Using a VPN to avoid connection issues

still cant connect to the game GGG - shit
Hi there, I am having issues getting disconnected every 5min : "An Unexpected Disconnection Occurred." Other games work fine and I am not running firewalls or antivirus programs. Do I absolutely have to use vpn? Isn't there another fix? Or will GGG patch it soon so that it doesnt happen? Also, will vpn work if I run/installed the game through steam?

Regards
Mauser
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
WinMTR statistics |
Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
----------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
192.168.0.1 - 0 | 559 | 559 | 0 | 1 | 128 | 0 |
105-236-3-65-esr-lo.mtnbusiness.co.za - 0 | 559 | 559 | 6 | 10 | 109 | 7 |
ipc-recieve-rb-1a.za.mtnbusiness.net - 0 | 559 | 559 | 8 | 13 | 129 | 10 |
rb-dca-2.za--rb-cr-1.za-a.mtnns.net - 1 | 548 | 545 | 0 | 10 | 37 | 10 |
jh-cr-1.za--rb-cr-2.za.mtnns.net - 0 | 559 | 559 | 8 | 14 | 123 | 10 |
qux-jh-dca-2.za-b.za.mtnbusiness.net - 0 | 559 | 559 | 8 | 13 | 109 | 9 |
bbr01.lon01.networklayer.com - 0 | 559 | 559 | 191 | 196 | 310 | 192 |
ae7.bbr02.tg01.lon01.networklayer.com - 1 | 555 | 554 | 191 | 197 | 314 | 192 |
ae0.bbr02.eq01.ams02.networklayer.com - 1 | 551 | 549 | 199 | 203 | 316 | 200 |
ae6.dar02.sr01.ams01.networklayer.com - 0 | 559 | 559 | 199 | 204 | 317 | 201 |
po2.fcr01.sr01.ams01.networklayer.com - 3 | 512 | 500 | 197 | 209 | 577 | 198 |
37.58.67.210-static.reverse.softlayer.com - 0 | 559 | 559 | 197 | 201 | 319 | 198 |
______________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

I have tried vpn, doesnt help either...
 my VPN provider https://www.waselpro.com/en/
Anyone knows of a free VPN close to Portugal? I am worried about how safe these VPN's actually are. I mean, I am giving away my email address and account information through these VPN's... I can imagine some VPNs could very well be fraudulent.

Anyone's familiar with these "free" VPNs?
Hey again, after a bit of web searching about the issue of Free VPNs, I came to the conclusion that this is not secure at all. This little article puts it in a clear way what this is and for what purposes they exist:

http://www.how-to-hide-ip.info/2011/07/22/is-a-free-vpn-safe/

I was tempted to try one, and indeed tried one from the original poster, apparently endorsed by a GGG moderator. I now pray to god that I don't have any of my credentials stolen. This is a GRIEVE security exploitation, a social-engineering one and very deceiving...

If all my internet traffic is going through a 3rd party unknown entity (man in the middle interception), before it reachs the actual internet or my system, then I am foolishly giving away credentials for whatever sites I've been, like my main email account and password, which holds out nearly all other login credentials for most things web related.

And since this triggers PoE's servers to lock my account due to being on a different location and sending me an email with the unlock code, I am really a fool to have gone the effort to unlock it...

... excellent and geniously deceiving sense of security, but in the end it is a way to farm all my accounts, all my passwords, and even product keys, credit card accounts and so on should these fraudulent entities decide to screw me up.

It really worries me because a GGG staff member actually created this topic, and I just jumped in without that much thought. Now I regret that I may end up being stolen.
Rory i only can say thx!

2 month later works!
thx men

im conect in -tcp80
After going through all that I reported in Constant Disconnections and Latency Spikes, I decided to try connecting through a VPN as outlined in these instructions.

Even though I'm in the US, when I got to steps 3 & 4, I downloaded and unzipped the certificates, as per the instructions.

"
Rory написал:
3) You now need to download a VPN Certificate file:
UDP & TCP: http://www.vpnbook.com/free-openvpn-account/VPNBook.com-OpenVPN-Euro1.zip

4) Unzip the certificate files and place the contents in the OpenVPN directory "Config" folder (example: "C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\Config")

Then, I got to step 5.

"
Rory написал:
5) You are now ready to run your OpenVPN GUI which should have created a shortcut on your desktop. It will be running in your taskbar at the bottom right when opened. Right click the OpenVPN icon in the taskbar and click "Connect".

I found 4 options and didn't know which one to choose.

• vpnbook-euro1-tcp443
  • vpnbook-euro1-tcp80
  • vpnbook-euro1-udp25000
  • vpnbook-euro1-udp53

I tried connecting through each one of them, but the latency was so high, it was actually worse than if I just connected like I normally do, through my ISP. I also tried to log in through the Europe Gateway, but that was even worse than on the America Gateway.

I thought about downloading the "US Server OpenVPN Certificate Bundle", but it said "(US VPN - web surfing only; no p2p)", so I haven't tried that yet.

I do, however, appreciate that you (GGG) are still looking into ways to resolve these connection issues.
Read My Links!: http://www.theamazonbasin.com/forums/index.php?/topic/121389-read-my-links/
Addendum to previous post

I installed the "US Server OpenVPN Certificate Bundle" and tried each one. I couldn't even run PoE. Probably because of the "no P2P" (no peer-to-peer).

I downloaded and installed the other certificates too, but got the same results. (Very high latency).

I'll just keep gaming like usual and hope GGG eventually resolves the connection issue while improving video and sound card compatibility. ;)
Read My Links!: http://www.theamazonbasin.com/forums/index.php?/topic/121389-read-my-links/
I found a better VPN solution to avoid connecting issues https://www.iwasel.com/en/ I am using this VPN provider for a couple of months with unlimited bandwidth and No restrictions over use.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация