[3.23 HC] Volcanic Fissure of Snaking Totems powered by Hollow Palm-Feared Down

Yes, a Hierophant Dex Stacker. And the most fun I've had with a build possibly ever. Read on!

Why this build?
Скрытый текст

1. Because it has better damage projection than any other totem skill I've played. The Snaking Fissure seems to travel up to one and a half to two screens away while mapping so long as there are enemies in that direction.

2. Because it can get 8-11M/sec of single target damage without an absurd amount of investment.

*3. Because it has enough defense to cheerfully tank the mostly incidental damage that comes its way, including:
a. 7k life/mana pool
b. 5.5 second 2-4k left click molten shell on a 2.5 second cooldown
c. 20k-40k armour without/with flasks
d. 4 permanent endurance charges
e. 100% spell suppression
f. Totems that begin taunting immediately on summon for 2 seconds
g. Optionally, totems also have chance to taunt on hit
h. In 1/2 cold variant, immunity to Freeze/chill/Shock/Ignite
i. In 1/2 cold variant 33%+ attack block

4. Because playing without weapons, shields, or gloves is cool and meta skills are boring and expensive.

5. Disclaimer: This build was made in and for HC. Though I'm sure it would be fine over in SC, there are plenty of higher damage builds out there if that is what you are looking for (this one currently tops out around 8-11M pinnacle boss dps/sec).

*I have transitioned into a version which trades having only around a 6k life/mana pool for about 20% more damage. Significant additional expense, but has been very enjoyable today. Gear requirements and POB for this one are now posted below.

**I have moved further into a more balanced version with similar damage to the original, 1/2 fire and 1/2 cold. I have found the chill to be an excellent addition for pinnacle boss fights and just took down The Feared for the first time with this version. Video & POB provided below.

Videos:
Скрытый текст

1. Vs. T17 Abyss with Lich https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zlz8fuC-QQ

2. Vs. Maven https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gcKwzrKzhw

3. Vs moderately rolled T16 Canyon at 4K wisps, double empowered Maven witnessed Boss https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JW5DUgKTLE

4. 1/2 Cold variant vs. The Feared https://youtu.be/mldyr3Uoql4

Gear List:
Скрытый текст

Not pictured:
One with Nothing
One Medium 4 socket totem cluster jewel with sleepless sentries
One Careful Planning jewel
One Fluid Motion Jewel (not used in 1/2 cold variant)
One Brutal Restraint with at least one 5% dex node in a relevant locations
One anti-corrupted blood jewel
One balance of terror granting %phys added as random element if elemental weakness was cast in last ten seconds

Optionally for 1/2 cold variant add:
Unnatural instinct
Ancestral visions
Taste of Hate
Lion's Roar
(4 flasks only if using a Balbala Brutal restraint to make use of the Traitor)

Charms including the following stats (in order of importance):
1. Totems taunt for 2 seconds after summoning
2. Chance to cover rare's/uniques in ash
3. Culling strike/added phys as random elemental damage/ele pen
4. Chaos res per endurance charge and/or your choice of defensive mechanics. At the original tie of writing, I was using 20% life regen every 4 seconds and recoup % of damage dealt to totems

**For Charm based defensive mechanics, I have transitioned to taunt on hit (which will be used by your totems) and +% attack block. Coupled with the additional 9% granted by a well placed unnatural instinct, it isn't hard to get 30%+ attack block.

If you are not already aware of it, there is a timeless jewel calculator website (just google "timeless jewel calculator") that you can use to evaluate Brutal Restraints prior to purchase.

Getting a combination of 6R/W sockets in a Briskwrap can be challenging. The build will function just fine on 5R 1G--substitute Faster attacks for Ele damage with attacks. Color your Briskwrap with 3R on the bench until you hit a 4th. Then use Vorici 1-6 until you white socket one (or ideally both) of the remaining greens.

**For the 1/2 Cold variant, you will want 4R 1G 1B/W, which is significantly easier to get with the above method.

The belt is crafted with Deafening essences of Sorrow. Start with a synthesized base with a percent dex implicit of at least thirteen. Use blessed orbs as necessary to get this to 15. Scour, and use 4 intrinsic catalysts to get the implicit to 18. Then apply essences until done. I used to do the rings with sorrows also, but crafting rings with essences is crazy-making. I highly recommend getting rings with a T1 or T2 fractured dex roll, then using either aberrant fossils or harvest reroll for chaos until you get the combination of stats you need.

OPTIONAL GEAR FOR UPGRADED DAMAGE VARIANT:
Скрытый текст

One 5 passive voices
Two Dex/Life Split Personality jewels
Instead of the medium 4 socket with only sleepless sentries, Three medium 4 or 5 socket totem cluster jewels with a total of at least +11 strength and these 5 recommended nodes: Sleepless Sentries, Ancestral Preservation, Snaring Spirits, Ancestral Reach and Ancestral Echo. 6th can be any other useful totem node, or a duplicate Echo or Reach. The jewels must not have +int as a stat. For purposes of counting the +11, +all attributes DOES NOT COUNT. The reason this is necessary is to keep strength at least one point higher than int so the dex bonus on Fractal Thoughts stays active. To the extent you have strength on your corrupted blood jewel, that can also count toward this requirement.

Links:
Скрытый текст

VFoS>Earthbreaker>Multistrike>Melee Damage>Fire Pen>Ele damage with attacks
Vaal Ancestral Warchief>Multiple totems
Determination>Eternal Blessing
Flame dash
Molten Shell
Phase Run
Flammability (Ele Weakness if using Balance of Terror and/or 1/2 cold variant)

Late game I recommend getting Awakened melee damage (which grants intimidate at lvl 5) and awakened flammability (which grants exposure at lvl 5) relatively early. These tend to not be overly expensive for the benefit provided. Awakened multistrike is powerful, but absurdly expensive. Awakened ele damage with attacks is a niche-use luxury--at lvl 5 it will make your totems immune to ele reflect. Not really worth the cost until you have upgraded everything else.

**For 1/2 Cold variant, change main links to VFOS>Earthbreaker>Multistrike>Awakened Melee Damage>Elemental Pen>Hypothermia
Awakened multistrike would also be strong if obtainable.

POB original variation:
Скрытый текст
https://pobb.in/5JEmgj3P1xc7

Note: DPS is variable depending on whether Magmatic strikes and/or Vaal ancestral warchief are up. Magmatic strikes is up 40% of the time and Warchief is up about a third of the time. POB will show DPS per totem, which will vary depending on whether you have magmatic strikes clicked in the configuration and whether you have Vaal Warchief active or not.

Against a single target VFoS will hit typically hit twice and you have three totems. For actual dps multiply by 6 and then add damage from 2 ancestral warchiefs. When I do the math, I come up with a range of roughly 8.5-11.5M pinnacle boss dps/sec at full build.

POB upgraded damage / reduced defenses variation:
Скрытый текст
https://pobb.in/RdRR-Pb78VM-

POB 1/2 cold 1/2 fire variation (HC Feared Killer):
Скрытый текст
https://pobb.in/kAbZhIeeth5I

Bandits:
Скрытый текст
Kill them all

Pantheon:
Скрытый текст

Brine King (Solaris if going ailment immune)
Ralakesh

Leveling tips:
Скрытый текст

1. Start by heading to the intersection with MOM. Go up from there to the nearest large jewel socket. Socket hollow palm right away. Remember to remove your weapons AND GLOVES. Use Smite>Ancestal call>momentum>Faster attacks. Go from a karui ward amulet to astramentis at lvl 20 and you will already be running over the game. Dont worry about totems yet.

2. Slot your careful planning, take MOM, and take the heart and soul cluster right away. This will provide a decent amount of tanky breathing room while leveling.

3. Dont switch to totems until you have done your first ascendancy. Plan to take ancestral bond at the same time you take pursuit of faith and switch to VFoS at that moment. Other than ancestral bond, your next destinations are magmatic strikes, the 40% conversion fire mastery, and slotting your fluid motion.

4. Next stops are weathered hunter and precise technique. You can spec into the accuracy mastery that grants additional accurancy per dex if necessary to activate precise technique--you will be able to drop this by endgame.

5. Grab Utmost swiftness and then head to iron reflexes. Take Iron reflexes and Magebane at about the same time. When you reach level 54, it is time to unspec the upper jewel slot, add in your Sleepless sentries jewel, and move one with nothing onto it in the lower jewel slot.

6. Continue to fill out the rest of the tree in an order that suits you. Or post questions about it and I'll try to come back to answer them. :>

Hope some of you have as much fun with it as I have been

Good luck!
-Orion
Последняя редакция: Orion72. Время: 2 февр. 2024 г., 12:47:03
Last bumped16 марта 2024 г., 13:06:45
Video added showing moderately rolled T16 Canyon at 4k wisps with double empowered Maven witnessed boss. Friend suggested this would give a better sense of how the build plays vs. the current league mechanic.

-O
Build is very good especially for the beginning of the league, available to all practically has a great map sweep, the only disadvantage in my opinion a little lack of damage.
"
_Stalker_2018 написал:
Build is very good especially for the beginning of the league, available to all practically has a great map sweep, the only disadvantage in my opinion a little lack of damage.

Understood. Build was made in and for hc, so focus was on balancing enough damage with adequate defenses. There are surely lots of higher damage builds out there.

That said, I am always open to feedback and suggestions. If you have thoughts on how the damage might be significantly improved, I am happy to hear them.

-O
Последняя редакция: Orion72. Время: 14 янв. 2024 г., 18:40:40
Took the earlier comment regarding lack of damage to heart. Tweaked a few things and found a (significantly more expensive) variant that goes down to about a 6k life/mana pool and gets about 20% more damage in exchange. That POB and gear list are now posted in the guide.

-O
Ok.Thanks for the quick response :-)
On a slightly different variant, just took down The Feared in HC for the first time. Video and POB link below and added to the guide. HPVFOS Totems FTW!

Video: https://youtu.be/mldyr3Uoql4
POB: https://pobb.in/kAbZhIeeth5I

-O
Последняя редакция: Orion72. Время: 2 февр. 2024 г., 4:45:21
Are you sure this was HC? O__Orion__O seems to be in standard and no records of it being in HC seem to show up on ninja. Not hating just would like clarification as it's defenses are quite low.
Deleted
Последняя редакция: Orion72. Время: 16 марта 2024 г., 13:07:02
"
flclboy написал:
Are you sure this was HC? O__Orion__O seems to be in standard and no records of it being in HC seem to show up on ninja. Not hating just would like clarification as it's defenses are quite low.

At 54 seconds into the video, you can see me relog. On that screen, you can see that it is my HC character (Red background instead of Blue) O__Orion__O that I log back into. So yes, I am quite sure. The character did die later and was moved to standard, but at the point I completed feared it was an HC run.

As to the defenses, I suppose it depends on what you are comparing to. It's definitely not built to tank feared boss slams. However, the chill from doing 1/2 cold damage does a lot of work in making those much easier to avoid mechanically. A good example can be seen at 27 seconds into the video where the Shaper slam manifests quite slowly due to the chill. The totem taunt (both immediately on placement and on hit) is also doing significant work in keeping enemies' focus on our totems instead of us. So while the numerical defenses might not be what you would expect, the mechanical defenses (for lack of a better term) make it so there is a lot less incoming damage for the numerical defenses to handle.

-O
Последняя редакция: Orion72. Время: 16 марта 2024 г., 13:27:38

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация