Vulkan - Unable to save current preset.

Hi,

After the recent Nvidia driver update the game became unplayble on DX11, so I had to change to vulkan and now runs smooth again but, I get this error message from Vulkan saying: "Unable to save current preset. Make Sure you have write permissions to E:\CEMU\DefaultPreset.ini".

That's the problem, the folder no longer exist. This was my WiiU Emulator folder but it's been a while that I deleted that. So, I don't know what to do, hope you guys can help me out.

Last bumped3 окт. 2020 г., 13:48:52
"
Hi,

After the recent Nvidia driver update the game became unplayble on DX11, so I had to change to vulkan and now runs smooth again but, I get this error message from Vulkan saying: "Unable to save current preset. Make Sure you have write permissions to E:\CEMU\DefaultPreset.ini".

That's the problem, the folder no longer exist. This was my WiiU Emulator folder but it's been a while that I deleted that. So, I don't know what to do, hope you guys can help me out.

sounds like you didn't uninstall it properly. Maybe check your regedit for thins needed to be removed ??
Damn, I don't like to mess with regedit but after open it I found a lot of stuff related to CEMU, I don't know what to delete.
Update

I deleted everything related to CEMU on my Registry Editor, and no changes. I still get the error.
CEMU probably change settings for some vulkan layers (layers are a kind of vulkan plugins to keep things simple)

There is an optional system variable to set vulkan layers VK_INSTANCE_LAYERS

1. use (windows key+R)
2. type systempropertiesadvanced
3. Hit OK, a window should open.
4. In this window, click on environment variables.
5. In the next window, look for VK_INSTANCE_LAYERS in system variables.
6. Empty or remove this variable.

I don't know if CEMU uses other vulkan variables (but you should remove them if you see others here).

As far as i know, vulkan system variables are mainly for development and no games add them (i don't have any on my pc unless i play with the vulkan dev kit).
Последняя редакция: MrVaad. Время: 2 окт. 2020 г., 16:14:30
"
MrVaad написал:
CEMU probably change settings for some vulkan layers (layers are a kind of vulkan plugins to keep things simple)

There is an optional system variable to set vulkan layers VK_INSTANCE_LAYERS

1. use (windows key+R)
2. type systempropertiesadvanced
3. Hit OK, a window should open.
4. In this window, click on environment variables.
5. In the next window, look for VK_INSTANCE_LAYERS in system variables.
6. Empty or remove this variable.

I don't know if CEMU uses other vulkan variables (but you should remove them if you see others here).

As far as i know, vulkan system variables are mainly for development and no games add them (i don't have any on my pc unless i play with the vulkan dev kit).

These are the only variables that I have.
Последняя редакция: dirtyrottenflieger. Время: 2 окт. 2020 г., 16:37:08
Hmmm, then i don't know how they mess with vulkan.
Последняя редакция: MrVaad. Время: 2 окт. 2020 г., 16:55:44
Oh well, I guess I'll have to learn to live with the message until nvidia fix their shit and I can switch back to dx11.
Okaay, it seems there's also a way to do the same thing through the registry, look at :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Khronos\Vulkan\ExplicitLayers
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Khronos\Vulkan\ImplicitLayers

Keep layers used by your programs (steam for example)

znd perhaps some settings that CEMU has modified in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Khronos\
or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Khronos\Vulkan\
Последняя редакция: MrVaad. Время: 2 окт. 2020 г., 16:59:27
"
MrVaad написал:
Okaay, it seems there's also a way to do the same thing through the registry, look at :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Khronos\Vulkan\ExplicitLayers
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Khronos\Vulkan\ImplicitLayers

Keep layers used by your programs (steam for example)

znd perhaps some settings that CEMU has modified in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Khronos\
or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Khronos\Vulkan\

So, I only have Implicit keys:

And for the looks of it the only one that I don't know what it's about is the ReShade64 one, so I don't know if I can delete it or not. And I tried to search for CEMU once again on the regedit and this came up:

But same thing, I don't know if I can delete that one. Maybe I have to reinstall Vulkan?

Последняя редакция: dirtyrottenflieger. Время: 2 окт. 2020 г., 18:32:13

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация