[3.1] Vegalyp's Elementalist Cremation Witch

Introduction
So, this is my first build guide for what I would consider a successful character. The character name of this build if Pafforla, a lvl 81 Elementalist in the Softcore Abyss League (ASC). This character utilizes a weird, unique playstyle to Path of Exile that feels like a mix of traps and totems,
but without some of the limitations normally felt by those playstyles. It should also be noted that I am not a hardcore PoE God. I am a fairly casual player with not a whole lot of time to play each day and have always made my own builds, although I will take inspiration from some other builds on the forums/reddit/youtube/etc. But this build was 100% crafted by me with no inspiration taken from others for once, and it surprisingly turned out well for a budget build. I still have a lot of levels to get and some gear/gem optimizations are drastically needed, but the build as it currently exists is a great starter build for Cremation.

We'll be using hybrid Life/ES/Mana with MoM to stay alive, achieving around 5.1k life, 800 ES, and 2.8k mana, with much more life and mana to be picked up once I buy good jewels and finish grabbing a few nodes, including another jewel slot. We'll end up with around 5.5k life, 1k ES, and 3k mana after I get all the passives to put me at level 90. We can definitely reach 6k life and 3.5k mana once I get all the passives and get better jewels. (My current jewels are shitty ones I found as I leveled up.)

Playstyle
Скрытый текст
Playstyle is fairly simple. Place down a desecrated corpse pack, then use the cremation skill to your hearts content. If there are a group of stragglers, you will only need to use Cremation once.
If you want to nuke a pack or an Essence monster, spam all 3 (Or 4 if you get the helmet enchant)
geysers and watch as the boss/rare/pack/single straggling Abyss worm gets toasted. For actual hard stuff, use Orb of Storms to proc Mastermind of Discord for a free 25% elemental penetration, and since Orb of Storms is our Curse on Hit gem, we can also curse them with Flammability too, for even more added DPS. The Orb of Storms CoH setup is surprisingly rarely needed. 3 Cremation geysers already do insane DPS.

As far as defenses go, you can keep Vaal Grace up a reasonable amount of time, and we also use Rallying Cry for bonus mana regeneration for MoM and a pretty hefty DPS boost too. Enduring Cry is another, more defensive option, but I find Rallying Cry works very well defensively already.

Gear
Скрытый текст
Please note that most of my gear is 1-2c crap that isn't exactly top-tier by any means, especially my jewels. There is a LOT of room for upgrades for those with more money and time on their hands.

Decisions
Скрытый текст
The only real 'Must Have' item in this build is a Sire of Shards. Cremation benefits so extremely well from added projectiles that I actively debated between adding LMP AND GMP because of how much extra damage it gives you. In the end, I simply put my Cremation and a GMP into my Sire of Shards for +8 projectiles, for a total of 12 projectiles per second per geyser, which each Cremation 'fireball' explosion dealing around 6.7k damage, which is not including any buffs at all.
With Pendulum of Destruction and my Atziri flask running, I am dealing about 11k damage per Cremation 'fireball' explosion. Keep in mind, most of my gems can still go up a couple of levels or three, so there's a lot more room for damage, and I don't even have a 6l yet.

Skilltree/Pastebin

https://pastebin.com/BsPBw5E7

Video
Скрытый текст
https://youtu.be/LUxAtS3JOpg

I haven't had too much time to be able to play this league, but I think Uber Izaro shows a decent baseline for damage since most people are familiar with him and he is an end-game boss that I enjoy farming. Here is an edited down video of my killing him that excludes the run and storing all the loot. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/Xw4WyAjAkzI

My Atziri kill went pretty smoothly, and 99% of the damage I took was because of my mistakes. I'm not exactly the best player, but I do love this build and it's honestly the first build I've been really proud of.

Последняя редакция: Vegalyp. Время: 23 февр. 2018 г., 15:08:44
Last bumped25 февр. 2018 г., 17:06:18
How far did you get now? And how does the single target feel like? Having more info would be nice to know. Otherwise looks really cool atm
I have incredibly limited time now with research and a job, so maybe 1-2 hours per day if I can even play PoE. But I am at Yellow-tier maps and the build just rolls through bosses. It's kind of funny how insane the single target DPS is. Clearspeed itself is respectable, but not great. Single target is where the skill/build really shines.
I expected exactly the opposite, especially with sire of shards being good for more projs,but otherwise more of a meme. Really thinking about starting this with more currency.Ty alot!
In the next few days, I'll try to upload a video of me doing Uber Izaro to show how good the DPS is, even with my pretty poor gear.
Video 1 is now up. I'll likely try to farm a couple other bosses in the near future. Sadly Nvidia Shadowplay screwed up when I tried to record 2 of my Lich fights. I'll make sure it's working next time I get a Lich.
Got some time off work and cut together a quick video showing off how quickly Atziri melts to this build. I didn't play particularly well and actually chunked myself for half health when a stray cremation bomb hit the mirror mini-Atziri. Other than that, I took fairly little damage. Could have kept up my arcane surge and rallying cry better, will work on doing that better.
And if the newly revealed Ascendancy class for the Elementalist is correct, this build will need a rework since they are removing the parts of Elementalist that really made this build work great as an Elementalist. Might as well just do any other Ascendancy then.

Thoughts:

Maybe a Hierophant for both Arcane Surge notables and the MoM notables will be good.

Possibly Chieftain, but his nodes aren't really great for this build and you'd have to spend some extra skill points to start as a Marauder.

I doubt Inquisitor will get changed too much, and that could also be another good class for this.
Последняя редакция: Vegalyp. Время: 25 февр. 2018 г., 17:20:08

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация