It will help keep you alive.

Otherwise, I have one curse unlinked and actively use it to direct my minions.

Enfeeble/Temporal Chains
A good option to decrease your likelihood of dying.

Elemental Weakness
A good option to use if your minions do hybrid elemental damage. It only decreases resistances by 5% less than the more specific elemental resistance reduction supports do, so it can also work for non-hybrid builds fairly well.

Flammability/Conductivity/Frostbite
Slightly better than elemental weakness in pure resistance reduction for their specific element. The increase to status chance probably won't come into effect because of the use of elemental focus.

Projectile Weakness
Very good for physical based projectile attacks, or projectile spell attacks in conjunction with some kind of elemental weakness if you pick up whispers of doom. The modifier applies regardless of damage type, so it will buff the cold damage from hatred and things like it as well.

Vulnerability
Pretty good for physical damage dealers, though most of them will probably be doing a large amount of cold damage from hatred, so this is not as great as it could be.

A Good Balance
Once I got to t10 maps, I noticed that I was taking a pretty big chunk of my life whenever I got a hit, which scared me. I decided to pick up the whispers of doom node (just left of the +1 spectre node at the top of the tree) and am currently using 1 50% damage aura (Anger or Hatred), Blasphemy + Enfeeble, Arctic Armor, Clarity, and am casting an unlinked Flammability to direct my spectres.

Depending on your build, PoB may say that Haste will actually give you more dps than Anger/Hatred, but your spectres gain a huge amount of attack/cast speed from Soul Eater, so the extra damage will likely give higher dps as long as they have killed recently. However, Haste will increase your own movement/attack speed and will let them build up Soul Eater stacks faster. Also worthy of note is the fact that Haste has a much higher Dexterity requirement than anything else in the build, which could make building for it difficult.

Leveling

You'll want to use a direct damage skill like Freezing Pulse with zombies on the side until sometime around level 15-25. Once you hit 25, you want to ditch the direct damage skill for either Summon Raging Spirits or Summon Skeletons. At level 59, you'll want to finish cruel lab, pick up a vis mortis, and switch out your short duration summons for spectres and a curse.

The Baron will increase your damage by a good amount early on.

If you can get your hands on a Queen's Escape, it will drastically improve your clear speed until maps.

Changelog

12/24/17: Added a video section and fixed the wording of a couple things.
12/25/17: Heavily edited the Bone Husk section thanks to input from user Zourath. I had actually only used these guys briefly before making the guide but thought they were worthy of inclusion because of their unique mechanics.

Also added a Jewels section under Gear, and added Clarity to the Auras section. Changed the passive tree to not include Grave Intentions.

TIP: If you're going to unequip the item you have your raised spectre gem in to change the sockets, but want to keep your spectres, you can do it in town and then re-equip it before going back to your h/o so your spectres don't de-spawn.

With this guide, I've tried to display pretty much every choice that a spectre summoner could use, but I do intentionally leave out some things that I think have a definitively better alternative, but if you feel that I have left out something feel free to leave a comment, send me a message in-game, or add me on steam at Fangheart25.
Последняя редакция: Fangheart25. Время: 27 дек. 2017 г., 2:06:48
Last bumped22 марта 2018 г., 18:56:15
As someone who used Bone Husks almost exclusively throughout Harbinger league, I can tell you with certainty that 1: The Izaro crash is fixed, it was caused by dart traps hitting the bone spires, and 2: both faster attacks and physical projectile attack damage are completely useless on Bone Husks, as every single one of the Bone Husk abilities are considered spells. If you do ever decide to use them, I recommend swapping those out for Spell Echo and Faster Casting, since anything that ups the consistency of bone nova is vital.

Spell Echo in particular has an interesting synergy with Bone Husks. You may notice sometimes with multiple Bone Husk spectres that the bone spires seem to explode multiple times. That's because there's a short period of time between the spires exploding and the spire entities despawning, giving a small window in which additional casts of Bone Nova can trigger the same bone spires. Spell Echo guarantees that this will happen at least once every single cast of Bone Nova.

Despite all this, they have some distinct flaws. The chance of them casting Bone Nova is 1/91, and the other 90 is split up between the useful and good Bone Mortar and the less useful Mortar. They have kind of awful AI, with their range of sight being near-zombie tier. They have trouble clearing breach levels of mob density despite the capability of having near 500+ projectile bursts, They can't walk through their own bone spires, and their flat base damage is downright abysmal.

It just goes to show you that you can have one of the most outright busted and synergistic skill sets in the game, but it's worth nothing if you have the brains of a kumquat.
Последняя редакция: Zourath. Время: 24 дек. 2017 г., 23:25:18
Appreciate the effort but i think it's better to expand the already existing necronomicon than creating a new one with much of the same info.
"
kompaniet написал:
Appreciate the effort but i think it's better to expand the already existing necronomicon than creating a new one with much of the same info.

I had seen that post already (I saw it when I was doing research for my own spectre build before I had decided to make a guide), but I was not really satisfied by it. I created this guide because I don't really like the layout of that necronomicon or the fact that it's just a link to an external site. I wanted something that people could easily use and navigate through on the forums. Also, I wanted it to be a full guide that someone could use to base all their decisions off of (gear, passives, etc.) and not solely a list of spectres.

If you want to upload any of my spectres and/or my analysis of them to that website feel free to.

"
Zourath написал:
It just goes to show you that you can have one of the most outright busted and synergistic skill sets in the game, but it's worth nothing if you have the brains of a kumquat.

Not sure if that was supposed to be humorous or an actual insult, but I appreciate the feedback about the Bone Husks and have made the suggested edits. I didn't use the Bone Husks much because their projectiles were annoying to look at and the Bone Husks make a lot of noise when they walk around.
Последняя редакция: Fangheart25. Время: 25 дек. 2017 г., 15:14:39
"
Fangheart25 написал:
Not sure if that was supposed to be humorous or an actual insult, but I appreciate the feedback about the Bone Husks and have made the suggested edits. I didn't use the Bone Husks much because their projectiles were annoying to look at and the Bone Husks make a lot of noise when they walk around.

It was meant to be humorous, and was meant to be about Bone Husks themselves, sorry if that wasn't more clear.

Seriously, their skills in a players hands would be like if old Vaal Spark did boss clearing damage. Their awful AI is pretty much the only thing that really hinders them.
Последняя редакция: Zourath. Время: 25 дек. 2017 г., 15:24:16
Thanks for the spectre guide. Summoners are my favorite and I'm glad that there's lots of monsters that are spectre viable. I loved how detailed the explanations are for the spectre skills and how their AIs work. A possible expansion for this guide is adding some unknown monsters with interesting mechanics, since they're not really covered anywhere else. Examples include Lunar Devotees, which summons ice golems and icestorm and a small arctic breath, Temple Scholars, which has an incinerate skill akin to Cannibal Fire-Eaters, and Undying Inductors, which has a lightning barrage spell akin to flame golems.

Also what do you think of Southbound gloves and Belly of the Beast armor for the Animated Guardian? At level 20 they have 8,000 base life already and I feel scaling it with %maximum life helps a ton with their survivability.
"
lyndoff написал:
Examples include Lunar Devotees, which summons ice golems and icestorm and a small arctic breath, Temple Scholars, which has an incinerate skill akin to Cannibal Fire-Eaters, and Undying Inductors, which has a lightning barrage spell akin to flame golems.

Also what do you think of Southbound gloves and Belly of the Beast armor for the Animated Guardian? At level 20 they have 8,000 base life already and I feel scaling it with %maximum life helps a ton with their survivability.

Thanks for your input,

I have tried Lunar Devotees and chose not to add them because they just didn't seem that good or unique. Their dps was low, clear was pretty bad, and the ice golems they summon don't move anywhere with them. Solaris Champions also have a summon (that does more damage), and seriously outclass them.

I was actually working on adding Temple Scholars, but I tried mapping with them and their incredibly low life made it rather difficult. They died to a lot of bosses even in tiers below the tiers they had been summoned in. Their dps was about the same as the cannibals', but they don't have the same natural LMP as the cannibals. I'll add them in the cannibal section as an option for a spectre to use while looking for cannibals, but I'm not sure why you would ever want to use them over cannibals.

I've never tried Undying Inductors, but looking at them in poedb, they do seem to be promising, though a little low on life. I'll try them out when I get the chance.

Southbound Gloves would definitely be better, but it's not a huge increase. Not sure why you would ever want to waste the currency for a belly on your animated guardian but maybe my hatred for that skill is blinding me. Seems pretty expensive for something that can just up and die on you.
just a little report about wraiths:

i tried a Sire of Shards with the wraiths as spectres (4 total) and the phantasm on kill support to maximize synergy. i also ran with skeletons and maim to further boost phys dmg from all 3 sources (wraiths, phantasm and skeleton):

Sire of Shards:
Raise Spectre - Minion Damage - Controlled Destruction - Spell Echo - Phantasm on Kill - Faster Proj.
(the last one is just qol for the phantasms)

Vis Mortis:
Summon Skeleton - Minion Damage - Melee Physical - Maim - Melee Splash* - Physical to Lightning

*exchange for WED if you need damage

all 3 summons also get ~100% of phys added as cold damage from Hatred + Generosity and grip of council. EE is triggered with Firestorm. the other aura is haste and lvl 1 clarity.

I mainly played this build for it's looks (phantasms look really good and all 3 summons have a nice theme). The damage is really good, however it is a staff build, so i have ~105% movement speed (i run with 2 quicksilvers) without any movement skills which is mediocre (leap slam with SoS is too slow and i need sockets).

Personally i think Solar Guards are just broken and are therefore better, but if you want a good all-rounder build with a nice theme give it a try.

The wraiths themselves have very good ai and meh clear (no pierce/fork/chain), but the phantasm are fantastic, the only problem are their short duration. the phantasm support should be reworked imho as i really like those little guys, especially with Sire of Shards and faster Porj. the clear very very well. Just make them permanent please.

if anyone has better spectres for this build, please let me know (==> phys. proj. spell).
Последняя редакция: tesb. Время: 22 марта 2018 г., 18:58:36

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация