Cold Crit Witch build

Последняя редакция: Hodari. Время: 20 авг. 2014 г., 13:20:14
"
Hodari написал:

Question for you: How do you know when you have "enough" crit from the passives tree? I notice you don't grab a lot of the crit related nodes near you as I can find - is the expectation that your gear would provide the crit chance and multiplier you need to make it all work?
Последняя редакция: AlfaTangOh. Время: 20 авг. 2014 г., 7:33:20
Mana regen?
You are going crit but you don't pick up any Power Charges on tree? And you should probably pick up some mana regen nodes. Even if you'd use mana leech on lets say Freeze Pulse the mana regen combined with base mana and clarity would let you run a decent lvl of AA.
IGN: QSTNMRK
Последняя редакция: HaxzoR. Время: 20 авг. 2014 г., 7:45:52
This build lacks mana regen, crit and power charges... i dont think this build has any chance of succeeding tbh, it needs a complete rework. Maybe you should consider going for a non-crit freeze build with a lot of chance to freeze nodes instead?
Im going to be rolling a cold crit shadow in the new league. That said Im not overly thrilled with how few crit nodes there "appear" to be in the new shadow start, but if I were to go witch I would do something more like this:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA34qPpoIQ37AsnFWuRKuvmxBYGyVLrukCbRnZWxFQpys1uR1Pgh7B85UgLR-IQsHFF1RMLRSw7BhWYxXXhq4sv9--hcVCSysNTLOLejbFHwIEB8NtXGuESOL3AW_zvt6w5wudrqcI2CQNfFfJLKam6zeD6ro0Cjdm8h1knev1j_rQ9UGWrrMFQl3yDkgRln_G34RCw56hVkqOPCKBkycc3LQMES8rCrb32t0VUCt4H8eQ1vDVSVEC_ow2cNVwUonTY0NQMIV9KU_kIhpsjHZN2DrY7Di4yjt8D8Siow==

Basically all I did was take what you had, drop a few of the lesser es nodes and grab power charges, more crit, more of the noteable es nodes, and a couple of noteable dmg nodes. In my opinion both Breath of Rime and Fingers of Frost are lacklustre nodes. The easily accessible cold nodes are pretty decent, but in the long run crit and crit multi are going to far outweigh the 10% cold dmg and 15% chance to freeze. If youre going cold crit, your crits will be freezing everything anyway, there isn't really a need for the 15% freeze from non-crits. Plus once you crit one mob ele prolif makes the entire screen stop moving at higher levels.

Editted to add that Throatseeker and Assassination nodes are pretty much a must for any ice spear build. I also think you are really going to need the Deep Thoughts node at least until you have a very high mana pool from gear and can get a high level clarity running. Its only 2 points out of your way that I think you should grab and consider respeccing out of later when you can sustain casting without it. And unless you are playing with a group and have a stupid high es bubble, ghost reaver and life leach gem are going to be your friend.

Also Spell Echo would be my suggestion for levelling, and switch it to faster casting when you can afford it (in terms of mana cost.)
IGN: DatJayy / Jaypoc
Последняя редакция: Jaywalk843. Время: 20 авг. 2014 г., 9:50:24
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, especially this one. Looks like some good ideas and I'll probably end up going with this for now at least.

And yeah, "stupid high ES bubble" was definitely one thing I was going for with this(and not hard to get at the moment either with good gear), but GR would definitely be nice to work in as well. What would you suggest dropping to get it though? The faith and steel cluster is the first thing that comes to mind for me, but would be giving up a decent amount of ES to do that.

"
Jaywalk843 написал:
Im going to be rolling a cold crit shadow in the new league. That said Im not overly thrilled with how few crit nodes there "appear" to be in the new shadow start, but if I were to go witch I would do something more like this:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA34qPpoIQ37AsnFWuRKuvmxBYGyVLrukCbRnZWxFQpys1uR1Pgh7B85UgLR-IQsHFF1RMLRSw7BhWYxXXhq4sv9--hcVCSysNTLOLejbFHwIEB8NtXGuESOL3AW_zvt6w5wudrqcI2CQNfFfJLKam6zeD6ro0Cjdm8h1knev1j_rQ9UGWrrMFQl3yDkgRln_G34RCw56hVkqOPCKBkycc3LQMES8rCrb32t0VUCt4H8eQ1vDVSVEC_ow2cNVwUonTY0NQMIV9KU_kIhpsjHZN2DrY7Di4yjt8D8Siow==

Basically all I did was take what you had, drop a few of the lesser es nodes and grab power charges, more crit, more of the noteable es nodes, and a couple of noteable dmg nodes. In my opinion both Breath of Rime and Fingers of Frost are lacklustre nodes. The easily accessible cold nodes are pretty decent, but in the long run crit and crit multi are going to far outweigh the 10% cold dmg and 15% chance to freeze. If youre going cold crit, your crits will be freezing everything anyway, there isn't really a need for the 15% freeze from non-crits. Plus once you crit one mob ele prolif makes the entire screen stop moving at higher levels.

Editted to add that Throatseeker and Assassination nodes are pretty much a must for any ice spear build. I also think you are really going to need the Deep Thoughts node at least until you have a very high mana pool from gear and can get a high level clarity running. Its only 2 points out of your way that I think you should grab and consider respeccing out of later when you can sustain casting without it. And unless you are playing with a group and have a stupid high es bubble, ghost reaver and life leach gem are going to be your friend.

Also Spell Echo would be my suggestion for levelling, and switch it to faster casting when you can afford it (in terms of mana cost.)
Последняя редакция: Hodari. Время: 20 авг. 2014 г., 12:08:39
@Jaywalk843 I'm quite sure you'd need to pick up Ghost Reaver :D
IGN: QSTNMRK

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация