Tri-Herald Armageddon Brand Elementalist - Safe, Reliable, Beautiful damage (1M+ burst shaper DPS)

Fun elementalist build that works with very flexible gear requirements, can probably easily be remade into storm brand by swapping elemental focuses.

I run Celestial Herald mtx effect on all 3 heralds, so it is by far the most beautiful build I’ve played for clearing.

Playstyle for mapping consists of placing 1-3 brands, shield charging and pressing brand recall every time it's off cooldown, occasionally placing a new brand towards a pack of enemies. Due to running triple heralds, the mapping playstyle feels somewhat like a manual bomber. For bosses, place all brands and use brand recall on cooldown on top of the boss. In between brand recalls, 2 brands will attach to the boss, and you can just run around to dodge mechanics while still safely doing damage.

3.6 update:
Raw damage nerf to armageddon brand (we lose 1/6 flat damage, 1/6 added damage effectiveness, and very slightly slower activation time)
Top-end sceptres are slightly worse
Hard to run Elemental Overload and Controlled Destruction together, as crit chance can bottom out - heralds will cover this for clearing, hurts single target a bit, may be worth running alternate gem for single target/in general
Brand recall is cheaper - arcane surge may have to be a lower level

To be updated:
Leveling recommendation
Updates based on patch notes

Links

PoB:https://pastebin.com/1ewusv49
Note that we can NOT tick the shocked box in PoB, as we can't guarantee 50% shocks. As a result, dps in PoB shows 1 brand on an unshocked enemy. To get true damage after first hit, multiply by 2 for for 2 brands, and then by 1.2 (as with most elementalists, we guarantee 20% shocks) for shocked.

Shaper kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CqC1GO1LpE

Pros

Good enough damage
Can run around while doing damage
Low unique usage makes gear flexible and cheap
Clears almost as fast as you can shield charge, with occasional pauses for placing new brands
No required gear, recommend uniques are very few and relatively cheap (in BSC, 20-30c for Magna Eclipsis, 10-20c for Mark of the Shaper)

Cons

Probably never will have millions of DPS without crit
Have to double DPS from PoB because it only accounts for one brand
Figuring out DPS for using Brand Recall on cooldown is a little hard
Can encounter significant frame stutter on large packs, Inpulsa's not recommended as a result
As with 99.9% of all builds that leverage shock, PoB can't account for shock damage properly

Bandits, Pantheon, Ascendancy Order

Kill All bandits
Pantheon: Greater: Brine king for chain stun/freeze immunity, Lesser: poison immunity
Ascendancy: Shaper of Desolation=>Beacon of Ruin=>Pendulum of Destruction=>Mastermind of Discord

Skill Links

all links in order of priority on each skill
Armageddon Brand

On a 5l, drop Immolate. I got to level 90 before I got to use it and did everything up through t15s just fine without it. For a 4l, drop concentrated effect, but you should probably go tabula rasa over a 4l.

Brand Recall (in shield)

Make sure to keep arcane surge low enough to be triggered every time you use brand recall.

Heralds

Onslaught will trigger often while clearing maps, which is convenient.

Shield Charge

My movement skill of choice, can be easily swapped with whirling blades (or, if you have the right caster weapon, whirling blades).

Cast when Damage Taken

Some frenzy charge generation in Cold Snap, Vaal Cold Snap helps ensure frenzy charges when needed

Utility

for convenience

for boss dps

for gap closing

I've been running this for an extra dps boost on bosses. Popping Adrenaline is a huge dps gain, but for a very short time. Great for ending dangerous map bosses early, or pushing multi-phase bosses out of a dangerous phase a bit faster.

Recommended Uniques

Magna Eclipsis – This shield comes with some nice survivability (life, 1k elemental damage absorb), but most importantly comes with +2 level of socketed gems. Put your Brand Recall – Empower – Arcane Surge links in here. If possible, corrupt for +2 level of duration gems (and +1 all gems if really lucky), granting further +2 (or +4) levels to brand recall.

Mark of the Shaper – A staple in spell caster builds. Make sure your other ring is an elder ring (preferably warlords mark on hit)

Gear Recommendations by Slot

Weapon

Cheap version: rare with incursion mod %fire damage and flat fire damage added to spells, mastercraft flat fire damage to spells on.

If you have more money: isolate incursion mod (%fire damage and flat fire) on a sceptre, mastercraft multimod and good caster mods. I have one "wasted" mod in %crit chance, but multimodded on flat fire damage, cast speed, and non-chaos added as chaos:

Melee weapon required if using Leap Slam or Shield Charge.

Shield

See Recommended Uniques section for justification.

If you're rich, shoot for +2 duration/+1 all gem double corrupt.

Head

Life and resists are most important. An Armageddon Brand enchant can help, but is not necessary. I never needed one, but they WILL help.

Amulet

Ideal is elder amulet with non-chaos damage gained as chaos. %Physical gained as extra fire is not bad, as it scales both our raw fire damage and our chaos converted damage, but is not ideal.

Cheaper amulets with just life and resist are much cheaper, which helps if you can give up the minor dps gain of a better amulet.

Chest

Several decent options here. I opted for Carcass Jack, but Loreweave, Inpulsa's (if your computer can handle it), a good rare, or even a Belly of the Beast could work.

If you don't have a 5l here, I'd recommend running a Tabula Rasa.

Gloves

Life and resist are the most important things.

Rings

Mark of the Shaper, as mentioned above, is great for most spell casters if you can fit it in. As we benefit heavily from a Warlord's Mark elder ring, this seems like a no-brainer.

Belt

Stygian vises with life, resists, and elemental damage are probably the best option in this slot. Leather and heavy belts work fine until you can utilize a stygian vise.

Boots

Life, resists, and movement speed are all good here. There are some really good enchants on boots, so if you like running lab, I'd recommend trying to get them.

Could potentially run Kaom's Roots (and give up some utility links) if necessary (for uber elder for example).

Jewels

Flat damage and life are the best stats. Prioritize fire damage for raw dps, cold damage for utility of chills and freezes. My jewels are just an example, and far from ideal.

Flasks

Running 2 life flasks is nice, but one can be dropped for more utility. Make sure you cover the essentials with magic flasks: curse/bleed/freeze removal.

Leveling

in progress

Character: GaspMyBrand (Betrayal Soft Core)
Последняя редакция: Wruntjunior. Время: 5 марта 2019 г., 20:52:31
Last bumped4 марта 2019 г., 21:38:35
Just respec'ed and played this. Can check gear on my char. Went Aspect of the Spider over Banner because it came on the amulet I bought. Maybe spent 5ex to gear, but it is in standard, and i already had sceptre and loreweave.

Walked right into an alch and go Tower and steamrolled without ever using the skill before (level 21 AB and Brand recall are a bit pricy on standard if you never play it and just use what's left over from leagues).

I may try shaper tomorrow.

Seems like brands are going to get gutted a little based on the balance manifesto, though.

I almost feel like the 9% pen on the helmet is overkill because of all the pen elsewhere, but it felt nice to have those little swirly embers around. :D

*edit*

Shaper down. Deathless minus a wasted portal on Cursed King :P
Последняя редакция: rhapsodieinblue. Время: 5 марта 2019 г., 10:35:00

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация