Australian Test Gateway Feedback (Updated)

Edit:
We have applied another fix for the latency spikes, and it's looking good so far. We will continue to monitor the stability, please let us know if you have further problems.

Hi guys, we are ready to do a (hidden) public test of our new Australian gateway.

If you are in the Australia or NZ region, we want to know what your experiences are like playing on this server. Please play there and report back in this thread if you experience any problems.

If the test is a success, we will add more servers and officially support the Australian gateway!

This gateway currently consists of 1 server only, so it can get easily full. If this happens, you may not be able to join new areas.

To try it out type "Australia" in the gateway box and log in as normal.

FAQ:

Can I play with players on other gateways?

Yes. This gateway works just like any other PoE gateway, which means that you can still play with players on other gateways, but if you choose to do so then you may get a higher ping while playing with those players.

Can I play with my existing characters?

Yes. Your characters and items span across all PoE gateways, and this one is included.

Do I lose any progress I make on this server?

You will not. The Australia server is a test, but it is also a normal PoE gateway server meaning that all your characters and items are shared across the entire realm.
Path of Exile II - Game Director
Последняя редакция: Thomas. Время: 17 мая 2013 г., 20:27:55
I'm a little bit concerned by the fact that a lot of people are reporting spikes. In theory it should be perfectly stable.

We will talk to the server host and try to get it resolved.

Can I get a few people that are getting these small spikes to use the "pathping" tool to au.login.pathofexile.com and paste the output? Just type "pathping au.login.pathofexile.com". It takes about 5 minutes to run.

I'm interested to see if there is any packet loss.
Path of Exile II - Game Director
Thanks for the feedback, guys! We've been talking with the server host since yesterday about the lag spikes and they're looking into it. As far as we can see, data to/from the server just stalls every now and then.

That's why we have it in testing like this - so that we can make sure it works properly before going ahead with the plan. We'll let you know as soon as we have an update.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
We are applying some changes to the Australian gateway to prevent the lag spikes people have been seeing. It should be back soon.
The Australia gateway is back up and we believe the latency spikes are gone. Please try playing on there and let us know if you have any further problems. Also sorry about the lack of warning earlier.
Spoke too soon, seems the latency spikes have started back up again... we will continue to investigate.
We applied another fix this morning, and so far it's looking good (as many of you have noticed). Please let us know if you have any further problems.
Hi guys,

Just an update on the Vodafone issue - our AU server host are aware of this issue and are currently trying to get it resolved from their end. We expect to have the issue resolved within the next 48 hours.

I'm also trying to gather information from people who are unable to play in race leagues on the AU gateway as we have been unable to reproduce the issue ourselves. If you are having these problems can you post which ISP you're with, whether it happens all the time or only at the start of a race), whether you can get around the problem by creating a new character, and any other details that seem relevant.

Thanks.
Thanks for the extra details, I think we've found the problem now and fixed it. Please let us know if you continue to have any problems with race leagues on the AU gateway.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация