[3.24 Update] Chaos ranged Animate Weapon build | Annihilate Uber Bosses | excellent mapper

[3.24] Update:

The PoBs have been updated to the degree of available Information. Bone Barrier can be utilized as soon as you get access to a 4w-Triad Grip but does require Ghost Reaver in the ES versions of the medium budget and onwards.

I also changed the ES based High Budget (ES) to include Tempered by War + Max Fire Res to increase survivability against Uber Bosses. Damage Taken as works best when the ability in question has a lot of Elemental Penetration like Uber Shaper's Accelerating Orbs. This version should be much more enjoyable to play against Ubers now.

I also added life based versions that utilize the Covenant which boots damage significantly. They don't require Ghost Reaver which saves passive points and the High Budget can make use of Divine Flesh and Fourth Vow if you want to scale the defences even further (albeit at a hefty reduction in damage).

Intro:

Hi everyone,

I want to show you my chaos ranged Animate Weapon Necromancer which is a variation of the melee version that was made viable in 3.23 due to the introduction of the transfigured skill gem Animate Weapon of Ranged Arms.

Basics:

The skill animates Lingering Blades (which we create with Bladefall) to summon temporary minions with a long duration (~85s). They deal ranged dmg to a single target and can be scaled significantly via minion modifiers like flat added physical and chaos damage, attack speed, crit as well as +levels.

Class/Ascendancy:

We want to play AW on the Necromancer so we can grab Commander of Darkness, Mindless Aggression, Unnatural Strength and Mistress of Sacrifice for increased minion damage, -resistances, -life and -duration aswell as Offerings applying to the player.

Bandits & Pantheon:

Kill all bandits for the passive points.

Use Soul of the Brine King for freeze immunity and reduced chill effect as well as Soul of Abberath for burning ground immunity and reduced ignite duration in the ES based version whereas in the Life based version you want to use Soul of Ryslatha for flask charges and increased life flask recovery on low life.

Leveling:

The melee version of the skill gem can be accessed after the quest 'Breaking some eggs' in act 1 but is only used after acquiring unleash support at the end of act 4. Until then I recommend leveling with Absolution for a ease of play. The ranged version is a transfigured gem which you can get from the lab or via trade.

Build showcase and in-depth video guide

https://youtu.be/zIK16KjyaNw

This Video features an Uber bossing showcase and the full build guide for 3 different levels of investment (2, 50, 300 divs).

Pros and cons

Pros:
+ semi-permanent minion due to it's long duration
+ amazing scaling: 150m+ SDPS for the High budget, even without Vaal Animate Weapon being active
+ Vaal Animate Weapon boosting the already insane dmg even higher while active
+ inherently aggressive minion, prioritizing enemies over following you even in the absence of a 'Minions are aggressive' modifier in your build
+ One of the few ranged minions that follow the player and can be convocated to your position
+ The large number of AWs shield the player from most melee attacks and non-piercing projectiles either directly (by body-blocking) or indirectly (by drawing aggro)

Cons:
- Animating all weapons takes time, especially for the high budget version unless you're using unleash
- Like other temporary minions the weapons disappear on loading screens (including death) which makes re-entering dangerous invitations a challenge
- Vaal Animate Weapon has a long soul gain prevention timer (40s) and summons melee weapons which means they aren't fully supported when using ranged support gems like Pierce

Gear and Gems

Spectres and AG

The spectres depend on the budget level and can be found in the skill section on the left in the item tab of the PoBs.

The range of spectres used include Carnage and Host Chieftain for charges, Pale Seraphim for the debuff and the Arena Master as well as the Perfect Hulking Miscreation for the buffs.

The gear of the AG heavily depends on the budget and can be found in the gear section of the respective PoBs.

Changed the High Budget to include Bone Barrier + Ghost Reaver and Tempered by War + Max Fire Res to increase survivability against Uber Bosses. Damage Taken as works best when the ability in question has a lot of Elemental Penetration like Uber Shapers Accelerating Orbs. This version should be much more enjoyable to play against Ubers now.

PoBs

Low Budget Chaos rAW Necromancer: https://pobb.in/hXKXIcEkETpe
Medium Budget Chaos rAW Necromancer: https://pobb.in/M9SYiqeMWCGa (Life Based)
Medium Budget Chaos rAW Necromancer: https://pobb.in/6uf9kfO8-CTs (ES based)
High Budget Chaos rAW Necromancer: https://pobb.in/C5hM8MSmcECF (Life Based)
High Budget Chaos rAW Necromancer: https://pobb.in/3kX7sEngWdZR (ES based)
High Budget Chaos rAW Necromancer: https://pobb.in/_ToPrlpYWPf6 (3.23 version)

Miscellaneous:

Crafting guides for most of the items and additional chaos ranged AW Necromancer content can be found in the description of the video guide. A skill guide for the campaign and atlas passive tree progression can be found in the Low Budget PoB.

Enjoy!
Последняя редакция: Corak_de. Время: 24 апр. 2024 г., 16:06:30
Last bumped24 апр. 2024 г., 15:15:51
Thank you very much for this build! The campaign guide helped me a lot during my league start. It has been a lot of fun playing it.

What would be the priority list for minion stats (damage, atk/cast speed, etc)?

I know you already pointed it out, but I've been having a hard time going by without unleash. I really want to take it out but summoning the weapons take so long with my current build.

I already had my AG die twice (one to Veritania and another to a very strong abyss monster) so I don't like the idea of using Arena Master very much. I am currently trying Perfect Warlord!
"
teresaalice написал:
Thank you very much for this build! The campaign guide helped me a lot during my league start. It has been a lot of fun playing it.

What would be the priority list for minion stats (damage, atk/cast speed, etc)?

Flat dmg, +levels, minion dmg/attack speed after that

"
teresaalice написал:
I know you already pointed it out, but I've been having a hard time going by without unleash. I really want to take it out but summoning the weapons take so long with my current build.

I use unleash support depending on the following conditions, mapping example:

Enemies die easily, AW has no survivability issues = Unleash
Enemies don't die easily, AW has survivability issues = Unleash
Enemies don't die easily, AW has no survivability issues = dmg support gem

It also depends on the league mechanic in question so whenever I move a lot I tend to go with Unleash (e.g. Breach) but for static encounters I use a dmg support instead (e.g. Blight).

You only want to use Unleash for Bossing if your weapons die a lot or you have to get back into an Invitation after dying.

"
teresaalice написал:

I already had my AG die twice (one to Veritania and another to a very strong abyss monster) so I don't like the idea of using Arena Master very much. I am currently trying Perfect Warlord!

AG dying against Veritania happens when it get's stuck in the clouds, convocation is your friend here. For strong monsters regen is all it needs so a double influenced chest should fix that problem.

The AG really shouldn't die to anything except for corpse explosions on bosses (e.g. blight) everything else is usually improper gearing or a different type of player mistake.
Последняя редакция: Corak_de. Время: 2 февр. 2024 г., 19:41:34
3.24 update please
I did a preliminary 3.24 update for the PoBs.
Последняя редакция: Corak_de. Время: 24 марта 2024 г., 18:02:47
So we can drop Triad Grip due change with Unholy Might?
Последняя редакция: ArcioShiranai. Время: 24 марта 2024 г., 14:01:02
"
ArcioShiranai написал:

No, it's better to keep the 4w-Triad Grip and get Bone Barrier for Phys DMG reduction, minion survivability and player recovery instead of Unnatural Strength.

This change is also reflected in the PoBs.
Последняя редакция: Corak_de. Время: 24 марта 2024 г., 14:17:05
"
Corak_de написал:
"
ArcioShiranai написал:

No, it's better to keep the 4w-Triad Grip and get Bone Barrier for Phys DMG reduction, minion survivability and player recovery instead of Unnatural Strength.

This change is also reflected in the PoBs.

without the Vorici craft getting 4W will be super hard
What do u think about Withering Touch Support + new Unholy Might?
50% chance to inflict Withered sounds good, perma 15 stacks
and we can use Breathstealer or Vixen gloves?
"
BeRse написал:
without the Vorici craft getting 4W will be super hard

True. Might be more of a medium budget item now. You now either have to double corrupt it, buy the equivalent version dropped in the Vaal Temple or make them yourself with a combination of Omen of Blanching + Vaal Orb.
Последняя редакция: Corak_de. Время: 25 марта 2024 г., 7:48:05

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация