[OUTDATED] Ailmentalist - Shock & Spider Support

I made this build with inspiration of Empyrian's Delving Character. I am unsure of what his original tree was before the immunity memes but I tried my best to recreate what it might've been, and I also added in curses.

READ THIS BEFORE CONTINUING
3.7 changes
With the elementalist nerfs that occured in the latest content patch of path of exile, it is no longer possible for this build to reach shock cap, follow this guide at your own risk and please know that you wont be doing as much as you think you are.
I've marked the incorrect/outdated parts of the guide in red, and tried to clarify the changes below them in green, I hope that this helps you fix the build for yourself as I don't have time. If you wish to take this build all the way, make it better and put out another build guide on forums/youtube etc feel free to do so, I will gladly release the reigns.

What is this build?
This is a support build, we shock & chill monsters for the group, allowing them to deal 'More' Damage. Next to shocking enemies we also run 'Aspect of the Spider' to hinder enemies and give the group even more damage and survivability.

Is this better then a usual ascendant/guardian Aura bot?
No. We don't give enough damage or survivability to call this build a better support, in a group setting you should always prioritise a 'usual' aura bot. We give alternative defences/buffs then normal Aura bots, this build will still be useful in the group but it won't be giving the most damage out of all other supports.

Pros:
Meaty build, 7k+ es easily obtainable and with other supports in the group easily 8k-16k, more then enough for generic mapping.
We make use of the 'Chaos Inoculation' Keystone.
We are dual curse, we run temp chains and enfeeble on blasphemy. We get less curse effect then a occultist curse support but it's still enough to help the team.

Cons:
Elemental Proliferation is super laggy for party play.
Without brine king we don't have stun immunity, there are ways to resolve this issue such as 'Valyrium' and 'Kiara's Determination' but they have downsides of their own.
Our curses are useless against hexproof enemies.

Some Numbers
The Shock:
With current tree jewels and gear I currently get 150% increased effectiveness of non-damaging ailments/shock combined with Elementalist's Beacon of Ruin ascendancy this is enough to reach the current 'shock cap' of 'Enemies take 50% increased damage'
After the elementalist minimum shock changes (from 20% to 15% 150% increased shock effect will only reach 'enemies take 37.5% increased damage' there is no doubt ways to get more shock effect but its incredibly big investment.

Aspect of The Spider:
Spider gives us the biggest damage multiplier besides shock and its always active, small breakdown of aspect of the spider 'While active, periodically applies a Spider's Web debuff to nearby Enemies' Spiders web by default stacks 3 times, making the enemies take '5% increased damage per stack' and a one stack debuff of hider reducing their movement speed by 30%. With the Spider Boots 'Fenumus' Spinnerets' these boots allow aspect of the spider to have an additional stack making it so enemies take 20% increased damage.

Yoke of Suffering:
We use Yoke of Suffering mostly for the modifier 'Enemies take 5% increased Damage for each type of Ailment you have inflicted on them' granting us an additional 'enemies take 15% increased damage' but the full 15% is only really up on bosses that last more then 10 seconds.

Cinderswallow Urn:
This new flask added in 3.5 Betrayal gives us an additional 'enemies take 10% increased damage' if we've ignited an enemy with the flask active, this flask can be quiet inconsistent but it could be worth giving a shot.

Keep in mind that under perfect conditions you will be debuffing the enemy to take up to '95% increased damage' most of the time in generic map clear etc you wont be attacking at all to prevent crashing your carry/other party members so the only debuff you'll be applying is 'Spiders Web' stacks from aspect of the spider.

To apply the full 'Enemies take 95% increased damage' You'll need to:
have atleast 4 seconds to apply the full 4 stacks of 'Spiders Web' Debuff.
Apply Shock/Chill or Freeze/Ignite to get the full Yoke effect.
Apply Shock (which is 100% if you hit)
Apply Ignite with Cindersswallow flask up.
Ascendancy Pantheon Bandits
Ascendancy order should be:
Shaper of Desolation > Beacon of Ruin > Paragon of Calamity > Liege of the Primordial

Pantheons:
Brine King for major and minor Soul of Gruthkul.

Bandits:
Kill all.
Gear
mandatory uniques for this build to function:
Fenumus' Shroud, makes nearby enemies deal 10% reduced damage and gives nearby enemies -10% all resistance.
Fenumus' Spinnerets, Gives us the ability to stack an additional Spiders Web, effectively 5% more damage for the group, also gives us up to 20 energy shield on hit which is nice paired with a few skills.
The Yoke of Suffering, this amulet is huge for the party, making enemies take up to an additional 15% damage. Just more damage ontop of more damage.
Other uniques you could use:
Corona Solaris, this wand gives us a blinding aura making enemies have less of a chance to hit us.
Fenumus' Toxins, this helmet halves the time it takes for enemies to get spider stacks, I recommend going for a rare helmet with high energy shield, resistances or attributes if needed and a Curse effectiveness enchant for Temporal Chains or Enfeeble.
Alpha's Howl, this would have to be the second BIS helmet, only behind a rare decent ES helm, the free 8% reduced reservation allows us to run Dread Banner and keep the ability to cast phase run & use elemental hit, you can also get a corrupted one for +x level to socketed gems/aoe gems/aura gems. And allows us to drop freeze immunity on flasks for something else.

Rings:
You'll most likely want rare rings, but an option to consider is 'Mark of The Shaper' along with another shaper rare ring for Stun Immunity, opening up the possibility to change up your pantheon for something else, if I were to play this build again I'd go for this option.
Aspect of the Spider:
In 3.5 we now have beast craft aspect again, The Spider Gloves are not worth it for this build so you'll want to get aspect of the spider crafted on one of your pieces of gear, what piece is entirely up to you, just keep in mind it's a suffix and I hear you can't support it with Enlighten.

Where I got aspect of the spider in 3.4 Delve:

The rest of your gear:
It's all rares, if you think there's a unique that would fit better in these gear slots feel free to change them out.
Priority's:
1) Energy Shield.
2) 75/75/75 Resistances at least.
3) Attributes.
If you can't afford/fit attributes on your rare gear you could potentially get them on your jewewls.

Jewels:
Unique Jewels:
Energy from Within placed:

Conqueror's Efficiency
Combat Focus; Cannot choose Cold & Cannot choose Lightning placed:

You want to use Ele Hit Fire for consistent ignite chance, if you're using cold ele hit you would have to wait for ele conflux to be able to ignite.
Abyssal Jewel Stat Priority:
1) Energy shield
2) Shock Effectiveness
3) Resistances/Attributes if needed
Jewels can also be corrupted to have affixes you might want, currently as is jewels with 40+ energy shield and 8-10% shock effectiveness are inexpensive. If you're determined enough you could buy these jewels and try corrupting them for -1% mana reservation or 5-7% increased affect of non-damaging ailments, There are other implicits that would be nice to have but those two are especially interesting for this build, if you get enough shock effectiveness on jewels you could potentially spec out of shock nodes on tree, same goes for mana reservation.

Flasks:
All defensive flasks baby, heres what I run:

In 3.5 the new Cinderswallow Urn Silver Flask is pretty huge for us, Effectively a free 'Enemies take 10% increased damage' and 20% increased movement/attack/cast speed via onslaught. For your last flask slot I recommend a situation based defensive flask, Taste of Hate, Ruby or Topaz all work fine.
Passives & Pob
THIS TREE AND POB IS OUTDATED FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN LOSS
Generic outline for the tree is to pickup shockeffect, Chaos innoculation, Zealots oath, Resolute technique, and ES nodes.

Level 95 Elementalist: here
My pob: https://pastebin.com/KEW8cQnq
Gems
Elemental Hit setup(and main 5 link):
Ele hit-GMP-Faster Attacks-Unbound Ailments-Elemental Proliferation
Currently not sure on a 6th link.
4 Link 1:
Enlighten-Blasphemy-Enfeeble-Temporal Chains
4 Link 2:
Cast when damage taken-Arc-Ball Lightning or Shock Nova-Unbound Ailments
(ball lightning can be extremely laggy for the party)
4 Link 3:
Phase Run-Vaal Haste or Enhance-Efficacy-Increased Duration
3 Link 1:
Cast when damage taken-Immortal Call-Increased Duration
For your other 3-5 spair sockets it's up to you on what you want to do, if you're the only support you might want to run a discipline, you can also run your golem of choice but I personally recommend Chaos Golem or Stone Golem or both.
You can also fit in a banner if your reservations allow it.
That's all folks, you can message me ingame @dawes if you have any questions you want answered quickly. Have fun!
Последняя редакция: Dawes74. Время: 22 июня 2019 г., 17:28:47
Last bumped14 февр. 2019 г., 3:05:04
Where in the world are you putting your "cannot chose lightning" Combat Focus? AFAIK, the only spot you can put that is right below Sion, yet you don't have any points there.
Sorry for the late reply, the current wording on all Combat Focus Jewels is 'With 40 total X and Y in Radius, Elemental Hit cannot choose Lightning' which is incorrect, you only need 40 of X or Y or 40 of them combined for it to work, on my tree I picked up two Jewel slots on the left and right side of the scion spot which fits both Combat Focus -Fire and -Lightning perfectly.

Again sorry for the late reply, I've also updated the path of building pastebin so it should now work, if that's not the case you can import my Character via
IGN: Dawes74
Character name: Ailmentalist
League: Standard
This would be an outdated version of the builds gear, gems, and jewels but the tree should be up to date.
Последняя редакция: Dawes74. Время: 29 янв. 2019 г., 20:38:47
ty for build guide kangaroo coconut :]

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация