[3.3] Walking Inferno Elementalist ft. VMS

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone! I'm KaroDokuz and this is my first build guide post. I'm currently playing this build in Incursion Softcore League. This build uses some unique mechanics and interactions to leave nothing but burning corpses behind you so let's jump into how this happens.
Скрытый текст
Build works around using a 6 socketed weapon with the mod 10% chance to Cast Level 20 Fire Burst on Hit. You can get this mod on a weapon by using Essence of Hysteria.
Скрытый текст

Note that you don't have to use the weapon to proc Fire Burst. It can be procced by anything that does a hit. By socketing support gems that increase our ignite damage into this weapon you can get some high numbers with your ignite damage per second.

The aim is to get 100% chance to ignite and use Eye of Innocence amulet to deal damage to ourselves. This allows us to use multiple Level 1 Cast when Damage Taken setups to cast spells that do multiple hits per cast to proc Fire Burst.
Скрытый текст

At the time of this post many people are trying to make ignite builds work with the 3.3 buff. I was also searching for a build that makes use of ignite mainly for map clearing. After some video watching on Youtube this build came to be.

PROS & CONS

Pros:
+Very good clear speed
+0-1 active skills, all you have to do is walk
+Can run all map mods except Avoid Elemental Status
+Very good life leech rate
+Relatively cheap for what it can do
+Doesn't need Uber Lab
+Doesn't use mana
+It's a different build?
Cons:
-Too many particles on screen causes FPS drops, not potato PC friendly
-Prone to one shots, HP pool is not that big.
-No movement skill :(
-Bosses with phases and Izaro are quite hard because we use Vaal Skills to kill bosses

PASSIVE TREE

I chose to go Elementalist for this build because of Witch's starting point on tree but other ascendancies are definitely possible. You can make this build work with Trickster, Ascendant or even Raider.

Here is the passive tree I'm using at Level 90:
Скрытый текст

Ascendancy:
Скрытый текст

Here is the Path of Building of my character:
Скрытый текст

Bandits: Kill All.

Tree is very straightforward. You just get life, fire damage and chance to ignite everywhere you can. Avatar of Fire is to convert all damage to fire so every skill you use can ignite. If you have some source of added fire damage to spells and not using Added Cold Damage support you can drop this node. You can also grab the Alchemist cluster in Witch area for more duration on your flasks, just drop a jewel node or curse nodes near Scion.

GEAR & GEM LINKS

TL;DR:
Скрытый текст

Detailed Explanations:
Скрытый текст
Weapon:
Скрытый текст

So there are some options here but I think using a bow is the best because this build is really Resistance and Dexterity hungry if you are using Rat Cage and you can get both of these stats on Bows and Quivers. Another good option would be using a Staff. You can get some good spellcaster rolls on them for some extra DPS. They also have some block chance which is nice. Weapon does not need to be linked at all. All you need is 6 sockets to put 6 support gems.

Body Armour:
Скрытый текст

Okay. This is the big guy for this build. It allows us to use Vaal Molten Shell by converting a portion of the damage we take from Eye of Innocence to Physical Damage. Note that Vaal Molten Shell's ignites can not proc Eye of Innocence. This is not a bug, just prevents it from infinitely looping off of itself. Because of this we can get away with using Elemental Focus Support.

Chest itself is pretty cheap but since this is an evasion base item it is REALLY hard to get 6 off color sockets on it. Using a 5L Rat Cage with 4 off colors is totally fine as I was using it for the most of the time. It will carry you up to T15 maps. All you have to do is drop Combustion and Elemental Focus/Controlled Destruction. Your green socket will be Added Cold Damage Support. You also have to get Avatar of Fire if you are doing this.

You will only use this for Bosses and Vaal Molten Shell's damage is really insane to be honest. All you have to do is pop it and run around the boss.

Amulet:
Скрытый текст

Core of the build. You can't play this build without this amulet. Corruption is not necesarry but if you can get it and Enlighten 3, you can drop 3 points on tree. The reason we use Purity of Fire is to compensate for the -50% Fire Resistance on Rat Cage. You can use +1 curse version if you can afford it and run double Blasphemy setup with Elemental Weakness instead.

Gloves:
Скрытый текст

Nothing special here, just resists and life. If you can't get an Enlighten 3 or Eye of Innocence with Purity of Fire corruption, just grab 8% reduced mana reserved on tree from Sovereignty cluster for 3 points.

Helmet:
Скрытый текст

These gems can be socketed in your gloves or boots too but the reason I chose helmet is because of the Shaper mod that supports the gems with Level # Increased Area of Effect. You don't need it, it's just a little bit quality of life. Other than that try to get as much as Life and Resistances as always.

Boots:
Скрытый текст

Unfortunately I would say these boots are also mandatory because without them you can't play without using skills. They allow us to start our CwDT chains by doing the first ignite.

Ball Lightning setup here is the most important because when supported with Greater Multiple Projectiles it is the by far most hits per second skill we can use. Because of this you also want Combustion support linked to it for the Fire Resistance Reduction. Note that this gem also supports Abberath's Fury.

What I recommend is not starting this build until you can buy these boots because they also make your leveling experience much more smoother.

Quiver:
Скрытый текст

Just try to get Life, Resists and Dexterity. These quivers are quite cheap since bow builds usually go for big DPS on their quivers. Other stats are not important.

Belt:
Скрытый текст

Just get a Headhunter 4Head. I'm joking, this is by no means necesarry. I just like it a lot and to be honest it is actually bad for this build because of the new Nemesis mod: Grasping Vines. Once you steal it you are constantly slowing yourself which I hope will be changed soon.

Try to get a Rare belt like this with lots of Life and Resists. Skill effect duration implicit is good but not necesarry again. You can try to craft a belt with Essences of Sorrow to get a Dexterity roll on them which we need a lot.

Rings:
Скрытый текст

You need these rings before you get a Watcher's Eye to not die to self inflicted damage. After that they are no longer needed. You can replace these with Opal Rings for more damage or Two-Stone Rings for an easier cap on resists. You can also get more life by doing so. I was just too lazy to change them.

Flasks:
Скрытый текст

Because I use this build mainly for mapping and not bossing, I didn't feel the need for a Life Flask. Important things to note here are Quartz Flask and Witchfire Brew:

Quartz Flask lets you walk through monsters and this allows better pathing for Abberath's and lets you hit more enemies at once.

Witchfire Brew is for the second curse. If you don't want to use it drop the +1 curse node on the tree.

Other Options:
Скрытый текст

Gems:
Скрытый текст
You can pretty much change any gem in CwDT setups for more spells or less spells. I just used whatever felt better for me. If you are concerned about survivability you can throw in Immortal Call instead of Firestorm.

Boss Skill:
Скрытый текст
If you are not going to use Rat Cage/VMS shenanigans what I recommend is using Vaal Flameblast for boss killing. This skill has been reworked in 3.3 and is now and insane bosskiller. You can use the exact same supports as Vaal Molten Shell for it since we want actual hit damage from our boss skill.

Body Armour:
Скрытый текст

There are many options here if you are not going to use Vaal Molten Shell. These are some examples you can use. Note that you will need 6 blue gems for Vaal Flameblast setup. If you are on a budget Tabula Rasa or a Rare chest will do it for you. You can try to get a corrupted Tabula with +2 to Socketed AoE Gems for some damage boost.

JEWELS

You NEED a Watcher's Eye with the mod "+# Life Gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Vitality"!
Скрытый текст

This is really important for the build. Without it you will have to use Shaper Rings with Life gain on Hit for spells but it's hard to get good rings with that mod. This is the easiest way to get Life gain on Hit for this build currently.

Mods to look for on rare jewels:
  • % increased Fire Damage
  • % increased Burning Damage
  • % increased Damage over Time
  • % increased Damage
  • % increased maximum Life
  • +% to any Elemental Resistance you need

Problem is these jewels are pretty similar to the ones used by a very meta build at the moment. (RF) Because of this I decided to use Grand Spectrum Viridian Jewels which are relatively cheap at the moment. You can get 36% increased Elemental Damage from each of these jewels resulting not only a big increase in your ignite damage but also in your boss skill damage.

Here are my jewels:
Скрытый текст

I bought Grand Spectrums for 3c each. Rare jewels like this can give you up to 36% increased damage for your Ignite too. They were 1c each.

NOTES

First of all I would like to thank everyone who read this guide. I will try to add some gameplay videos If I can record but I never tried it before. I might also add a Leveling section with Leveling Passive Trees depending on demand. If you have any questions/suggestions/comments I will be happy to hear them and answer.
Последняя редакция: KaroDokuz. Время: 13 июля 2018 г., 13:57:36
Last bumped14 июля 2018 г., 12:21:18
reserved
Good job , im just waiting to try this build!!!
seems legit. i might try on next league
gayet ilginç. deneyeceğim.
Nice build!

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация