[3.20] Ball Lightning CwC Sprinkler | Elementalist | Nimis

Introduction
WARNING: This is a rather meme build. After watching videos about how broken players could become, I started tinkering with various build ideas and combinations until one thing was left in my mind. A wake of damage behind me that does the work. Now for the more formal info...

The initial concept was a cape of lightning that spreads behind me, doing dot damage and killing enemies. Since Metamorph, it has evolved into something a bit different.
The main goal is spraying ball lightnings everywhere and exploding enemies to clear packs. Leveraging shock on bosses to actually damage them faster than regen. And using twitch skills to live and win in 6 portals.

Something I found over time is that there is a lot of headroom to grow in damage for this build. The basic setup can easily clear t16 juiced maps. The full tilt can do so as well, however I haven't been divine enough to minmax every stat and test it against ubers, wave 30, etc. As I write this, the most I got to was wave 21 and clearing all but Maven and ubers. I can dps Maven, just not enough battle experience.

When coming to Elementalist, I did this basic build with every base class. And it does work in each of them. So you COULD roll it as a duelist, or ranger, etc.

Videos
What it started with - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZQWSHp2WWQ&ab_channel=SeikojinSama

Gear
Скрытый текст
For the most part, gearing is pretty simple.
During acts, anything to increase spell damage is the name of the game. At some point, you want to pick up Cast while Channeling, Ball Lightning, and Cyclone. You can slot them into a 4link with any 4th gem to help. Recommending lightning pen.

After the acts, you will want to get a sire of shards and start working it up to its 6link state.

Then you want to get an Inpulsa and Storm's Gift to start exploding packs. By this time you should have or plan to do the Ascendancy trial and take Shaper of storms for 100% shock chance.

After this, or before the Inpulsa state, you may want a Stampede. This will fix move speed.

At this point, gear is all about upgrades and fixing. Best things to have for quality of life are:
Ring with conductivity on hit
Ring with Life and Mana on spell hit
Amulet with lighting damage leech and lots of mana regen (blue pearl)
Cluster (large) with Doriyani's, Overshock and Prismatic
jewel with corrupted blood protection
Watcher's eye with any wrath, determination, or clarity mod
Helm with Additional Ball Lightning Projectile

Upgrades to gear
Скрытый текст
From here, upgrades can be in the form of anything really. This league I got a Nimis with actually allows the ball lightnings to return. It also shoots in random directions. So this really replaces the Sire. Which allows the build to use a better weapon. With a Nimis, you could do 1 hander and shield, or another 2 hander.

The budget upgrades would be to upgrade the rings to be Opal rings and influenced to give more damage and lightning damage. Similar with the amulet. Find some decent gloves and Searing/Eater influence them to have exposure on hit and shock spreading. There are also belts that can add damage and lightning damage. You can Eater/Searing influence the helm to do more damage as well.

Not so budget upgrades are a watcher's eye with lightning pen while using wrath. Then, if you want to go with Annihilating Light, you would need all your gear to have res. If you want Omniscience, you NEED triple t1 stats on all rares, like all omni builds :)
The most expensive upgrades:
Nimis - this replaces sire. So with this, you can replace the weapon with a +5 cwc built in stick (none exist), Agenrod West, Annihilating Light, some weapon+shield combo, etc.
+2 lvl amulet - hopefully with mana regen and lightning damage leech.
Mageblood: if you want to use mageblood, go for it. It doesn't really offer much offensively. However it is the only thing that can increase move speed better than Stampede's.

Skilltree
The general plan is to wheel around the left side. this allows us to get mana res picks, keep stats good for gem level, and bump defensive layers to keep our sub 3k lifepool fine for most situations.
Скрытый текст
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.20.1/AAAABgMCewW1DjwRDxEtEzUUcRSwFm8XLxekGYoajRqPHRQi6icLKk0tfTBeMeEyATNsNZI2iTboOlI7DT8nSVJKyEwtTItRTFXWV8hYr1nzWyZfsGHrZOdmVGaeZ71pnm2sbqpvO3GFcqlzDngNfIN9W36vf_uApIIHg7aExYV7hmCG0Y0LjRmNv46-j0aQ-pLBlWaboZu1oSOnCKlurEesmKyqrQqvlLIZtQS1hbXywBrBtMKcwzrGRcekyA3KSs962L3ZX9l82rndjN9t37DgEuNq5cDmdujW6hjr7uw470vvUO_r9On1GPba9xP3MvfX9_r46_rS-wn7lgAIuhowXncmrQr9a6-UNb3CnN7yxkX68eXAT4z3-uog-5Y=?accountName=Seikojin&realm=pc&characterName=SeikojinSanctum

Gem Setup
Main
Скрытый текст
Cyclone + Awakened Cast While Channeling + Divergent Ball Lightning + Slower Projectile Support + Awakened Lightning Penetration Support + Awakened Controlled Destruction Support

Flame Wall + Efficacy + Elemental Focus + Swift Affliction

Aura
Скрытый текст
Determination + Grace + Wrath + Herald of Thunder + Clarity + Enlighten

Also running Defiance Banner elsewhere

Utility
Скрытый текст
Portal
Summon Flame Golem
Frostblink

Stats/Pictures
Скрытый текст
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Seikojin/SeikojinSanctum?i=0&search=class%3DElementalist%26item%3DSire-of-Shards
Последняя редакция: Seikojin. Время: 29 янв. 2023 г., 20:32:51
Last bumped30 янв. 2023 г., 1:56:18
Reserved for addendums
Reserved because I can 8-)

I saw the build in action, looks like a pleasant build to clear maps or blind your RL enemies!

The fact it's been going for a few (many?) leagues clearly means something...
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
What are the defence layers?
I am about to edit the main post to better layout the path from 1-100 and what choices I make and how it plays out in PoB and in game.

For the question, it typically rolls 65-75% phys damage reduction, 75-80% evasion, 75% all ele, and usually 35-40 chaos res. 100% spell suppression and 53% spell damage reduction.

I have found with flasks, you can boost the defensive values a bit (85% phys, 85% evade, cap chaos res, reduce elemental damages), however, I typically use flasks for more spot damage or not at all. With alters and bosses, flasks aren't a reliable source until mageblood. Then it becomes a very different game.
It would be nice if I could minimize the bulletstorm, however, it is easy to know player vs enemy by getting a decent/unique mtx for the BL. :)

Yeah it is interesting how drastic clear is with the inpulsa + profane bloom.
Maybe I'm blind and just can't find it, but do you have a PoB?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация